Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Features - Track My Package and Pending Orders

The Year of the Customer continues here at PCGS as we roll out two new features designed to give peace of mind and increase visibility on your submissions. You will now be able to confirm your package has arrived as soon as it is scanned in from the courier.

The new Find My Package page allows customers to enter tracking numbers to confirm a package was delivered from the courier along with the date of delivery. This feature will search deliveries within the last 60 days.

The My Orders page now lists pending orders for packages that have been opened and moved along to the proper receiving team.

Once an order has been officially received, it will move from pending orders to "Orders." If there are no pending orders, the My Orders page will not feature the Pending Orders section.

These new features are currently available on pcgs.com and will be available in the My Account app early next week.

We look forward to continuing to launch new and exciting features and programs this year and years to come!

Heather Boyd
PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great!

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

This IS a positive! Thanks @HeatherBoyd for the heads-up. This is a definite need to stop (at least me) from wondering/worrying who actually received/signed for a package.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool! Are there any plans to add some specificity to the "In Process" status that our orders spend most of their time in? Like "Queued- Grading" or "Queued- Finalizing" ect. Probably not feasible but figured I'd ask.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfecto !

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! I am pretty easy going with the time it takes. It is nice to know that they have arrived safely though!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a very good addition to customer service. Keep up the good work. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am impressed with how responsive PCGS has been with making changes, updates, and finding solutions based on members and registry participants input. Great work!

• Options

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    I am impressed with how responsive PCGS has been with making changes, updates, and finding solutions based on members and registry participants input. Great work!

There is much more to come!

Heather Boyd

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like this.
    I have always hated the the "not knowing anything" part of my submissions.
    Thanks for listening to the customer.
    Year of the customer rocks!
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    coin4salecoin4sale Posts: 375 ✭✭✭

Nice! This will be helpful to the submitter , and should also free up PCGS customer service from having to take my phone calls , and everybody else's who used to call wondering the same thing! Keep up the good work.

BT&C
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the PCGS employee who came up with the idea, give that person a raise!!

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding improvement.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to be easier accessibility in tracking down your submission...whereabouts within the building should be the next step.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every customer friendly improvement should help more people who may have trouble figuring things out such as experts in your company are able to do.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahalo nui loa !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good, but is it working yet?

I sent a submission in on 2/25... it was delivered and signed for on the morning of 2/27, a little over a week ago now.

My order still doesn't show up in the system and it also doesn't show you receiving my package under this new feature.

The USPS Website Tracking shows the following:

February 27, 2019, 11:27 am
    Delivered
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
    Your item was delivered at 11:27 am on February 27, 2019 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658 to PCGS PSA. The item was signed for by J DAHLQUIST.

The USPS Tracking number is: 9407809699937325414573

:grey_question:

• Options
    BrettPCGSBrettPCGS Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:

I sent a submission in on 2/25... it was delivered and signed for on the morning of 2/27, a little over a week ago now.

My order still doesn't show up in the system and it also doesn't show you receiving my package under this new feature.

Delivered
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
    Your item was delivered at 11:27 am on February 27, 2019 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658 to PCGS PSA. The item was signed for by J DAHLQUIST.

Working on this now. Your package is here

Brett Charville --- I work at PCGS

• Options

@logger7 said:
    Every customer friendly improvement should help more people who may have trouble figuring things out such as experts in your company are able to do.

I’m confused logger, can you clarify?

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:

Delivered
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

I have two that were delivered and signed for prior to this launch (Friday and Monday receipts per USPS). Both are not showing pending or showing up when I check the tracking number.

Is there a subset of packages that were received prior to this rollout that weren't "scanned in" for this new system? Or will there typically be a few days lag time before the tracking number gets scanned in?

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:

Delivered
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

I had a similar problem. My package shown delivered by USPS on 2/25 and I finally received an email yesterday 3/6 saying that you received it. Didn’t know about this new package check until this morning when I read. Should improve the process

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options

@Tetromibi said:

@illini420 said:

Delivered
    NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

I have two that were delivered and signed for prior to this launch (Friday and Monday receipts per USPS). Both are not showing pending or showing up when I check the tracking number.

Is there a subset of packages that were received prior to this rollout that weren't "scanned in" for this new system? Or will there typically be a few days lag time before the tracking number gets scanned in?

IT found an issue when we investigated @illini420 package. Let's let them roll that out in next 24 hours and see if it fixes a few things

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BrettPCGS said:

@logger7 said:

I’m confused logger, can you clarify?

It looks like a real improvement.

• Options

@Tetromibi @illini420 Our team launched a fix first thing this morning and the system is now reporting these packages as delivered.

Thank you both for bringing this issue to our attention so that we could resolve it promptly.

Heather Boyd

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    @Tetromibi @illini420 Our team launched a fix first thing this morning and the system is now reporting these packages as delivered.

Thank you both for bringing this issue to our attention so that we could resolve it promptly.

Thanks Heather, checked it again today and it is now showing the package delivered on 2/27. Cool!

Glad to help you guys quickly fix this bug in the system. Keep up the good work!

:+1:

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another nice service from our hosts... A big help for the 'anxiety' crowd - which, really, is most of us. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

It works for me. I got an e-mail saying that I have grades and the grades show even though the order is still processing and not yet shipped.

BTW I sent 3 Apollo Coins. 2- 5 oz Silver both graded PR70DCAM & 1 - Gold that graded MS70. :#

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long is the wait right now between coins arriving, and a submission starting? I had one scanned as delivered on the 5th, and it still is not in the system.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one that was delivered on March 1, got moved to the pending "prepped date" of March 8, still is not in the system to start the timer.

• Options

@HeatherBoyd

Does PCGS track inbound packeges, i.e, use USPS Informed delivery for business? Or FEDEX/UPS verions of similar product for inbound traffic?

If so, then that tracking data could possibly be imported into the “Find My Package.” To indicate to a customer your package was XX of YYYYYY recieved today.

Additionally, the daily total package count could be added to the Statistic page to indicate the monthly package receivables. And give PCGS customers an idea how busy it is on the receiving end.

Just a thought and may have been brought up before.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    @HeatherBoyd

Does PCGS track inbound packeges, i.e, use USPS Informed delivery for business? Or FEDEX/UPS verions of similar product for inbound traffic?

If so, then that tracking data could possibly be imported into the “Find My Package.” To indicate to a customer your package was XX of YYYYYY recieved today.

Additionally, the daily total package count could be added to the Statistic page to indicate the monthly package receivables. And give PCGS customers an idea how busy it is on the receiving end.

Just a thought and may have been brought up before.

Thank you for the feedback and ideas @Hemispherical, I will pass this on to our team as we continue to grow our features.

Heather Boyd

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking good!

• Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019 5:27PM

Tried it and works good. My next though was how long before PCGS gets started on them? I would like to see a current processing time. I’m sure if everything was perfect it would be say 1 day from the time an order comes in till we start on it and if it’s a really busy time it might say 5 days it would be nice to have an estimate

• Options
    KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

Awesome

• Options
    edited March 24, 2019 7:55PM

Experience under new notification system.

19 Mar: Package received by host in the late afternoon. Tracking number by USPS confirmed receipt. PCGS’s new notification system confirmed package received.

20 Mar: Pending orders indicated two submission numbers, which is correct because I mailed two submissions with different service levels in this one package. This means means the package was opened to retrieve the submission forms.

22 Mar: Status changed to an “In Progress” order by the two submission numbers and service level.

I like this new notification system!

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019 11:44AM

So, I have a question regarding the below statement in the PCGS comments:

"Please note that the turnaround time starts when the submission has been entered, not when the package was received."

Are submissions entered based on the date/time the submission is received? Or, are they randomly selected? If so, how do we account for the First In, First Out?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    PaulSmtPaulSmt Posts: 4
    edited October 15, 2021 12:16AM

Hey, I was wondering if it's also possible to track my package too? I used to order stuffs online all the time. But after my packages got lost a few times, I decided it would be best to just go to stores, and buy things by myself. It's extremely important for me to know that my parcels are safe on the road and that they are in safe hands. I head that some delivery companies even offer tracking services, where the delivery status is updated every two days. Does your company have this kind of system?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file