Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

10% eBay bucks...

Good for 48 hours. Got it this morning...

Just a heads up...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

no dice for my buyer account...

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it, should offset the tax on some snipes I already had scheduled at least.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and I can certainly use the 10%. I was playing basketball with a group of neighborhood elementary school kids (and dominating against them as usual) when all of a sudden, the bottom of my Mitchell Johnson (imitation Michael Jordan) shoes ripped off. I will need to replace them with a new pair of Mitchell Johnsons from Ebay as soon as possible.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it. I was keeping my eBay bucks until the last minute, hoping for a bucks offer. Now I can justify a purchase with this BS tax.

Andy

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

At least it will pay for the taxes. Oh well.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

Done and used.
    kevin

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Had to use up the rest of my bucks from last quarter before they expire and take advantage of the 10%.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019 6:43AM

Another 10% eBay Bucks promotion hit this morning, 11/4. Good through 11/5,11:59 P.M. PT. The 10% is only through the app, 6% everywhere else. No minimum purchase.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭

I got a question. Do I have to bid through the app to get 10% or do I just have to pay through the app? I want to use a snipe tool to bid and wasn't sure if I could still get the 10%.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay through app as far as I know. All about the checkout as that is where when it’s applied.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

you have to bid and pay both on the app to get the 10 percent

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope another Ebay bucks offer comes through soon. In order to save money for cards, I have had to cut out all use of lights in my home. It's very difficult to see in the dark, and I have kissed the family cat twice, thinking it was my wife.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:

This is not correct. You can bid on your computer and pay using the app. That is how I always do it.
    James

• Options

Thank you very much for the clarification.

@jfkheat said:

@coinpalice said:

This is not correct. You can bid on your computer and pay using the app. That is how I always do it.
    James

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

Received another eBay bucks offer this morning.

• Options
    tulsaboytulsaboy Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

I wonder if they are having some struggles with sales now that they have started charging state sales taxes? There seems to have been an increase in the number of these offers. Think they are trying to offset the taxes? In OK, with 8.517% as my local sales tax, a 10% promo simply offsets my sales taxes. So I have been waiting for a promo if I can just to slow down the increase in prices.
    kevin

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Works for me, ty for the heads up

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I got the 10% ebay bucks and also $15 off if using the app. I think it is invite only, but feel free to try the code.

• Options

I got the $15 off in-app purchases as well.

>

• Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/3z/kgfhmzo0dz36.png

Has anyone been able to get this promo to work? I got the invite just yesterday but I get a not recognized code when trying to use it

Also just got a 10% bucks and was hoping to stack

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 10% app and 5% on the site. I don't use the app....maybe I should think about it.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Got them both!

• Options

Have any of you tried to use the $15 off promo? I got the email yesterday and tried it last night. It wouldn't work. I tried again today with the same results. I called eBay twice about it. The first guy told me that he couldn't see where I received the email and that I shouldn't have. I told him I was looking at it. He questioned weather it came from a friend and or eBay. I assured him that it came from eBay as the email address I use for eBay is only used for eBay. He put me on hold and talked with someone with eBay that deals with promos. He came back and told me that I should have never received that email and there was nothing he could/would do. I hung up on him. Once I thought about it for a few minutes I decided to call back. The second guy was a lot more helpful. He had had other calls about the same issue. He spoke with the promo department again and came back to tell me that I would be added and another email sent out but it may take until tomorrow before it happened. About 10-15 minutes later I received a phone call from the second guy to tell me that I had been added and they sent me an email with a special code to use. I used it a few minutes after we got off the phone

• Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

Thanks jfk. That’s my situation so I guess I need to call

• Options

10 percent eBay Bucks in the app, 8 percent everywhere else. $25 minimum purchase, through 11/26 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up . Bought some cards for my brother for Christmas and took advantage.

• Options

@jfkheat said:
    Have any of you tried to use the $15 off promo? I got the email yesterday and tried it last night. It wouldn't work. I tried again today with the same results. I called eBay twice about it. The first guy told me that he couldn't see where I received the email and that I shouldn't have. I told him I was looking at it. He questioned weather it came from a friend and or eBay. I assured him that it came from eBay as the email address I use for eBay is only used for eBay. He put me on hold and talked with someone with eBay that deals with promos. He came back and told me that I should have never received that email and there was nothing he could/would do. I hung up on him. Once I thought about it for a few minutes I decided to call back. The second guy was a lot more helpful. He had had other calls about the same issue. He spoke with the promo department again and came back to tell me that I would be added and another email sent out but it may take until tomorrow before it happened. About 10-15 minutes later I received a phone call from the second guy to tell me that I had been added and they sent me an email with a special code to use. I used it a few minutes after we got off the phone

expired

• Options

Got it.

Andy

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@jfkheat said:

expired

The one they sent me expires next month but it was a one time use code. I used it the day I got it. Two days ago I received the email below giving me a 10% off code.

Hello,

We recently issued an incorrect coupon due to a technical error. We’re sorry for any confusion this might have caused. You were meant to receive a personalized offer of 10% off your next purchase, up to a maximum discount of $20.

Simply use this code at checkout: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Options

Received an eBay Bucks offer this morning for 10 percent, no minimum purchase, through 12/19.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Got it as well $$$

• Options

After buying 3 cards this morning I noticed that I received the Bucks email. I just got off the phone with eBay. They are going to give me the Bucks for the purchases I made before noticing that I had receiving the promotional email.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

got it!! this has been a very expensive december

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

Got it as well. As if Black Friday BBCE didn’t go deep enough into the wallet. This one will be fully leveraged.

Was hoping for an elusive discount coupon for year end but am skeptical they will return anytime soon.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

As far as I know you don't have to use the app for the 10%.

PackManInNC
  • Options

@mexpo75 said:
    As far as I know you don't have to use the app for the 10%.

That is correct

• Options

Got it. Now if they could just do a 10% bucks plus a throwback no tax day, I'd be happy as a ....

Andy

• Options
    edited December 18, 2019 1:16PM

Thanks for the heads up. This is nice because sales tax hits my state on EBay in January. Bought a few more cards before the increase.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't spend as much as I use to. In fact I have let many eBay bucks and other offers expire. Thank you New York State tax.

• Options

@pab1969 said:
    I don't spend as much as I use to. In fact I have let many eBay bucks and other offers expire. Thank you New York State tax.

Same here. I've become excruciatingly picky about what I buy on eBay. I'm sure I'll eventually get over it and forget what it was like buying pre-tax. But, for now, the sting still stings.

Andy

• Options

Just a quick questions here about the sales tax. I was under the impression that the tax on purchases was only applied if you live in a state that charges internet sales tax. I live in Illinois and it hasn't come into effect yet. None of my card purchases get taxed but I have a case of Card Savers in my cart but when I go to check out, it is adding sales tax. Can anyone explain why?

• Options

@pab1969 said:

me tooo

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    Just a quick questions here about the sales tax. I was under the impression that the tax on purchases was only applied if you live in a state that charges internet sales tax. I live in Illinois and it hasn't come into effect yet. None of my card purchases get taxed but I have a case of Card Savers in my cart but when I go to check out, it is adding sales tax. Can anyone explain why?

Illinois kicks in 1/1/20.

• Options

@brad31 said:

Illinois kicks in 1/1/20.

Right, and that's why I don't understand why when I order from Columbia Sportscards it adds tax!?!?

• Options

I was kind of agreeing with you. They should not be charging yet. I bought a half a dozen cards yesterday with different sellers and none of them added sales tax.

• Options
    edited December 19, 2019 9:37AM

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

I'm guessing that the card savers seller is a retailer in Illinois. They have always had to charge sales tax for buyers in Illinois.

>

• Options

@dontippet said:

I'm guessing that the card savers seller is a retailer in Illinois. They have always had to charge sales tax for buyers in Illinois.

Unless they have a tax id in the state or something that I don't know of. They are listed and they are shipped from Vancouver, WA.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Wonder if the 10/15/20% off deals they had last year were too big of a profit loser for them like they used to have. They haven't done one of those in a long while.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!