Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this 1964 Kennedy an Accented Hair?

privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just seeing if I might have made my 1st cherry pick.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    Yes.

+1

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes...It is an AH....Nice find. Coin show or shop? Cheers, RickO

• Options

BST. <3

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely is an Accented hair.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find @privatecoin
    Did you buy it as AH, did you cherry pick it, or was it in a group of halves that you purchased?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin nice pickup! When we know what to look for, it's fun to find a nugget. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bingo!

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    Nice find @privatecoin
    Did you buy it as AH, did you cherry pick it, or was it in a group of halves that you purchased?

Was in a mixed group of 9 proof sets 1959 - 1964 that I just recently purchased on the BST. Certainly made my day, and my purchase worthwhile as this one fills a nice blank in my collection.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2019 2:58PM

The diagnostic on the “I” would indicate, Yes!

Congrats @privatecoin!

• Options
    RoscoRosco Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

very nice deer antler effect above the ear, good pick.

R.I.P Son 1986>2020

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Good find! Now go find one in cameo or deep cameo!

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

@Cameonut said:
    Yes. Good find! Now go find one in cameo or deep cameo!

Yes. I will keep my hopes up.

All i can say is these forums have been priceless to me, from the wealth of shared knowledge to some treasures I've got on the BST. Only wish i would have known about this site sooner.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Russ would of been proud. <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that coin is beautiful and looks much better than when it was in the cello. Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boom... enjoy your new car

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin.... Wow.... Very nice... That is one to be proud of.....Well done indeed. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2021 9:53AM

Yes! You hit the "Russ" statis. Beautiful coin, dude. I'm jealous. Lol
    Congratulations. B)<3B)
    Just Cherry picked two the other day. Nowhere as good as yours. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that the same coin?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

To clarify...it's not the same coin, right?

• Options

Yes it is the same coin. Unless PCGS gave me someone else's coin. The coins in that set all had a lot if haze.

• Options

@privatecoin said:
    Yes it is the same coin. Unless PCGS gave me someone else's coin. The coins in that set all had a lot if haze.

I don't see contrast in the original pictures, nor the spot above the 6 in the date. Could it be that sometime in the last year and a half that you mixed up coins?
    Regardless, super nice coin!

• Options

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/42287167
    Looks like they missed the trueview, that or it hasn't posted yet. I recently had to send a Franklin back in to get the trueview image taken.

• Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭✭

If you still have the proof set, take a look at the dime. Sets with an AH Kennedy almost always have a pointed 9 dime as opposed to a blunt 9 in the date.

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/42287167
    Looks like they missed the trueview, that or it hasn't posted yet. I recently had to send a Franklin back in to get the trueview image taken.

Yep, I was curious on that too.

The icing on the cake today was this sticker and my seafoam green box.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

super pick
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2021 2:26PM

Gorgeous coin. Hard to believe it is the same one you showed in the OGP in 2019 when you started this thread.

Looking forward to seeing the True View photo.

Your photo shows a coin that appears to still have some haze on the surfaces. If haze is on the coin you might want to consider whether the haze can be safely removed ("conserved"). If so and if an attempt at conservation is successful I would think that the numerical grade for the coin would go up.

However, as Keets has said in the past the frosted devices look heavier with the presence of the haze. Remove the haze and the frost may appear less thick.

I am waiting for a True View to post of a 1965 SMS half that I recently submitted. The frost on that coin is DCAM thick but the fields (as usual for a 1965) were not deep enough to warrant a DCAM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file