Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Share with us a low pop. card 1 of 5 or less:

Comments

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

1998 Donruss
    A number of additional Crusade cards were produced by Donruss for future 1998 and 1999 baseball card sets, but were never officially released due to the bankruptcy of Pinnacle Brands. All players in the Crusade set were to have two styles for all three colors: a "base" and "Call to Arms" (CTA) subset. However, the 2nd style for many players were never officially released due to the bankruptcy.
    For example, the Ken Griffey, Jr. CTA card pictured was one of these unreleased cards that emerged on the secondary market after the bankruptcy - because Griffey, Jr. had a "base" Crusade that was officially released, his CTA subset was to be featured in sets that were never officially released.
    Unlike the cards that were inserted into packs, all cards from the unreleased CTA subset are sequentially-numbered. None of the cards, however, are serial-numbered. Many collectors believe that one copy of the red and purple and two copies of the green of each player from this unreleased portion of the set were produced.
    Because of the popularity of the Crusade set in general and potential rarity of the unreleased Crusades specifically, these command also strong premiums in the secondary sales market over the pack-issued Crusades.
    These cards are sequentially-numbered beginning at #131
    Only Green I Know of, of Griffey

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pop 4

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

1950s Svart-Vita OS Sportserien Joe Louis / Floyd Patterson. Total pop 3 none higher. Tough card to locate. Big thanks to Greg for making it possible.

• Options
    JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2019 9:02PM

Pop 1

-Collecting anything vintage
  • Options

2005 Turkey Red
    Turkey Suede numbered one of one.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

@markj111 said:
    One of 1. None higher. Submitted it myself.

Wow, awesome!

And how cool is that Bolt card??

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt this one ever hits a pop of 5 and unless they change the grading standards the staple holes should keep the max grade at 1 ...

Jumbos rock, but I need a bigger scanner bed.

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently graded. These are the rare "straight line" variation on the back.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    I doubt this one ever hits a pop of 5 and unless they change the grading standards the staple holes should keep the max grade at 1 ...

Hi, check out my photostamps picture that I posted. They have staple holes but PSA graded them a PSA 5.

• Options

@redlegs said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Hi, check out my photostamps picture that I posted. They have staple holes but PSA graded them a PSA 5.

I saw that when you posted the Bench previously in the Set Reg forum and as nice as those are, I personally disagree with assigning them grades above a 1. PSA now has pics of how these were issued (after initially getting declined when attempting to add as a unique item for Reg sets), so maybe it will change for these also, but I would actually prefer if the max on sheets with staple holes is 1 to align with card grading standards. One man (he, him, his)'s opinion.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    @markj111 ..As a hand cut ~ How does it NOT come back trimmed

All the 62 Post Cereal cards are hand cut, except for the Mantle/Maris inserts. Not sure I understand the question.

• Options

Awesome Mookie!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

2006 Finest
    White Framed X-Fractor (one-of-one)

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@redlegs said:

@LarkinCollector said:

I saw that when you posted the Bench previously in the Set Reg forum and as nice as those are, I personally disagree with assigning them grades above a 1. PSA now has pics of how these were issued (after initially getting declined when attempting to add as a unique item for Reg sets), so maybe it will change for these also, but I would actually prefer if the max on sheets with staple holes is 1 to align with card grading standards. One man (he, him, his)'s opinion.

I don't mind PSA taking into consideration how an item was issued into the grading process they just need to be consistent. For the 1975 Hostess panels that have factory folds a the bottom (smaller Ho Hos boxes) the max they will grade them is a PSA 5. I had never sent it an item with a staple hole but I did supply PSA with plenty of documentation on how the item was issued. I was still surprised with the PSA 5 grade.

• Options

@redlegs said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@redlegs said:

@LarkinCollector said:

I don't mind PSA taking into consideration how an item was issued into the grading process they just need to be consistent. For the 1975 Hostess panels that have factory folds a the bottom (smaller Ho Hos boxes) the max they will grade them is a PSA 5. I had never sent it an item with a staple hole but I did supply PSA with plenty of documentation on how the item was issued. I was still surprised with the PSA 5 grade.

Amen.

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

POP 2 Four higher...YUUUUUP!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

1999 Ultimate Victory
    Ultimate Victory Collection (one-of-one).

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are some foreign issued low pop MJ stickers.
    The left one is a pop 3,none higher. Then on the right is a pop 2,none higher.

These next four from the same set are all pop 3 or less.

Then from the 88 Basket 16 Spanish set:
    Number 11 on the left is a pop 2,none higher and number 12 on right is the only to be graded to this point.

And these last two from the same set each have a population of 2,none higher.

• Options
    stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WalkinDude said:
    Pop. 3 (1 of 3) - found on ebay, Self-subbed.

Holy schmoley. That is awesome!

• Options
    edited October 28, 2019 9:27PM

2005 Topps Rookie Cup
    Chrome Gold Refractor Reprints (one-of-one)

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Larkin, that Didrikson is a jawdropper!! Gonna have to read up on that set. What's bringing it down to a 4?

• Options
    edited October 29, 2019 7:29AM

@thehallmark said:
    Larkin, that Didrikson is a jawdropper!! Gonna have to read up on that set. What's bringing it down to a 4?

Thanks! There's a small crease across the top right corner and an indentation on the bottom border on the front. The inner liner hides these flaws pretty well, but it was expected, being sold as VG-EX raw ;) If you find more about the set, I'd love to hear it. It's one I just liked and didn't really do any research on it.

ETA: It's the same image used on her 2012 Panini Golden Age cards and the B&W photo it's based on is used for the 96 UD & Collect-A-Card Olympic sets, probably some others too.

• Options
    djy2500djy2500 Posts: 42 ✭✭

Pop:1

• Options
    djy2500djy2500 Posts: 42 ✭✭

Disregard the living Flaherty and arenado... selected on accident

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I believe this is the only one graded.

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options

2009 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary

• Options

1998 Score Rookie/Traded 1/1

• Options

Pop 1, only 3 higher.

Yaz Master Set

• Options

2000 Upper Deck Legends
    Commemorative Collection Gold (one-of-one)

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019 6:23AM

This entire set minus two cards in the set with a POP > 5 mostly because I’m the only fool collecting and grading them lol

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 6:17PM

• Options
    edited November 12, 2019 6:19PM

Pop 1. So far at least.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:
    Pop 1. So far at least.

Welcome back.

• Options

Dude.. it was weird. I was sucked down to the darkest depths of Mordor. Like a good Balrog, have survived to live another day.