Standing Liberty Quarters- Submitted 35 to PCGS

I decided to have my SLQ's graded (some of them) My photography skills stink and my light hides a lot of the details but feel free to guess a grade on a few.

ANA Member
PCGS Platinum Member

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019 5:54PM

I almost freaked out when I saw that ‘16 :D:D

A Young Numismatist/collector. Enjoy collecting coins and flipping items for fun, profit, and money for my collection

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kliao-69

Positive BST transactions with LukeMarshall(x2), hrtfxr, PerryHall(x2), Greedoguy(x2), RonB(x2), firstspousecoins

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 21,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice ones there and I hope you are very pleased with the results. Good luck!!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]
  • kazkaz Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

some pretty coins there; hope you have good results with the submission. I'm working on a set in f to vf in an old Library of Coins Album.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins from a great series.

Good luck on your submission!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." --Teddy Roosevelt, April 23, 1910.
  • mannie graymannie gray Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins.... but I did notice the "1921" was a 1926.

• FlackthatFlackthat Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@mannie gray Thank you, Yes my 1921 is graded so you can see a 1926 on the following page.

ANA Member
    PCGS Platinum Member

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure....I hope you don't think I was being a smart a**, I could just picture myself scurrying around wondering where I put the 21! :o

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019 6:18PM

@Flackthat Very nice album of SLQ.

Please let us know the results.

@Hemispherical Thank you! I will post the results when I receive them back.

ANA Member
    PCGS Platinum Member

• jedmjedm Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2019 12:49PM

The '18 '19S and '24D all got my attention. Can't wait to see your grades. Good luck!

• goldengolden Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know how it comes out.

• TomBTomB Posts: 15,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great series and I absolutely adore the design. It looks like you have quite a few AU pieces and you prefer a blasty look. Hopefully, they all straight-grade. Good luck!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• aclocoacloco Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

W.O.W.!!!!

Please post the grades when available.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

We all wanna see close-ups of your 1916! ;)

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2019 3:12AM

@mannie gray said:
    Nice coins.... but I did notice the "1921" was a 1926.

Actually an empty hole, the 1926 was the next page showing thru

Frank

BHNC #203

• rickoricko Posts: 71,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice SLQ's....Thanks for the note telling us the '16 is a replica... that really stood out on first view... I thought 'no way is that real'.... :o Nice collection....Cheers, RickO

• RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭

I have a year set of Standing Liberty Quarters, all Philly mostly high AU's, but seeing your set has given me an inspiration to go after the complete set....the only thing is, I love seeing them in an album like this, once their graded, that vision ends.

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice... I think I see 2 or 3 that might grade MS.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really like that 19-s!

Collector, occasional seller

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

all of them are super nice. id love to see that 1916 when you get it

edited October 2, 2019 10:23AM

@Rollerman
    I understand wanting to keep them in the dansco. The idea of preserving them and having true views was appealing. Very hard decision to make. Those commenting about the 1916, sorry it is a replica while I gather funds for a nice example ( won’t be quite that nice!) Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the feedback.

ANA Member
    PCGS Platinum Member

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭✭

Being the person I am, I would have had someone who knew more than I did about the series look them over before submitting them to get an idea of how they would grade. That said, you can get a headache after looking at a handful of them to see if they are AU or Unc., and / or whether a liner coin is indeed has a full head.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭

Spectacular set . . . . . .with many particularly high grade examples. Not something I have ever seen . . .

Bravo!

Drunner

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

I am not a SLQ aficionado, however I see several details grades in your future. I hope I am wrong.

@Drunner Thank you!

ANA Member
    PCGS Platinum Member

@DelawareDoons I do have a few examples that are not "Up to Par" Yet. :)

ANA Member
    PCGS Platinum Member