Home U.S. Coin Forum

(3) New Liberty Seated Dollars upgraded in my set (All Extremely tough)

CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 16, 2021 8:29PM in U.S. Coin Forum

When I got the call from my buddy asking if I was interested in some tougher date Seated Dollars.... The answer was an instantaneous YES!!! I wondered which coins he was talking about .... He explained that he finally was willing to part with his incredible 1867 $1 AU53. For those of you who don’t know . Finding a nice circulated 1867 is extremely tough. I’ve owned 4 now and each one has been better then the last. It’s one of those dates that fly under the radar but Seated dollar guys know how extremely tough this coin is. The other 2 dates I acquired where an 1859-P $1 PCGS AU55 CAC and an incredible 1866 $1 PCGS AU55 CAC. If you know anything about dollars these are almost non existent with CAC stickers in circulated grades. I pounced on them and they will remain deep in my collection for many years. My pics suck but this is the best I could do...

Comments

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful and congratulations! <3

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that '66! Congratulations.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning pieces, congrats.

• fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

Wish there was better pics without the reflection because that coin looks amazing!

• PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crusty
    Three great coins for your collection. Im glad they arrived safely. Perfect for your collection now. You deserve it and I’m glad to have helped a friend.

BTW GFRC is working on a Seated Dollar purchase. If you like the 1859 and 1866 you’ll like the others that he’s buying.

• LucanusLucanus Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Three great looking tough coins, congrats!

Doug

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are great looking coins!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are really attractive from what I can see. Would love to see the Trueviews or another pro picture.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crusty said:

My pics suck but this is the best I could do...

Well the fleshy hands sure add eye appeal to the images ;)

Why are you blacking out the certs?

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

@Crusty said:

Best, SH

I black out the certs because I don’t want to let potential counterfeiters know what cert # goes with my coins. It’s simply to make it harder for potential counterfeiters... Sorry about my beefy hands they were not meant to be the focus of the pics... next time I’ll try to edit them out...LOL

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crusty said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Crusty said:

Best, SH

I black out the certs because I don’t want to let potential counterfeiters know what cert # goes with my coins. It’s simply to make it harder for potential counterfeiters... Sorry about my beefy hands they were not meant to be the focus of the pics... next time I’ll try to edit them out...LOL

Good point on the certs and thanks for the clarification. As others have suggested, professional pics would be great for these fantastic LSD's. If you get them, please post them here for our enjoyment.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

I’ve been trying to hook up with Todd for some professional pics but have been unsuccessful so far. But he will definitely be photographing my set we we finally hook up.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! I hope to one day get a high grade circulated Seated dollar myself.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coins and great pick ups.

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three tough dates. The 1859, especially so.
    Banging out three tough dates at once: Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

I’m glad you didn’t hesitate on buying the three coins. Depending on who is selling them can be a matter of a lot of money. Your set is definitely amazing, congratulation.

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ve got a trio of winners there!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice & tough too... CONGRATS !!!

• tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Wowzers! The new fotos give a good idea of how beautiful these circulated pieces are!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are very nice SLD's..... Great acquisition... get more of those if you can. Cheers, RickO

Would love to see those civil war dates

@Pickwickjr said:
    Would love to see those civil war dates

They definitely deserve their own thread....

• AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

Wow amazing! Hard to find the tougher seated dollar dates in such original condition. Very nice!

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

Wow!...Wow!!!

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 370 ✭✭✭

One more Wow!!!

• ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice acquisitions!

• CoinNoviceCoinNovice Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

@Crusty said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Crusty said:

Best, SH

Do the QR codes in the back aswell, when scanned on the phone camera, it takes you straight to the Cert numbers and specs for that coin :smiley:

@CoinNovice said:

@Crusty said:

@spacehayduke said:

@Crusty said:

Best, SH

Do the QR codes in the back aswell, when scanned on the phone camera, it takes you straight to the Cert numbers and specs for that coin :smiley:

Didn’t even think about that... Heck if they want to go through all the trouble.... They can have at it...

• Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic purchases!

@Wahoo554 said:
    Fantastic purchases!

I second that!
    Good coins are hard to come by, good friends are harder to come by. That’s why it was easy to hook up crusty. The favor has been paid back many times.
    Congratulation again and the best is yet to come.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. That series is notorious for having coins that have been boinked to death. The halves are tough too, but the dollars are much tougher.

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it a boy or a girl?

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • jedmjedm Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are fantastic! Sounds as though you have a great friend! A real treasure indeed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file