Home Sports Talk
Options

Dallas vs. Buffalo, it might be a better game than you think.

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 28, 2019 6:04AM in Sports Talk

When NFL schedulers set up this game, they probably thought that it would be a “walkover game” to make the Dallas fans happy on Turkey Day. The trouble is Buffalo has been a pesky team that has exceeded expectations. The Cowboys, on the other hand, have not beaten a team with a winning record. This game might be more interesting than it appears.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    When NFL schedulers set up this game, they probably thought that it would be a “walkover game” to make the Dallas fans happy on Turkey Day. The trouble is Buffalo has been a pesky team that has exceeded expectations. The Cowboys, on the other hand, have not beaten a team with a winning record. This game might be more interesting than it appears.

I agree...especially with our do nothing HC!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo 24 Cowboys 16 😱

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry was sure stirring things up in some interviews this week.

Hard to tell how that may affect the players, if at all.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

we should all wish Dimeman well, if Dallas gives us a stinker he might stroke-out!! B)

• Options
    edited November 28, 2019 7:17AM

He will probably need another new TV after he has thrown his well-used cinder block through the current one. B)

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Least talked about 8-3 team ever. I’m hoping the Cowboys talk about last weeks game right up until kick off. No predictions from me but this is definitely one of the defining moments for the Bills this season.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces hey if it means anything Madden 20 on the PS4 has Buffalo going to the Super Bowl consistently when I simulate a season 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 7:32AM

Buffalo wins with defense and field goals.... Dallas 20- Buffalo 9

• Options

Just read an article and Zeke is still talking about last week this morning. The proper response should have been that’s old news let’s talk about today. Seriously are they so unconcerned about Buffalo that JJ’s comments are more important? After the Denver game Sean McDermitt said I don’t have time for long interviews we’re game planning for next week starting tonight. Hope he does a good job.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

The 'boyz are 0-4 vs. teams with winning records..... Im guessing they come out blazing and take it to 1-4.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2019 9:10AM

Hey, lets's get it on! I'm ready for some Turkey day football!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Hey, lets's get it on! I'm ready for some Turkey day football!

Agreed! One of my favorite days of the year! 🏈🍻🦃

• Options

Almost game time and I for one take the Bill's very serious.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Almost game time and I for one take the Bill's very serious.

Welcome back! How did you get the problem straightened out?

• Options

Good start!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Good start!

How did you get the problem fixed so fast?

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Good start!

I didn't do anything. Have you checked the thread we were having problems with. It's random. And not just me. There are several threads on it on the U.S. Coin Forum.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@doubledragon said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Good start!

I didn't do anything. Have you checked the thread we were having problems with. It's random. And not just me. There are several threads on it on the U.S. Coin Forum.

I'm glad you're back, and just in time for the Cowboys game! Enjoy the show!

• Options

ARGH! Beasley! Dallas is getting absolutely NO pressure on the QB! NONE!! Our DC is probably taking a nap with Garrett!!!!! :s

• Options
    edited November 28, 2019 3:47PM

Dallas is trying to give Buffalo as many scoring chances as they can but Buffalo might not accept though lol

• Options

If heads don't roll on this loss...…..I might have to...………………….. :s

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Wow, little trickery for that Bills TD!

• Options

We are starting to look like a bunch of 3rd graders on drugs...…………...GEEZE!!!!!!

• Options

The refs gave Dallas a huge break on that ridiculous hands to the face call. They owed them though 😂

• Options

Well, we are giving this one away!

• Options

2 missed FG’s and an extra point. Sloppy

• Options

Stupid 15 yard penalty for Dallas ...

• Options
    edited November 28, 2019 4:36PM

So far this one is not on Garrett, 2 missed FG’s and that interception by Dak has been the difference

• Options

CLICK......they have ruined all of Turkey they are going to today. Garrett has to go......he is a CANCER to the team at this point!

• Options

23 to 7 ...

The cinder block and the TV are getting closer to an encounter.

Dallas needs to wake-up to get back into this one.

• Options

Hey Jason Garrett, wanna get away?

• Options

Dallas is not a play-off quality team ... They might get in because of the Humming Birds (Eaglets), but they won’t deserve to be there.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Awful hit on Cooper, hopefully nothing serious. Bills look primed as a tough opponent come playoff time

• Options

Looking at the next few games before Dallas faces Philly I think Philly doesn’t lose a game until they meet Dallas, they got Miami and Washington while Dallas has Chicago and the Rams.. If Dallas wins the next two the division can come down pretty tight

• Options

Well, that does it. There isn't room for both of us......it's either Garrett or me! One of us is going!!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Well, that does it. There isn't room for both of us......it's either Garrett or me! One of us is going!!!!

Garrett won’t get the ax until the season is over for them, if then.

And if he makes the play-offs ... it will be a successful season right?

In the mean time it’s a good thing the Cowboys are not playing the Miami Minnows. The ‘Boys are 0 for 3 against AFC Division teams.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Garrett won’t get the ax until the season is over for them, if then.

And if he makes the play-offs ... it will be a successful season right?

In the mean time it’s a good thing the Cowboys are not playing the Miami Minnows. The ‘Boys are 0 for 3 against AFC Division teams.

Why,,,,No…...and who cares.

It would be better to make the change no and get the transition over with now instead of yet another season down the drain next year.

• Options

here you go again, quitting on your Team like you do pretty much every year when they don't win. that is not the hallmark of a true fan.

• Options

I’m thinking Buffalo will finally get the national respect they deserve. No Josh Allen doesn’t throw for 300 yards. No stars on this team. Just a well coached lunch pail squad that bends but doesn’t break. This is the 3rd game this year the opponent has scored on their opening possession and the Bills make adjustments and shut them down. All you needed to see is Josh Allen grab that fumble on 4th and 1 and claw his way for 5 yards and a first down. How many QB’s would say I’m not sticking my hands into that mess. Well coached team and a very good game plan. Zeke never touched the ball again halfway through the 3rd quarter and Cooper had a nice game but never killed us. Congratulations on 9-3.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Dallas has a horse that they don't seem ready to ride and the defense can't seem to stop anyone consistently. that renders them equal to about half the Teams in the NFL, average at best and moving backwards.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Buffalo 24 Cowboys 16 😱

Final score Buffalo 26 Cowboys 15

An excellent call from Perkdog considering that Buffalo was a 7 point dog. 👍

• Options

Maybe the Buffalo fans will start wearing the dog masks this year. Given the Buffalo climate, they might need them for the December home games.

• Options

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/28/jerry-jones-im-not-firing-jason-garrett/

Jerry Jones: I’m not firing Jason Garrett
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 28, 2019, 8:18 PM EST

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is obviously not happy with the way his team performed today, but that performance won’t cost head coach Jason Garrett his job.

Jones confirmed after today’s game that Garrett will remain the Cowboys’ head coach.

“I’m just not going to make a coaching change. It’s not impossible for us to do more than just show up in the playoffs,” Jones said.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who would want to coach the Cowboys? Quality coaches don't want an owner micromanaging them. They will have to get an unexperienced coach or one who is desperate for a job. To get a top not coach Jerry will have to put it in writing that he will stay far away, get a new GM, and sign it in blood.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    edited November 28, 2019 7:31PM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    Buffalo 24 Cowboys 16 😱

If Only if I was a betting man 😂😫

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    Buffalo 24 Cowboys 16 😱

If Only if I was a betting man 😂😫

You'd be out shopping tomorrow for a Maserati. :)

• Options

@Brick said:
    Who would want to coach the Cowboys? Quality coaches don't want an owner micromanaging them. They will have to get an unexperienced coach or one who is desperate for a job. To get a top not coach Jerry will have to put it in writing that he will stay far away, get a new GM, and sign it in blood.

Jones will never do it.

The Dallas Cowboys are his toy and he's not going to allow anyone else to play with it.

• Options
    edited November 29, 2019 6:21AM

@perkdog said:
    Buffalo 24 Cowboys 16 😱

That makes the Cowboys 1-3 against the AFC East. .

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@stevek said:
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/28/jerry-jones-im-not-firing-jason-garrett/

Jerry Jones: I’m not firing Jason Garrett
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 28, 2019, 8:18 PM EST

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is obviously not happy with the way his team performed today, but that performance won’t cost head coach Jason Garrett his job.

Jones confirmed after today’s game that Garrett will remain the Cowboys’ head coach.

“I’m just not going to make a coaching change. It’s not impossible for us to do more than just show up in the playoffs,” Jones said.

What makes him think we will be in the playoffs!! He is a retched owner!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

what is wrong with the forum now? I read this whole thread already but it says NEW , there is nothing new here