Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dansco is back working ( UPDATED INFO )

WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 22, 2020 1:59PM in U.S. Coin Forum

For those of us who use the Dansco albums, they are back in production as of 10/15/2019. I'm sure it will be awhile before they get caught up on inventory.

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WALLE said:
    For those of us who use the Dansco albums, they are back in production as of 10/15/2019. I'm sure it will be awhile before they get caught up on inventory.

Thanks for the update @WALLE.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

How long were they off-line?

• Options

@Exbrit said:

Back on 6/21 they said they were moving to Washington State, and it would be 3 to 4 months before they would be back in operation.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good, hope they create an Album for the Innovation dollars. Have them in flips waiting.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good news for album collectors....a really great way to build a collection. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Bullet01Bullet01 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Maybe with this whole business move, they can actually create a website now. :D

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

Or a new 7070

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's welcome news and im glad to hear it

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WALLE said:

@Exbrit said:

Back on 6/21 they said they were moving to Washington State, and it would be 3 to 4 months before they would be back in operation.

Do you know WHERE at in Washington State they moved? Just curious.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 10:58AM

@Bochiman said:
    Do you know WHERE at in Washington State they moved? Just curious.....

They have no web presence, but it looks like Sumas, WA, based on this page.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

315 Cherry St - Sumas, WA

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting location. Tiny little town literally right on the Canadian border. I remember IGA stores in the South when I was growing up.

• Options

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

Physical Address: Mailing Address:
    315 Cherry Street PO Box 279
    Sumas WA 98295 Sumas, WA 98295
    PHONE: 360-988-2811 • FAX: 360-988-2884
    Danscocorp@aol.com
    QUALITY COIN ALBUMS SINCE 1937

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a dismal looking building!

@1630Boston said:

• Options

Just waiting for the ATB ( S ) quarter pages, and the Innovation album and I'm all set.

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@1630Boston said:

I was going to say something similar but not as pleasant 😏

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

Perhaps, but do you want part of the cost of your albums to pay for a factory, warehouse, and shipping/receiving dock that looks like The Bellagio? Besides, it looks like this is a move up from their LA digs.

I'm sure they'll remodel as necessary.

• Options

I like that building better and I'm way past Danscos! :p

@messydesk said:

@amwldcoin said:

Perhaps, but do you want part of the cost of your albums to pay for a factory, warehouse, and shipping/receiving dock that looks like The Bellagio? Besides, it looks like this is a move up from their LA digs.

• Options

@nencoin said:
    Interesting location. Tiny little town literally right on the Canadian border. I remember IGA stores in the South when I was growing up.

Yeah....I know A LOT of the towns in the state but had never heard of that one....small town, indeed.
    Quick escape to Canada.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@messydesk said:

@amwldcoin said:

Probably paying <1/10000 of what they paid in LA.....too bad that they moved to WA State thinking the state of California was against small businesses.....Washington State is getting close to that way in many locations as well :(

I wish them the best of luck up here. Their $ will go a lot further in that area than it did down south and maybe they will be able to add a few things to their list that didn't make sense with their costs down south.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 6:16PM

Pretty common for towns of under 1500 to not have former grocery stores that look like ex: Whole Foods.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Really surprised that they still have no web presence. I guess it works just fine for them.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

@messydesk Before I get slammed for my comment, I would like to say. Being self-employed for all but a few years of my life, I say Cudos to Dansco and am happy they are able to be successful in our hobby! Being somewhat of a tightwad I truly admire their move. I always liked Danscos the best and some times question my move to plastic!

• Options

I found this info posted on www.coincommunity.com on 11-14-19 buy one of there members

I can let you all know that the doors are still closed as of November 14/19 .
    They have taken over an old office building at 315 Cherry Street in
    Sumas WA , about 50 yards south of the US Customs Office and Canada Border.
    I knocked on the door a couple of times in the last few weeks , no response .
    Heck the broken window on the side of the building ( boarded up since 2015)
    is still not fixed. Also I Left a business card in the door slot two weeks ago , still there!
    We are there twice a week doing our USA shipping from our Ebay and Etsy Stores .
    Will keep you all up to date if I see anything positive!

Updated 12-13-19
    A new update ..
    The Dansco guys seem to be getting serious . I was doing our USPS shipping this morning
    and stopped by on the way back .They have taken over the entire Old IGA grocery store as well
    as the little building that was attached to it .
    Renovations are well under way and stock is piled high on the racking .
    About four or five workers were inside . Looks like it is getting Close!

Updated 1-20-2020
    Will give you all a new update after I do our USPS shipping in Sumas .
    Tuesday sometime.
    As of last Thursday the place was completely dark no one inside .
    All the shipping containers that were in the parking lot are gone .
    More news by Wednesday morning!

Update as of yesterday 1-21-2020
    Update !
    This afternoon walked by looked inside .
    All new lighting overhead , all the racking done .
    Lots of stock on the racks .
    Doors still locked .
    Best I can do for now .

I hope this helps with those of us that use there albums.

• Options

Thanks for the updates, sometime progress takes time.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get those Innovation dollar albums created so I have a place to put them.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

@dbldie55 said:
    Get those Innovation dollar albums created so I have a place to put them.

You bet, I'm putting mine in 2x2 until then lol

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they get back into some of the world coin albums. Love to get a new Japan Type that has slots for 2 more Emperors.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a lot of respect for small business owners and extra cudos for a move to cut overhead. Slow and steady can win the day! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info @WALLE.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

that building already has their album cover color

they are also close enough to Canada they could cross border for Canada shipping to Canada

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@1630Boston said:

Old IGA grocery store!

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2020 1:55PM

There has been some flooding in Sumas recently - hope everything is OK for the Dansco people
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6501738/sumas-border-crossing-reopens/

[Edit to add photo in case link expires]

• Options
    OldGoldOldGold Posts: 41 ✭✭

I love my Danscos, one of the things that got me started on my Registry 7070!

OG
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope there are plans for the gold page for their 7070...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have spent 40 years in a "dismal" building and it paid for my house... lol

Who the heck is going to Washington State (or Los Angeles) to walk in and buy albums anyway?

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if they got production and distribution going before Covid?

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing NO. Alot of dealers are " out of stock " on Dansco products.

• Options

This is the latest from there website www.danscousa.com

January , 2021 UPDATE- We began production beginning October 19, 2020 with a small crew. It is taking time for the albums to reach the distributors and subsequently, the retail stores but we are manufacturing albums. Until we are able to hire a full workforce, we will be manufacturing at a slower pace. We are simply grateful to all of you, our loyal customers for your patience and for supporting American jobs, especially during these very challenging times. Stay healthy and be safe. -Dansco

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dansco albums have been such a great addition to numismatics, hopefully they will take the constructive criticism and update their albums to include additions from their last printing templates.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2022 4:00AM

It seems that a lot of Dansco albums are still out of stock everywhere that I have checked.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:
    I'm guessing NO. Alot of dealers are " out of stock " on Dansco products.

I don't see that many either, jmo

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that they posted this update is a good sign. I can't imagine the clean up and restoration of machinery to get up and running. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Russell12Russell12 Posts: 193 ✭✭✭✭

That update is over a year old, here is a new one from last November 2021:
    Our town of Sumas Washington has been devastated by a flood. We are working to go through all of our lost material, product etc. The cleanup is also going to take some time. It will easily be a couple of months before we begin to ship anything out. There are many in our town who are suffering from incredible losses in their homes as well. Please keep us in your prayers as we work through this very difficult situation. Check back with us in a couple of months. Thank you for understanding.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2022 5:50AM

Coming Soon!

Lincoln Cents Albums January 2022- 7100, 8100 and 7103 now available!
    Sacagawea 8182 Album Pages 4 and 5- March 2022
    Innovations Dollar Album P & D- May 2022 @dbldie55
    Innovations Dollar Proof Albums June 2022
    Innovations Dollar Date Set September 2022
    American Eagle Silver Dollar New Album- Fall 2022
    Liberty Seated Dimes Album #6122- Fall 2022

from

http://www.danscousa.com/?page_id=91

Their location in Sumas, WA is about 100 feet south of the US-Canada border!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file