Home Q & A Forum
Options

Time from package receipt until being entered

BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the typical time from package receipt at PCGS until being entered into the order system?

I sent a package that was received on Monday, September 30, and still has not been entered into the sytem.

Should i be worried or is this usual?

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BloodMan said:
    What is the typical time from package receipt at PCGS until being entered into the order system?

I sent a package that was received on Monday, September 30, and still has not been entered into the sytem.

Should i be worried or is this usual?

What did you write on the outside by your address?

If not entered by tomorrow; then give them a call. Might be an influx of packages and they are doing a show this week, I think.

• Options

It was a regular Gold Shield service level submission, but i didn't indicate anything on the outside of the package.

• Options

@BloodMan said:
    It was a regular Gold Shield service level submission, but i didn't indicate anything on the outside of the package.

Regular submission should have been opened by now, IMO, if you had written “Regular” somewhere. I usually write above and below the return address and somewhere else on the package.

—————

Scroll down to “shipping instructions.”

“Package securely and mark the outside of the package with the fastest service level you are sending....”

https://www.pcgs.com/submissionguide

• Options

Thanks @Hemispherical

I would have specified the service level if it had been Rarities, Walkthrough, or Express, but since it was Regular, I didn’t include it. I have never written “Regular” submission on the outside of the package in the past.

I sent the package via USPS Registered mail and it took 10 days to arrive. Now it has taken an additional 2 weeks (and counting) to be entered into the system. I don’t care how long it takes to grade, I just want to know that my coins arrived safely.

• Options

@BloodMan said:
    Thanks @Hemispherical

I would have specified the service level if it had been Rarities, Walkthrough, or Express, but since it was Regular, I didn’t include it. I have never written “Regular” submission on the outside of the package in the past.

I sent the package via USPS Registered mail and it took 10 days to arrive. Now it has taken an additional 2 weeks (and counting) to be entered into the system. I don’t care how long it takes to grade, I just want to know that my coins arrived safely.

I can fully understand. Did you use the “Find My Package” at PCGS it’ll show the date it was picked up from the PO.

On the App:

Or, online account instructions:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1015585/new-features-track-my-package-and-pending-orders

• Options

I have used these PCGS resources. My package was received on Sept 30, but it is not showing in the order system.

I called PCGS on Friday afternoon. They said that they are currently entering submissions from September 26-27. The customer service representative said they should get to my package sometime next week.

• Options

@BloodMan said:
    I have used these PCGS resources. My package was received on Sept 30, but it is not showing in the order system.

I called PCGS on Friday afternoon. They said that they are currently entering submissions from September 26-27. The customer service representative said they should get to my package sometime next week.

Thanks @BloodMan good to know there is a process.

• Options

OT.

Everyone needs a break sooner or later. Have safe and restful holiday weekend PCGS.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@BloodMan said:

Regular submission should have been opened by now, IMO, if you had written “Regular” somewhere. I usually write above and below the return address and somewhere else on the package.

—————

Scroll down to “shipping instructions.”

“Package securely and mark the outside of the package with the fastest service level you are sending...”

https://www.pcgs.com/submissionguide

I cannot believe I'm reading this. Never mind. I'm shooting from the hip. My immediate thought was every postal clerk (at least on the west coast) must know that there are coins inside BUT THEN that does not matter because they all know the mailing address of each TPGS anyway!

So now I see what a GREAT IDEA it is to have folks mark the service level. Then PCGS can better decide which packages to open first, and take care of those paying for faster service.

I worked at a very large TPGS and there were more employees than most of you can guess just opening packages and getting coins ready for the graders. At some services, the ONLY thing a grader does is authenticate and grade. They don't worry about researching an attribution on their screen.

It would be an eye-opener to all of you if PCGS would pile Monday's mail on several tables and let their Mailroom staff (with fuzzed-out faces) take a group photo as an advertisement. "PCGS we open the World of Coins each day."

• Options

@Insider2 said:

It would be an eye-opener to all of you if PCGS would pile Monday's mail on several tables and let their Mailroom staff (with fuzzed-out faces) take a group photo as an advertisement. "PCGS we open the World of Coins each day."

That would be sight to see! :)

—————

The service level markings are from the instructions from our host.

Maybe using a code would be better.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said: "The service level markings are from the instructions from our host. Maybe using a code would be better."

As I wrote, anyone who works for the POD can figure out who is sending out lots of coins (Heritage for example) and who is getting lots of coins (PCGS for example). The average thief may not know so unless he sees COINS INSIDE, they are probably safe enough. Besides the heartbreak of a loss, stuff is insured.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2019 5:02PM

I received the following email from PCGS yesterday stating that they have not received my online submission, see message below in italics. They actually received my coins 2 weeks ago, but haven’t entered them in their system yet!

We noticed that we have not yet received your coins for Online Submission #XXXXXX.
    Maybe you have additional questions or need further instructions? Contact us if there are any issues we can help resolve for you.
    If you did mail your coins, please check the tracking number immediately to ensure there was not a shipping issue.
    If your coins are simply still in transit, not a problem! We will send you a confirmation once we receive your order.
    In the meantime, if you would like to review your order, visit your account:
    Happy Collecting,
    PCGS Customer Service
    1-800-447-8848
    info@pcgs.com

• Options

I’ve used the online submission a few times. The problem is it cannot be saved and edited. So I would have quite a few email notifications that they have not received any coins. Called and told to ignore if your not submitting coins per the online submission.

Went to PDF files that I can save and edit for all my submissions.