Home Sports Talk
Options

OT: Favorite Christmas Movie?

arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Not like there are any rules, but flicks like Die Hard and Bad Santa definitely qualify.

Ive had The Long Kiss Goodnight on the annual Christmas time rotation

Comments

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll add Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, and Trading Places (it counts if Die Hard counts)

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

artee hacked coinstartled's account.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Christmas Story
    Elf

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without a doubt, Christmas Vacation.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 5:31AM

Miracle on 34th Street, the original 1948 version.

Followed by Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story. Bad Santa is a hoot.

Home Alone 3 is under appreciated. My wife and I were howling through the third Home Alone yesterday afternoon after I got disgusted with start of the Tampa game.

Jamison threw one pick 6 right off the bat and almost had another one that got called back for a penalty. He is the best bad quarterback in the league. If a coach could break his turnover habit, he’d be among the best, but he’s getting to be “an old dog” who can’t learn any more tricks.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a wonderful life, Christmas vacation and Office Party

• Options

Oh, yes. Shame on me for forgetting Home Alone. I love watching the bad guys walk into the booby traps.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Elf
    The Santa Claus.... all 3 Tim Allen's are good

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Christmas vacation
    A Christmas story

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited December 22, 2019 8:16AM

I left our some ...

A Christmas Carol the 1950
    The Polar Expres;s

A Christmas Story display ...

I'll post more later if you like.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Miracle on 34th St.
    It's a Wonderful Life

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    edited December 22, 2019 8:17AM

Polar Express in 3-D. The "bells rings": for those who like this film, ot for critics like Leonard Maltin, they wonder why they went to all the trouble.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

The original cartoon How the Grinch stole Christmas from 1966. For me nothing else comes close, although I like all of the ones that will probably be mentioned and listed in this thread.

• Options

@Hallco said:
    The original cartoon How the Grinch stole Christmas from 1966. For me nothing else comes close, although I like all of the ones that will probably be mentioned and listed in this thread.

Definitely stand behind that one!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:
    I'll add Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, and Trading Places (it counts if Die Hard counts)

Well, we do agree on something! B)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a Wonderful Life and It Happened on 5th Avenue are 2 great Christmas movies.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Did I not see a single mention of White Christmas, or am I showing my age here. A christmas story is right up there for me.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:

This! Also an unheralded favorite:

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:

Awesome movie! 👍👍

• Options

As a kid, I feared this elf, with all of his talk of dentists, and images of pulled teeth. I still hate the bastard.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    As a kid, I feared this elf, with all of his talk of dentists, and images of pulled teeth. I still hate the bastard.

My ex wife was legit scared of the “bumble” even as an adult.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

This was a new edition for this year.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

MR Magoo's christmas carol

• Options

Loved this one!

• Options

Home Alone 4?

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

Catch Me If You Can counts, if Trading Places counts.

Wonderful, fast paced movie.

• Options

Agreed!

And not joking here, Frank lives 2 streets over from me.

Barbershop talk. Handratty wasn't the real FBI agents name.

"Where ya flying' tonight, Frank? Somewhere exotic?"

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scrooged starring Bill Murray. For the uninitiated, it’s the classic Dickensian Christmas Carol but the protagonist is a high powered 80s executive.

One of the best there is...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

White Christmas,

it's A Wonderful Life,

Christmas Vacation,

Die Hard,

A Charlie Brown Christmas,

Apollo 8 (not a movie, instead it was real and was broadcast live around the globe),

The Santa Claus,

Miracle On 34th Street,

And many more.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Scrooged starring Bill Murray. For the uninitiated, it’s the classic Dickensian Christmas Carol but the protagonist is a high powered 80s executive.

One of the best there is...

100%

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    White Christmas,

it's A Wonderful Life,

Christmas Vacation,

Die Hard,

A Charlie Brown Christmas,

Apollo 8 (not a movie, instead it was real and was broadcast live around the globe),

The Santa Claus,

Miracle On 34th Street,

And many more.

Plus 1 on the Apollo 8 mission.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any movie I would list has already been mentioned.

SO I just want to add, this is the first year I ever watched It's a Wonderful Life. I don't know how or why I always missed it before. Of course I always knew about it. One night my wife and kids were around the house doing other things and I decided to sit down and watch TV. It was about to start and I figure it was my time to watch it. Great movie!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

If "Die Hard" counts so does "Lethal Weapon"! Opening song is "Jingle Bell Rock".

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set