Home Precious Metals
Options

My "problem" with silver recommendations.

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, I see the same things you do on silver. Heard it in the shop, too.

https://usawatchdog.com/putin-predicting-us-dollar-collapse-is-serious-warning-catherine-austin-fitts/

Investment advisor and former Assistant Secretary of Housing Catherine Austin Fitts thinks Vladimir Putin saying “the dollar is going to collapse soon” is a flashing warning for the U.S. dollar’s value in the not-so-distant future.......
.....Now, Fitts is saying, “As to investment – I believe gold and silver are likely to have a good year in 2019 and 2020.

Always it's "gold and silver."

And the old "industrial usage" for silver, while accurate, seems pretty iffy in a ...collapse... scenario.

Gold has always been money.

?????????

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Gold and silver are the insurance against the dollar's decreasing value...AGE's and ASE's will be the most liquid in times of emergency....Meanwhile, the economy is good...stack them high... Cheers, RickO

Your Gold & Silver will be of no use in case of an emergency. Talk to the survivors from the Paradise Valley Fire to get an idea. Cash, Food, Water, Shelter and Transportation.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA....And all of those can be purchased with the cash from gold or silver....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2019 7:52PM

@OPA said:

@ricko said:
    Gold and silver are the insurance against the dollar's decreasing value...AGE's and ASE's will be the most liquid in times of emergency....Meanwhile, the economy is good...stack them high... Cheers, RickO

Your Gold & Silver will be of no use in case of an emergency. Talk to the survivors from the Paradise Valley Fire to get an idea. Cash, Food, Water, Shelter and Transportation.

Surviving a currency crisis will take different tools than surviving a fire, or a flood, or a hurricane or a toranado or . . .

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

When one plans for disaster/crisis/hard times,...One should have several options....Precious metals are only one option... Chickens, MRE's, firearms, ammunition, generators, fuel, propane, batteries etc., etc., etc.. Last, but not least, skills and knowledge... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

As @ricko said don't forget training & knowledge during the boogaloo:

https://archive.org/details/military-manuals?tab=collection

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@OPA said:

@ricko said:

I think ricko was talking more about an economic collapse or hyperinflation rather than a natural disaster like a fire or earthquake where a gun and ammo would be far more valuable.

If I know @ricko, he is prepared for all of the above :D

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShadyDave
    That's a nice collection of manuals.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Last time I visited @ricko, we had a feast fit for a king :)

MRE generation 7 I believe (87-89?), number 03 the ole dehydrated beef patty, topped with slag city cheese and granulated ketchup shoved between 2 crackers. Instant cheeseburger and I lived on it for the better part of 7 months. Good times, Semper Fi!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    When one plans for disaster/crisis/hard times,...One should have several options....Precious metals are only one option... Chickens, MRE's, firearms, ammunition, generators, fuel, propane, batteries etc., etc., etc.. Last, but not least, skills and knowledge... ;) Cheers, RickO

Don’t forget medical stuff. Blood pressure meds, insulin if needed, bandages, antibiotics etc.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an article floating around on the web from a man who was in a town of about 10,000 blockaded for a year in the Yugoslav civil war.
    Clean water-you need bleach
    H2O2 & medical supplies
    Ammo
    Batteries(accumulators)
    BIC lighters in quantity
    Whiskey

He said, iirc, that those could be traded for whatever you wanted.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Putin who?

An investment advisor citing something Putin says must have very gullible and fearful clients. She probably makes a fortune feediing on their fear.

idiots are still fantasizing about putin stealing the election 3 years ago. 37 dollars in facebook ads after the election was already over really paid off.

Watch CNN at the gym they mention Putin every day , global warming , volkswagen emission scandal , american idol its all Putin . He is all over silver and gold too B)

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    There is an article floating around on the web from a man who was in a town of about 10,000 blockaded for a year in the Yugoslav civil war.
    Clean water-you need bleach
    H2O2 & medical supplies
    Ammo
    Batteries(accumulators)
    BIC lighters in quantity
    Whiskey

He said, iirc, that those could be traded for whatever you wanted.

Makes sense. If that situation ever arises here, people will be shocked at how useless gold and silver are. It can be used as a way to maintain value until a new currency is established. But you aren’t going to be able to use it as money during a crisis. Very little to buy and nobody wants to risk trading something useful for something useless.