Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question on current submission time

jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a package marked arrived at PCGS on 10/2 and it is still not marked as received or opened. Anyone else seeing these kinds of delays?

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I had a package marked arrived at PCGS on 10/2 and it is still not marked as received or opened. Anyone else seeing these kinds of delays?

My last three submissions, two in Sep and one in Oct (arrived 5 Oct) were in the system (grading) within 2-3 days of arrival. All modern tier.

Could it be the show(s) they have in Oct?

Have another enroute now, we shall see.

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last one took almost a week to go from arrived to in process.

Can take a while. And the clock doesn't start until it is in process. The good thing was the in process part was fast!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options

Thread in the QA forum, @BloodMan made a call to CS. He was told they are working 26-27 submissions.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1026741/time-from-package-receipt-until-being-entered

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 weeks is about standard amount of time. But you can make sure your package arrived safely by entering tracking # in the "Find My Package" tool posted above.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019 7:53AM

My last one took 4 or 5 business days from package arrived to being entered in the system. This delay should be considered in the turnaround times since it's sitting in their building.

My current one has been sitting there for 3 days.

10 days? That's unusual.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update?

Ken

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Mine was delivered on 9/30. It is in a pending status on the app today. This was the first update I had since its delivery.

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options

Still un-opened. Called today and they said packages are being held for up to 12 business days before even being opened right now.. yikes.

• Options

Did everyone go on vacation? Or that weekend show take everyone?

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

The dime special has them back logged?

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last submission took around two weeks after delivered to mark as received. My last two email to CS took two weeks each for a reply.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    The dime special has them back logged?

that is this quarters special ... the backlog is probably people like me who send in the last week of the quarter for the 'specials'.

they do say you should mark on the package what service level you are submitting, but I always forget.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have found on the last few submissions, time to get entered was a little slow, but once in, they went fast

• Options
    edited October 15, 2019 1:18AM

I must have been lucky because my last three (Sep/Oct) took 2-3 days after being picked up at the PO and entered in the system for grading.

Buuutttt, I now have one sitting in the PO for the last five days waiting for pickup. Holiday weekend, I guess.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

I shipped off some raw coins for grading just this morning....will report back later.

The last few submissions I sent in were turned around quickly.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2019 12:42PM

Did you label the service level on the box? My last one was logged in just a couple days after receipt. Mine was regular.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

Just checked the system and they were entered today! Arrived on the 2nd, entered today = 9 business days.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    I must have been lucky because my last three (Sep/Oct) took 2-3 days after being picked up at the PO and entered in the system for grading.

Buuutttt, I now have one sitting in the PO for the last five days waiting for pickup. Holiday weekend, I guess.

My package that arrived on Saturday was picked up this morning.

“Find My Package” indicates receipt.

Next step is the preparation for grading.

Then the long haul wait under grading.

So I am on par with my other submissions.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Just checked the system and they were entered today! Arrived on the 2nd, entered today = 9 business days.

Just out of curiosity, as PCGS requests did you mark the outside of the package with the service level? I wonder how much of a difference that makes.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@ms70 said:

@jwitten said:

Just out of curiosity, as PCGS requests did you mark the outside of the package with the service level? I wonder how much of a difference that makes.

I BELIEVE I did, but that was almost half a month ago, so I can't remember for sure :D

• Options
    Collect4funCollect4fun Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

I have package that arrived 9/30 and not marked received. Customer service requested I send them tracking info so they can confirm they’re in house.

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

I had one that arrived Oct 5th per USPS tracking, didn't show up in their system until yesterday (Oct 15th), which I've not had happen before. So just glad to see it finally get there.

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019 3:20PM

Package sent from Pittsburgh, Pa. on Oct 10th registered mail (Express GoldShield Reconsider)
    USPS indicates it arrived today (Oct 18)
    A check w/ PCGS says they in fact did receive it today (Oct 18)
    Received and logged into the system Oct 29

Will update when I hear anything.

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS received my 2 coin economy submission with variety attribution 9/30 according to post office tracking. I got email notice on 10/17

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2019 12:32PM

yeah its been taking a while to get them into "in process" but they have been grading them fairly quickly recently, in my experience.

I just sent them 46 coins so we will see!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

My current submission was received on 10/7.
    It was logged in today (10/21).

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

sadly, this appears to be the new "normal" and I can't understand why it is so. in the past there has been a lag-time of perhaps a day or two, but this current state of affairs really stretches the turn around times. overall, it doesn't bother me to a point because I would rather have my coins graded properly at whatever speed, however, it tends to hint to some sort of internal problem.

my thinking is that PCGS should get out in front of it with an announcement, but that is certainly there decision.

I have two medals shown as "delivered at 7:04 am on October 16, 2019 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658" and currently sitting somewhere in Limbo. I guess it is better than during shipment when it's between Cincinnatti and Denver for three days.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2019 5:42PM

they have a new line in your account page which is 'Find my Package'

if you put in your tracking number and they say if they got it (and still may take a few working days to enter into system)

https://pcgs.com/myaccount/packagefinder

• Options

my above referenced Order now shows as being entered into the system.

my question would be when does the clock start for the length of time it's taking for a submission??

• Options

@keets said:
    my above referenced Order now shows as being entered into the system.

my question would be when does the clock start for the length of time it's taking for a submission??

I don't think they start "their" timer until it is opened... but my timer is the one I care about, and it starts when it arrives at their door, lol.

• Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

What service level are you guys using? And does anyone think the online submission center does anything to speed the process up?

I have a regular service order going in and just use the paper submission form.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2019 10:53PM

@Kccoin said:
    What service level are you guys using? And does anyone think the online submission center does anything to speed the process up?

I have a regular service order going in and just use the paper submission form. I only use paper for quarterly special stuff, because I have to.

It doesn’t make a difference in my experience what kind of form you use. My regular I usually send along with some economy and they get logged in and “in process” about the same time.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options

What service level are you guys using?

Gold Shield Special Issues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file