Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

After years of wanting a nice COB, I found a collection that had this!

For years I wanted a nice COB but thought 99% of them were/are ugly...and I wanted a date + mint mark visible...which can be hard to find. So a couple months ago, I purchase a collection of coins apparently put away and not touched since the 1970s. Included in that was something I had never seen before: a custom cut Capital Plastics holder with a complete 1/2R to 8R cob set from Potosi! Amazingly, the coins are in amazing shape and dates + mint marks visible on at least 4 of them. Have any of you seen custom made Capital Plastics holders like this?

Wish it was Mexico mint...but after so many years of wanting a single COB, I now have a full set of nice examples and it will live on my desk for years :smile:

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow very nice

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calico had a Mexican royal with the typical hole maybe five years ago but it was a real nice one, AU with good color. I wish I had bought it.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

THAT is super cool.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can almost see the guy with the coping saw cutting along the trace lines. Very nice group and display. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

That is SUPER COOL!

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    THAT is super cool.

Yes it is !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an awesome set man congrats! If you ever get bored of it let me know ;)

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool display too!

• Options
    ChopmarkedTradesChopmarkedTrades Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, clearly custom fitted to each coin as well.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool! Congrats. :)

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is beyond cool!

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see the image yesterday. The set is nicely presented and the quality is definitely much better than normally seen.

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just awesome, great find!

• Options
    Crazy8sCrazy8s Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Beautiful set. I have seen a few capital plastics cases like this over the years and always thought they were amazing because they had to be custom fitted to the coins. Nice score.