Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Dual Encapsulation Of U.S. Mint Serialized COAs Alongside 2019 Reverse Proof

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 11:26PM

@engmtic said:
    so im not seeing the "other" line on the online submission form. can anyone direct me where that is, i would like the COA encapsulation

In the #7 Service Area. There is an area where you can write in with a solid line around the area where you pick your submission level. It should be the last one but on the second column .

Here is the link where you can download in pdf format the form to make sure your using the latest form.

https://www.pcgs.com/submissionform/usaform.pdf?v=2019

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@engmtic said:
    so im not seeing the "other" line on the online submission form. can anyone direct me where that is, i would like the COA encapsulation

The online form is pretty easy and good for the known “stuff.” When it comes to using unknown “stuff” it is best to use the PDF. Either print and write or make your entries in the PDF and print.

@Gluggo posted the link for the PDF file; recommend to download PDF and save first.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep sending them back a few of the white, yellow, pink, and gold paper forms that they keep sending me in all my orders. Someday, maybe this will change.

PS, If you choose Modern low price of $16 to submit this rare eagle, it is only insured to $300 and takes a while longer. Those gun safes won't help much if someone grabs your #00001 signed Ryder certificate PR70 coin in the mail, you will get $300 max. when it is mysteriously lost. Think of the paranoia.

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 7:13AM

@Goldminers said:
    I keep sending them back a few of the white, yellow, pink, and gold paper forms that they keep sending me in all my orders. Someday, maybe this will change.

PS, If you choose Modern low price of $16 to submit this rare eagle, it is only insured to $300 and takes a while longer. Those gun safes won't help much if someone grabs your #00001 signed Ryder certificate PR70 coin in the mail, you will get $300 max. when it is mysteriously lost. Think of the paranoia.

Good point but to late already sent it off and I Trust PCGS!

• Options

I was just filling out my submission form and was thinking, I am the only one who thinks its nuts that in this day in age were sending off our credit card info in the mail so if a package is stolen the theif also has our CC info?

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:
    I was just filling out my submission form and was thinking, I am the only one who thinks its nuts that in this day in age were sending off our credit card info in the mail so if a package is stolen the theif also has our CC info?

There is another way, “CCOF,” speak to CS about it.

I do not put any payment info on the form.

• Options
    coinnoob782coinnoob782 Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019 11:41AM

@Hemispherical said:

@coinnoob782 said:

lol, im a dummy. Between my aweful vision and tiny CCOF on the sheet i didnt notice it. I just join and payed for my subscription so i guess i just need to call and have them put my # on file.
    Thanks

• Options
    edited November 20, 2019 8:24PM

@Hemispherical said:

@coinnoob782 said:

OMG 😮 I never thought of that I always think everyone is good. I always put my credit card on the forms. I better call them when they start on mine and tell them to put it on file for the next time. :(

• Options

Here are some pictures that were on EBay ( not mine ). but they look like good final picture of how these might look. I think I wanted the Gold seal on mine. I should call them to verify before they start grading.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does PCGS return the box, holder and capsule when submitted for grading in an unopened box?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

The COA holder should share the same PCGS cert# as well as the COA number.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@thebigeng said:
    Does PCGS return the box, holder and capsule when submitted for grading in an unopened box?

Yes, write on the submission form to return them as you typed. It is free.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@thebigeng said:

Yes, write on the submission form to return them as you typed. It is free.

It seems with this latest U.S. Mint event the coin is practically an afterthought.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2019 8:27PM

If you're thinking about submitting a sealed box through an authorized PCGS dealer, how do you know the coin you submit is the one you get back? What is the mechanism so the dealer doesn't submit four and then say: sorry, yours came back 69? I'm sure there must be a procedure for this. Thanks

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2019 11:10PM

@philographer said:
    If you're thinking about submitting a sealed box through an authorized PCGS dealer, how do you know the coin you submit is the one you get back? What is the mechanism so the dealer doesn't submit four and then say: sorry, yours came back 69? I'm sure there must be a procedure for this. Thanks

Good question maybe tomorrow I will call them and see if they keep all the recordings maybe make me a tape of when they start on mine. I am sure they are ALL under some surveillance. At least that will keep the grader honest unless that make him mad 😡 at me and then he gives me a 68 as punishment

• Options

Trust?

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@philographer said:

Good question maybe tomorrow I will call them and see if they keep all the recordings maybe make me a tape of when they start on mine. I am sure they are ALL under some surveillance. At least that will keep the grader honest unless that make him mad 😡 at me and then he gives me a 68 as punishment

Sorry, that is not what I'm asking or implying. When an authorized dealer submits more than one boxed set, how do they differentiate my box with my coin vs. another customer's box and coin? Otherwise they get back 2 70's and 2 69's -- whose coin is whose?

There should be a way so that I know the coin I get back is from my submission. Is there a process I should make sure is followed when I bring my coin to an authorized dealer?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

I saw this video a while back that seems to explain the process.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NcJax7xJhv0

• Options

@philographer said:

@Gluggo said:

@philographer said:

Sorry, that is not what I'm asking or implying. When an authorized dealer submits more than one boxed set, how do they differentiate my box with my coin vs. another customer's box and coin? Otherwise they get back 2 70's and 2 69's -- whose coin is whose?

There should be a way so that I know the coin I get back is from my submission. Is there a process I should make sure is followed when I bring my coin to an authorized dealer?

If the submission form line number is correlated with the submitted item then it should not be a problem. This presumes that the sealed box is labeled with the submission line number. If not, then... :o

The only other way to guarantee a match up is one submission form to one item.

• Options
    edited November 25, 2019 9:23PM

Here is a picture of NGC’s COA final. I think I like PCGS better.

• Options
    coinnoob782coinnoob782 Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November 25, 2019 10:37PM

NGC's is pretty much a plastic sleeve offering little protection. I like the PCGS better too. I would rather print off a card with the inside details if i want them. Ideally it would have been better to slab it open but i understand it would be a big slab. I beleive in the end the PCGS versions with matching number slabbed COAs will be worth more than these plastic sleeve version.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2019 8:39AM

Coming right along now going to grading. 😀

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@engmtic said:

I only found it on the manual submission form, so I used that one.

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:

@engmtic said:

I only found it on the manual submission form, so I used that one.

Also, the manual form has the option for the Express service level of 5 days. I did not see that on the online submission from either.

• Options

Do you have to wait until you get your coins back from PCGS to know what the COA number is?

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Do you have to wait until you get your coins back from PCGS to know what the COA number is?

I have this same question, at what point are you informed of COA number?

Also, what is the point of first strike for this issue? Any that are submitted for COA also meet the first strike requirement so it seems redundant here. I did not opt for FS on my submission form.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the grading fee for the CoA supposed to be $15 flat, or is it $15 plus the tier fee as if it was a graded coin?

e.g. I submit on express tier for $65 to grade the coin.

So is the cost $65 for coin plus $15 for the certificate slabbing ($80 total plus shipping/handling)
    or
    is the cost $65 for coin plus $15 for the certificate plus another $65 for something else on express level submission? ($145 plus shipping/handling)

I could see the submission guidelines being interpreted either way.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Is the grading fee for the CoA supposed to be $15 flat, or is it $15 plus the tier fee as if it was a graded coin?

e.g. I submit on express tier for $65 to grade the coin.

So is the cost $65 for coin plus $15 for the certificate slabbing ($80 total plus shipping/handling)
    or
    is the cost $65 for coin plus $15 for the certificate plus another $65 for something else on express level submission? ($145 plus shipping/handling)

I could see the submission guidelines being interpreted either way.

The way I filled my submission form out, the total was $87.(oof)
    $35 for regular service tier
    $5 for secure
    $15 for COA
    $10 handling
    $22 return shipping @$1k declared value

• Options

I really like the new offering. So much so that i took my Silver Eagle from the mint stand over to PCGS right away. I can't wait to get it back!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinnoob782 said:
    I saw this video a while back that seems to explain the process.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NcJax7xJhv0

Wow. I can't believe that coins are certified by second and third graders. So you think you're smarter than a second grader? ;)

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Also, what is the point of first strike for this issue? Any that are submitted for COA also meet the first strike requirement so it seems redundant here. I did not opt for FS on my submission form.

Probably when you get it back in the mail. The only number I can see getting back before the physical item is the PCGS certification number of the coin. The mint COA is only being encapsulated it’s not getting a PCGS cert #.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@ChrisH821 said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Probably when you get it back in the mail. The only number I can see getting back before the physical item is the PCGS certification number of the coin. The mint COA is only being encapsulated it’s not getting a PCGS cert #.

CoA number is available as soon as you can click the cert number on the site after grading.

You can click the cert number for the coin to see the COA.
    You can also click the cert number for the COA (yes, they assign one.)

Pics...

• Options

@Tetromibi said:

@Hemispherical said:

@ChrisH821 said:

@kimber45ACP said:

CoA number is available as soon as you can click the cert number on the site after grading.

You can click the cert number for the coin to see the COA.
    You can also click the cert number for the COA (yes, they assign one.)

Pics...

That’s good to know! The press release did not mention the cert for the cert.

• Options

@philographer said:

@Gluggo said:

@philographer said:

@philographer said:

@Gluggo said:

@philographer said:

@philographer said:

@Gluggo said:

@philographer said:

• Options

This 2019-S Rev Proof is my first coin ever to be graded. First i had to decide to join PCGS or NGC after seeing the way NGC COA is in only a cheap bill holder, I am so glad I became a PCGS member. Their idea of putting COA in a coin type slab to match coin is far superior. I have always liked PCGS coins and think they add value compared to others. I hope to get my only coin back as a 70 and possibly use PCGS for many coins in Future.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would have preferred to do without the label on the COA and have them slabbed in coin-size holders.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home Run Hall would be proud.... I think. Well, I sent mine in, anyway.

• Options
    edited December 2, 2019 12:37PM

Friday 11/29/2919 I called today got a recoding to call back Monday out for the holidays. I was going to ask for the SF Label. ;)

Here is a different label from PCGS SanFrancisco Label I am sure Only / Reserved for Dealers but would not hurt to ask. I am going to call this morning sometimes they will let you have the special labels. (Those that hate labels this message is not for you) >:) The dealer Pinehurst had these.

Update 12-2-2019
    These are special labels reserved for the Dealer who requested them. So I will not be able to get this label, but I sort of suspected this.

• Options

If you use a dealer that is sending more then one of these coins, you should get the Line number for your coin before it ships out then coin will match line item

• Options
    edited December 1, 2019 2:25PM

@W99 said:
    If you use a dealer that is sending more then one of these coins, you should get the Line number for your coin before it ships out then coin will match line item

Good point thank you. Welcome to the board! :)

I asked a few if they would sell them to me at Mint price $70.00 they told me no! :(

• Options

Well it’s now moved onto “ ENCAPSULATION “. So she is coming right along.

• Options

Gluggo, Mine is sitting there right next to yours being imaged and encapsulated.

It is like the $5,000 lottery where you get a 1 in 300 chance to win and you have no idea until you have the golden certificate.

• Options
    edited December 3, 2019 9:26PM

Just went into Quality Check hopefully wont be long now! Baby needs a new pair of shoes! :p

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Can someone help me out, how would the free grading certificates work on this coin, and how many of the services would they cover, I assume only the $30 regular fee and then secure and first strike and all that are extra? Thanks.

• Options
    edited December 3, 2019 6:26PM

@Dollar2007 said:
    Can someone help me out, how would the free grading certificates work on this coin, and how many of the services would they cover, I assume only the $30 regular fee and then secure and first strike and all that are extra? Thanks.

If I were you tomorrow I would CALL PCGS CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU HAVE A TECHNICAL QUESTION.

(800) 447-8848 PCGS

Thank You for coming have a nice day! o:)

• Options

Can someone explain to me what the advantage of a first strike label is?

• Options
    edited December 4, 2019 3:18PM

;> @ChrisH821 said:

Can someone explain to me what the advantage of a first strike label is?

It is better than a third strike label. ;)

• Options

.> @Gluggo said:

Just went into Quality Check hopefully wont be long now!

Good luck. They posted a lot of 69's today. My high hopes have just been dashed, as I was just sent a PR69 email by our hosts. Sort of sad as I have them all in 70 including the 1995 and actually just wanted to have it in my long term collection and not flip, but as usual, I get coal in my stocking for Christmas. :'(

• Options
    edited December 5, 2019 11:23PM

@Goldminers said:

.> @Gluggo said:

Just went into Quality Check hopefully wont be long now!

Good luck. They posted a lot of 69's today. My high hopes have just been dashed, as I was just sent a PR69 email by our hosts. Sort of sad as I have them all in 70 including the 1995 and actually just wanted to have it in my long term collection and not flip, but as usual, I get coal in my stocking for Christmas. :'(

Sorry Goldminer but it still might come back signed! :D what’s really amazing is that 69 is worth a few K in EBay land. Even if I get a 69 it’s going to EBay Auction. I am having a True View shot so I will always have a view of it in my Digital world.

Seems slow on them getting it out of Quality Control maybe their ALL TRYING TO GET THEIR PICTURES TAKEN WITH THE #001 SIGNED CERT!!!!! ;)

I should get a update today Thursday at least hoping for a SHIPPED!
    Nope now we’re 72 hours in Quality Control :(

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

I think mine is done grading but I'm too scared to look. Gonna go old school and wait for it to ship to me to force me to open it (but I will have my eyes closed :smile: )

Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file