Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto, ditto, ditto and DITTO!
    We have seen this film before.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought you retired from coin business.

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:
    I thought you retired from coin business.

Had to close store due to medical reasons, still dealing coins, from personal collection and helping a friend liquidate his 100k collection

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the 2019S fever on ebay right now, caution is the word of the day.....pages and pages of them listed. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    With the 2019S fever on ebay right now, caution is the word of the day.....pages and pages of them listed. Cheers, RickO

409 listed per my info

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put mine up on ebay yesterday immediately after I picked it up at Baltimore with a starting price of $650 or best offer, $650 was what the guys hanging around the the end of the line were offering.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/223751582514
    I've had four offers of $750 (never had a offer over the start price before). Declined them all. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

One should have sold at the Baltimore show, for the $650 offered, so long as one was paid on the spot in greenbacks.

People who won't take a ten-fer are just asking fate for worse. A ten-fer is a homerun. One homerun might not win the ball game, but Jeesh...

• Options

meh.
    If it wont sell on the 'bay, I'll just toss it into the pile of other numismatic oddballs I've accumulated and leave it to my heirs to figure out. This will be the least of their problems.
    It can always sell at melt with a minimal loss,

• Options

A ten-fer is a homerun. A ten-fer two minutes after you bought the silver thingie for $65 is a gift from the Deity.

• Options

Agreed.
    But a $65 loss or a $600 gain really does not make any big difference. I kind of just want to see where this winds up.

• Options
    edited November 16, 2019 9:20PM

I attended the distribution ceremony for the 2009 "Professional Life" Lincoln Cent back in the late summer of 2009. You could obtain 6 rolls of Lincoln Cents for the face value of $3.00 - and at the end of the Line, there were fine gentlemen paying $10 per roll! Multiple trips through line were allowed, and I got through line twice before the buyers had their quota and went away (to the nearby Post Office, believe). Easiest $120 that I ever made in my life, hands down.

Possibly the only 20-fer that I ever made on coins... and how trivial those coins are today...

• Options

@KindaNewish said:
    I put mine up on ebay yesterday immediately after I picked it up at Baltimore with a starting price of $650 or best offer, $650 was what the guys hanging around the the end of the line were offering.
    I've had four offers of $750 (never had a offer over the start price before). Declined them all. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

Just wondering. Why didn't you have it graded since you were there?

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

I dunno. looking at the prices these fetch in the slabs, I guess that I should have. I just figured that they would all be graded 69 or 70 like the palladium proof last year or the gold merc the year before, so why bother?
    But in hindsight, I really should have walked 20 feet over to the PCGS table and filled out the submission form.

Is it too late to send it in via the regular method?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:

Not too late.

You have 30 days from the 14th for First Strike. You’ll need to send the receipt since it was not postal shipped if you wait past 30 days. Not sure how they handle the entombed COA (if you want to do this) since it was not shipped/sealed from usmint.gov.

• Options
    edited November 16, 2019 9:53PM

@KindaNewish said:

@TurboSnail said:

I dunno. looking at the prices these fetch in the slabs, I guess that I should have. I just figured that they would all be graded 69 or 70 like the palladium proof last year or the gold merc the year before, so why bother?
    But in hindsight, I really should have walked 20 feet over to the PCGS table and filled out the submission form.

I don't think it will be possible to have the Baltimore label nor the COA # on your coin slab anymore.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillDugan1959 said:
    I attended the distribution ceremony for the 2009 "Professional Life" Lincoln Cent back in the late summer of 2009. You could obtain 6 rolls of Lincoln Cents for the face value of $3.00 - and at the end of the Line, there were fine gentlemen paying $10 per roll! Multiple trips through line were allowed, and I got through line twice before the buyers had their quota and went away (to the nearby Post Office, believe). Easiest $120 that I ever made in my life, hands down.

Possibly the only 20-fer that I ever made on coins... and how trivial those coins are today...

A friend of mine and I did the same thing!
    Maybe you were the guy I knocked down while I was scrambling back in line?
    If so, sorry......

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    A friend of mine and I did the same thing!
    Maybe you were the guy I knocked down while I was scrambling back in line?
    If so, sorry......

Sure. Confess after the statute of limitation for personal injury runs out. :p

• Options
    edited November 16, 2019 10:26PM

@mannie gray Nah, I didn't see you there that day, but I did see Mr. Doran... you didn't knock me over... easiest $120 I ever made in coins.

I still came home with like 32 rolls of coins... they went to Coinstar about three years ago. The bank people doing the distribution were very liberal after the second go around. Supposedly the armored vehicle had 100,000 rolls, and a few went back home with the truck.

I am still today highly pleased that the Illinois Old State Capitol has been portrayed on a legal render U.S. coin! A very historic building!

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2019 10:32PM

@ricko said:

It seems to be the only game going right now on BST.

For me erpae "s" is a dead issue, over it, I have my Pride of 2 Nations, I'm just look at it twice. At $65.95 the S would have been nice, anything over $150 will not be worth it.
    I prefer to Collect, not accumulate, there are too many Morgan's and Walkers I would rather have.

😁Smile -- You can take it with you, if none of your greedy relatives know where you buried it!

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:

You could have gotten $1000 at Baltimore on the 1st Day from dealers who wanted the special label

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wanted the coin....would not have sold it no matter the profit....Well, maybe for $10 million, but doubt it will go that high :D:D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file