Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

November to Remember card acquisitions: what's new with you?

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:

Is this new that they are putting the /100 on the slabs? I would like if they did it for serial numbered cards, but I don't recall seeing that before.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@UFFDAH said:

Is this new that they are putting the /100 on the slabs? I would like if they did it for serial numbered cards, but I don't recall seeing that before.

That struck me as odd too. Based on the packaging, that parallel should be "Ultimate Collection".

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭

Every time I see that Sweetness have to wipe the drool off my shirt :)
    great pickups guys keep em coming !!

Earlier this week might have mentioned how incredibly difficult the 1997 Topps Chrome Football are to gem. "Bears" repeating. If you care for a challenge try gemming 1997 Topps Chrome Football cards. There are a total of 6302 cards that have been sent in . Of these a whopping 4596 cards ( 72.9%) got the Mint 9 grade and just 945 cards (15%) Gem Mint 10. The rest of the roughly 12% were Near Mt+ 8 or even lower

Also mentioned how beautiful the refractors were. Here's why below
    My brain tries not to think about how a Brady or Aaron rodgers would do with a good RB in house :s
    All Pop 1 items as is the Patterson Platinum Prominence which I know a certain Vikings collector may like to add to his PC

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call me crazy, hopeful or a homer but I have a really good feeling about this kid.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Went on a small baseball kick tonight and picked these up:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

A GROOVY 1975/76 Basketball Box full of potential including Archibald, Lanier, Havlicek, Jabbar, Walton, Jackson, Bradley, Hayes, Barry, Riley, Maravich, McAdoo, and Erving. ROOKIES include Jamaal Wilkes, Bobby Jones, Maurice Lucas and Moses Malone.

@UFFDAH said:
    A GROOVY 1975/76 Basketball Box full of potential including Archibald, Lanier, Havlicek, Jabbar, Walton, Jackson, Bradley, Hayes, Barry, Riley, Maravich, McAdoo, and Erving. ROOKIES include Jamaal Wilkes, Bobby Jones, Maurice Lucas and Moses Malone.

Nice!

W.C.Fields
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been trying to stock up on some affordable Tom Brady rookies. He is my long time favorite player. All of his cards just seem to be going up and up in recent years. I'm assuming even bigger gains when he eventually retires (and maybe wins another couple Super Bowls).

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that ‘65 Mays. Nice pick-up.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Back from PSA Auto Grading!!

Consecutive PSA Cert Numbers to boot for the pair!!

The force is strong with these two...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

This card has a pretty cool story. It is part of a set of cards offered by the Scottish Football Museum in partnership with Alzheimer Scotland to assist dementia patients. The volunteers that identify dementia patients interested in football use the cards in discussions with the patients in order to stimulate memories.

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

my 3rd Ivan Rodriguez RC.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

@MLBdays said:
    @1951WheatiesPremium ........and also with you.

I’m not sure what this means.

But - to clear the record - I am and always have been a Han Solo guy.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@UFFDAH said:
    Back from PSA Auto Grading!!

Consecutive PSA Cert Numbers to boot for the pair!!

The force is strong with these two...

Now on to their kids?

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couple of 1990 Canadian Fleers. Haven't researched this set much, whats the story with these print run wise? And waited to long to finally get a 89 Fleer Update Deion. Lesson learned.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Canadian Dewey!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, a Tiger auto is epic!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@galaxy27 said:
    "i remember going into it with plan A, B, C, D, or E. turns out, plan Q got it done."

One of my favorite golf quotes ever perfectly coincides with this!

“The scorecard doesnt show ya how it got done”

Congrats!

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    haven't been this stoked in a while. i normally derive the greatest sense of gratification from autographs i'm able to obtain myself, but certain golfers -- like Mr. Woods -- are the most arduous of tasks.............now. the 1990s proved to be a slightly different story, however. still difficult, yet doable. unfortunately for me, i wasn't a graph hound back then. but fortunately for me, i have an acquaintance who was. after a brief negotiating session, he graciously parted ways with this ANGC scorecard with a late-90s Tiger sig on it. it's accompanied by a JSA loa, but that means far, far less to me than actually knowing the individual who did the deed and the supplementary backstory that comes with it. i asked him how he managed to clear this high hurdle, and his response was pretty classic:

"i remember going into it with plan A, B, C, D, or E. turns out, plan Q got it done."

Great story. Tiger auto is as good as it gets. Congrats.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yelich ROOKIE pickup back from Auto Grading.

Limited to 15 and a POP 1 Double 10.

edited November 14, 2019 10:35AM

Love the Yelich and camo versions!

And it’s MVP day. Best of luck, guys.

Today's mail.
    Card #58 for the set.

Card #4 for rookie set.

The playmaker.

• MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Love the odd cards

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

grabbed this today at my fav 2nd hand shop . signed gordie howe book

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

AP Wire Photo of Joe Louis being measured for his display at a wax museum. I have always LOVED wax museums. In this photo he is being measured so they will know what size his wax figure should be. This was just too cool to pass up. Yes, I remember when I was young, my pawpappy sat me on his knee, and said son, today we're going to a wax museum.

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I added some cards to my 1970 Topps HOF set and upgraded one in my 1961 MVP subset.
    James

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

More stuff slightly off the beaten path. Original program and ticket stub from an international between England and Scotland. The match was the first international of the footballer whose memory card I shared in this thread about ten or so posts prior to this one.

Highlights of the game can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnseiqGf0Hg

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added these 2 to my HOF Rookie set.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dad2cl3 said:
    More stuff slightly off the beaten path. Original program and ticket stub from an international between England and Scotland. The match was the first international of the footballer whose memory card I shared in this thread about ten or so posts prior to this one.

Slightly (or more than slightly) off the beaten path is strongly encouraged here. One can only look at so many 1990 Fleer Jose Uribes.

a couple of cards added.

edited November 20, 2019 9:09AM

This is a nice addition for my 1998 NY Yankees Rookies Set. I have thoroughly enjoyed putting this together as I have vivid memories of this team and you can make the case that this is the greatest baseball team of all time. This guy was a big pickup when the Yankees landed him with a solid glove and lead off pedigree. Scrappy and speedy and good with the glove, at least initially.

1990 Bowman #415 Chuck Knoblauch

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been in a Slammin' Sammy kinda mood recently, a couple relic pickups ...