Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Another incredible opportunity knocked... Last coin is up!

TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 14, 2019 8:10PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Another amazing deal done that kicks my primary Mexico milled portrait 8 Reales collection up a notch.

5 coins - I'll unscramble one every day to keep things interesting ;)

Coin #1: 1776 Mexico 8 Reales pedigreed to Archer M. Huntington Collection. A special date for anyone with appreciation for American history. I wonder if this coin had special meaning for Mr Huntington, as it does for many US coin collectors. PCGS AU58

Coin #2: 1786 Mexico 8 Reales that makes a well-matched pair with the first example, largely due to the fact that it spent about a century side-by-side with it at the Hispanic Society of America and later American Numismatic Society as part of the Archer M. Huntington Collection. PCGS MS62

Coin #3: 1787 Mexico 8 Reales. PCGS AU58. As you can probably tell by the patina, it's also a Huntington Collection coin. I feel truly lucky to be able to add these 3 as a group to the previously acquired 1785 8 Reales in MS63 from the same collection already in my set.

Coin #4: 1789 Mexico 8 Reales Carolus IV. Amazing color and displays PL qualities on the obverse periphery.

Coin #5: A nice original 1814 8 Reales in PCGS AU58. Slight bump to the AU53 example currently in the set and currently top grade for this year at PCGS. NGC has a 61 and a 62 with the latter having streaky toning and being in an older holder sold by Heritage in 2009 and now part of Robert Smith's set ATS.

Comments