Home Q & A Forum
Options

Has anyone been required to change their password from one of the forum moderators?

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 15, 2019 8:17PM in Q & A Forum

When I tried to login earlier this evening, before I could access the forum, it said I needed to change my password and that it was likely being asked by a moderator. Weird? Just wondered if anyone else has had this happen recently. I wondered if someone was trying to login as me. Not sure why....I'm pretty much boring, didn't care or have any involvement with the Silver Eagle/US Mint fiasco and certainly don't have much impact on anything that usually goes on here! :D

Comments

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭

yes had to change.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the same thing this morning. Then had problems resetting and had to use a different browser.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to change it last night.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone. Seems like there are issues.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2019 3:11PM

I'm glad you posted, YES, and very scary. I'll miss you all when I'm gone.

Perhaps a few of us are on a "watch" list? Perhaps, we were hacked. Previously I had a very simple to figure out password.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just visiting, and then changed the page and came back to "Howdy Stranger!" Password reset here too.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes here too

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had to reset mine just now and received some vague message about it possibly being to a moderator changing the settings on my account. I too began to worry that it was an omen of bad things to come, but it looks to be pretty benign if many others are getting it as well.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Perhaps a few of us are on a "watch" list? Perhaps, we were hacked. Previously I had a very simple to figure out password.

I wondered this too, but I haven't been posting much recently and my recent posts are mainly about the new modern "rarity" released by the Mint earlier this week which seem pretty benign.

• Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

Real suspicious of that stuff but I had to reset mine also.

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just happened to me as well.

No problem.

If I'm remembering right, years ago the CU forum software automatically assigned a password. But now we get to choose our own password. I call that progress. :)

• Options

Definitely a way to make one change their password.

——-

You did change your password and not reenter your old one... right? :o

:DB)

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes
    "an administrator recently changed your account information", but what was the change? :#

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's ask Heather. Will someone please PM her. I cannot.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said in the other thread, typically you force a password reset when the database has been stolen. If you have a proper salt and use a decent hash algorithm there's no actual danger, but you do it as best practices anyway.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

Heather posted a sticky at the top of the US Coin forum.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1028398/password-resets

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

I had trouble changing for a few days. Looks like something was done,as it worked on my first try today

• Options

Second thread by Heather for those still having issues:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1028423/password-help

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too! New password change went flawlessly. I'm good. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall