• Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1889-CC is fake the 1890-S is real.

• Options
    CollectorcoinsCollectorcoins Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

I guarantee you are wrong

• Options

Ive had 3 dealers look at it who have been in business for yeas and none ever questioned it was real. what makes what do you see that makes you think its a fake?

• Options
    Jayyk31Jayyk31 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019 9:47AM

Looks legit to my eyes. Without seeing the marker between the wheat leaves above the tiara it looks like a far date VAM 5. The '89cc is what I'm referring to.

• Options

It's real, it has the raised die line between the wheat leaves and the tiara.

• Options

I just posted a photo of the raised die line for authentication. Between the leaf and T of Liberty

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019 4:23PM

:)

Look at the CCs, & their positions:

OP’s coin:

From CoinFacts:

• Options

Do you know how many reverse dies were used? do you discount the pcgs grading guide die identification marker?

• Options
    edited December 16, 2019 1:43PM

@Collectorcoins said:
    Do you know how many reverse dies were used? do you discount the pcgs grading guide die identification marker?

Show me another 89-cc from CoinFacts, HA, etc. w/the same cc & position as your coin & I will accept your coin as genuine.

Pls no flapping your lips, 1, 2, 3 times & more.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no opinion about authenticity one way or another, but no reason to not send in this 2-3K coin for certification to be sure.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please show us the results.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

ok

• Options

Shipped to NGC 12/24 earlybird

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is awesome

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020 7:16AM

"Show me another 89-cc from CoinFacts, HA, etc. w/the same cc & position as your coin & I will accept your coin as genuine.”
    KollectorKing you are obviously not thorough enough to source Vamworld.com where the ‘89-CC VAM 5 is plated with the dropped 2nd C of mintmark. Get your wallet out and pay up. Just because a die variety isn’t listed in CoinFacts or doesn’t appear in a Legend auction archive doesn’t preclude the existence of such. http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/w/images/e/ee/1889-CC_RonH_REVERSE_MM_C3d-DROPPED_C.jpg

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    edited January 1, 2020 9:41PM
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2020 9:53PM

@coindeuce said:
    KollectorKing you are obviously not thorough enough to source Vamworld.com where the ‘89-CC VAM 5 is plated with the dropped 2nd C of mintmark. Get your wallet out and pay up. Just because a die variety isn’t listed in CoinFacts or doesn’t appear in a Legend auction archive doesn’t preclude the existence of such. http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/w/images/e/ee/1889-CC_RonH_REVERSE_MM_C3d-DROPPED_C.jpg

Instead of flapping your lips, put your money where your lips are. I’ll make you the same offer. If the coin comes back from NGC as genuine, I’ll ppff you $100.00.

However, If not, you ppff me $500.00, deal?

If CU puts me on time out again or ban me, you know how to get ahold of me.

KK

• Options

I won’t dignify you with a response to your ignorance. I don’t need your arrogance either.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options
    edited January 1, 2020 9:55PM

See how close the 2nd C the op’s coin is from the O? That is what concerns me. Show me a pic of another 89-CC with the 2nd C as close to the O as the op’s coin.

• Options

Quit while you’re behind. Your last comment is gibberish.

• Options

@coindeuce said:
    I won’t dignify you with a response to your ignorance. I don’t need your arrogance either.

I may be ignorant, but not arrogant. At least I “made” the op get the coin holder before trying to sell it, ie so the next owner will have some “guarantee.”

What have you done lately other than flap your tongue?

• Options

Heritage Lot #4635, Auction 1245 (April 2017 CSNS) Blow up the reverse and try to claim that it isn’t the same reverse as OP’s coin.

• Options

@coindeuce said:
    Heritage Lot #4635, Auction 1245 (April 2017 CSNS) Blow up the reverse and try to claim that it isn’t the same reverse as OP’s coin.

@coindeuce said:

@coindeuce said:

@coindeuce said:

No only am I ignorant, but lazy. You found the pics, your post the pics.

• Options
    edited January 1, 2020 10:21PM

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

I may be ignorant, but not arrogant. At least I “made” the op get the coin holder before trying to sell it, ie so the next owner will have some “guarantee.”

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

I’ve observed you coercing a seller with no motive or incentive to sell a counterfeit coin to accept your wager just to satisfy your ego. That is my definition of arrogance. If you were a mature adult, you would have offered to buy the coin based on your insistence of proving authenticity instead of blathering about protecting the next owner.

• Options

@coindeuce said:

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

I’ve observed you coercing a seller with no motive or incentive to sell a counterfeit coin to accept your wager just to satisfy your ego. That is my definition of arrogance. If you were a mature adult, you would have offered to buy the coin based on your insistence of proving authenticity instead of blathering about protecting the next owner.

Si.... case closed.

• Options

@KollectorKing said:
    Si.... case closed.

Back pedaling, I see. Not going to acknowledge the results from NGC either ?
    😆

• Options

@coindeuce said:

@coindeuce said:

@coindeuce said:

Huh?

• Options

Boy sooner or later the 1894 is gonna get sold.

• Options

More drama from KollectorQueen

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

Instead of flapping your lips, put your money where your lips are. I’ll make you the same offer. If the coin comes back from NGC as genuine, I’ll ppff you $100.00.

KK

KK - this is uncalled for, Steve is an honest seller and not trying to rip anybody off. Also if I’m wrong I’ll pay you $100 but if I’m right you pay me $500 seems a little over the top. For what’s its worth, based on images I think you’ll be sending steve some $$.

• Options

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

KK

KK - this is uncalled for, Steve is an honest seller and not trying to rip anybody off. Also if I’m wrong I’ll pay you $100 but if I’m right you pay me $500 seems a little over the top. For what’s its worth, based on images I think you’ll be sending steve some $$.

Sorry BB1975, I respectfully disagree with you. When a key coin like an 89-CC Morgan is being sold uncertified & in my opinion the 2nd C’s position is questionable someone has to step up & challenge the seller’s opinion of the coin. The OP kept saying it’s genuine so I’m putting $100 to see what NGC has to say about the coin.
    1. If it’s genuine the seller is right & will get good money for the coin and I will ppff him $100.00.
    2. If NGC says otherwise, I’ll save $100.

Pure & simple. I hope you understand my point of view.

• Options

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

KK

Furthermore the quote you referred to was NOT addressed to the OP. It was addressed to another name calling member. Please re-read the the quoted passage.

• Options

@coindeuce said:
    More drama from KollectorQueen

I want to keep this on record in case the member edits or deletes it.

• Options

@Collectorcoins said:
    Shipped to NGC 12/24 earlybird

Keep for the record.

• Options
    edited January 3, 2020 10:14PM

Arrived at NGC on 12/30.

• Options

@KollectorKing said:
    Boy sooner or later the 1894 is gonna get sold.

Nothing like covertly attacking another seller's business. Not cool in the least.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@coindeuce said:

KK

Sorry BB1975, I respectfully disagree with you. When a key coin like an 89-CC Morgan is being sold uncertified & in my opinion the 2nd C’s position is questionable someone has to step up & challenge the seller’s opinion of the coin. The OP kept saying it’s genuine so I’m putting $100 to see what NGC has to say about the coin.
    1. If it’s genuine the seller is right & will get good money for the coin and I will ppff him $100.00.
    2. If NGC says otherwise, I’ll save $100.

Pure & simple. I hope you understand my point of view.

Unless you are in the market to buy it, I'm not sure why you think you have not just the right but the duty to challenge the coin's authenticity.

• Options
    RomankowRomankow Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

Following...

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shall be interesting when the results come in.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    Jayyk31Jayyk31 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Just as I said Vam 5 far date. 100% legit. I mean all that has to be done is push a few buttons and go over to VamWorld and compare. The OP's pics are definitely good enough to see the details you need to see to verify. I guess it's not a biggie sending it off anyway! But nice 89cc, I wish I had the extra doe, I'd grab it!

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

Waitin on that grade!

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

Following as well.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options

It was sent to NGC. The dealer who sent it had a dispute with NGC, they finally settled it so its in the grading process somewhere along the way. I will post it as soon as i know and post a photo of it in the holder or the body bag.

• Options

will be interested to see the results.

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

@Collectorcoins said:
    It was sent to NGC. The dealer who sent it had a dispute with NGC, they finally settled it so its in the grading process somewhere along the way. I will post it as soon as i know and post a photo of it in the holder or the body bag.

Get the submission number from the dealer and follow the coin moving through the process. I sure hope you trust the person who sent the coin for grading.

• Options

oh I can , hes honest.

This discussion has been closed.