Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Dual Encapsulation Of U.S. Mint Serialized COAs Alongside 2019 Reverse Proof

13»

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s now been 96 hours in the Quality Control phase prior to the ship out date. :(

• Options

Mine been in QC for 24 hrs but it’s closed now for weekend; I don’t understand why i see a grade on coin but COA Number not showing yet.
    I got the Gold shield, so they do better photos of coins

• Options
    edited December 9, 2019 2:52PM

The boys are done should be shipping soon. :)

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@PCGS_SocialMedia said:
    PCGS will begin encapsulating United States Mint serialized Certificates of Authenticity (COA) alongside the accompanying coins. The service will also provide a pedigree on the coin insert with the matching serial number.

This new service is being launched in conjunction with the new, low-mintage American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, which will be accompanied from the Mint with COAs bearing a serial number. Collectors and dealers will have an opportunity to submit these coins to PCGS at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14-17, as well as by PCGS’ regular submission procedures.

For the full article please visit: https://www.pcgs.com/news/pcgs-announces-dual-encapsulation-coa

Why do all the pictures show the COA with Gold Shield, but none on the coin label?

• Options

@drei3ree said:

@PCGS_SocialMedia said:
    PCGS will begin encapsulating United States Mint serialized Certificates of Authenticity (COA) alongside the accompanying coins. The service will also provide a pedigree on the coin insert with the matching serial number.

This new service is being launched in conjunction with the new, low-mintage American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin, which will be accompanied from the Mint with COAs bearing a serial number. Collectors and dealers will have an opportunity to submit these coins to PCGS at the Whitman Baltimore Winter Expo, November 14-17, as well as by PCGS’ regular submission procedures.

For the full article please visit: https://www.pcgs.com/news/pcgs-announces-dual-encapsulation-coa

Why do all the pictures show the COA with Gold Shield, but none on the coin label?

I asked that type of question I was told the American Flag is what you get. Not enough room to put the Gold Seal I was told. Hope that helps.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Made my first ever submission, an ERP ASE and I was getting concerned. My USPS tracking # said my package was picked up by an "Agent" on 12/9. Here it is 12/13 and PCGS has no record of my submission. I called customer service today and they said they are behind because of the ERP's but my package has been scanned by their receiving dept. When officially entered into the system I will receive an E-mail. Does this sound about right? Thanks.

• Options

Yes once it took over a week to 10 days after they receive the package before they started working on the coin. It was during a hot Mint release just like this one so it’s normal. Their just busy making money.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    Made my first ever submission, an ERP ASE and I was getting concerned. My USPS tracking # said my package was picked up by an "Agent" on 12/9. Here it is 12/13 and PCGS has no record of my submission. I called customer service today and they said they are behind because of the ERP's but my package has been scanned by their receiving dept. When officially entered into the system I will receive an E-mail. Does this sound about right? Thanks.

https://www.pcgs.com/myaccount/packagefinder

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    The boys are done should be shipping soon. :)

How did you do? Any autographed COAs?

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 11:50PM

No autographed but it came a 70. :)

• Options
    edited December 14, 2019 5:00AM

@Gluggo said:

@drei3ree said:

@PCGS_SocialMedia said:

I asked that type of question I was told the American Flag is what you get. Not enough room to put the Gold Seal I was told. Hope that helps.

No flag on the one pictured. I guess the "Silver Enhanced Rev PR" is the issue...

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Yes once it took over a week to 10 days after they receive the package before they started working on the coin. It was during a hot Mint release just like this one so it’s normal. Their just busy making money.

Thank you Gluggo.

• Options
    earlycoinsearlycoins Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

A serious question.

Beyond the sizzle, and with zero disrespect for our host or our Mint, have counterfeit enhanced silver eagles been appearing?

If they have, I understand the preventive rationale for the COAs. If they have not, why are we encapsulating numbered COAs?

• Options

@earlycoins said:
    A serious question.

Beyond the sizzle, and with zero disrespect for our host or our Mint, have counterfeit enhanced silver eagles been appearing?

If they have, I understand the preventive rationale for the COAs. If they have not, why are we encapsulating numbered COAs?

Proactive/Preventive approach!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file