Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Headline: eBay CEO Devin Wenig is stepping down

ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to post this before Coinstartled did with some odd comment to follow.

Discuss .....

Comments

• Options

Pacific Time

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The CTO in May and now the CEO/President.

Changes are afoot... Hmm...

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a side note, the platform for printing mailing labels on Ebay became increasingly more complex. I switched to Printing off of paypal which still takes a few more clicks but it is manageable. Seems a bit less expensive as well.

• Options

The big question is ...... How will this affect the eBay eBucks Offers??? :D

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

They can now lower their fees since that's a $15 Million yearly salary savings without a CEO.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say he's stepping down so he can sell all his stock before the recession hits. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:
    I say he's stepping down so he can sell all his stock before the recession hits. :D

Ebay has alot of other problems. Maybe hes getting lucky before the whistleblowers come talking.

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2019 6:55AM

@privatecoin said:

You laugh but the smart money employees did this at FireEye ;)

The all-time high FireEye stock closing price was 95.63 on March 05, 2014.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let the theories and forecasts begin..... :D Sit back, relax and enjoy the reshuffle show. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    On a side note, the platform for printing mailing labels on Ebay became increasingly more complex. I switched to Printing off of paypal which still takes a few more clicks but it is manageable. Seems a bit less expensive as well.

Pretty much all of their "updates" are not for the better. I'm a millennial and I am tech savvy and their old selling dashboard and old printing dashboard were more sleek, intuitive and streamlined to use.

My buying has significantly gone down now that the CT sales tax of 6.35% has been added to every ebay transaction as I'm sure others have as well. That is no fault of eBay, but I'm sure it is hurting their sales.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

eBay definitely cheaper labels for me. If you get the commercial plus discount, much lower than PayPal.

I don't really like the new mailing label form on eBay, but it still seems easier to me than the PayPal one which I only use for non-eBay sales.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

Or he needs to move his assets offshore before Bernie's 8% wealth tax applies.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

yada yada yada …………………………………………...

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShadyDave said:

@Coinstartled said:

Pretty much all of their "updates" are not for the better. I'm a millennial and I am tech savvy and their old selling dashboard and old printing dashboard were more sleek, intuitive and streamlined to use.

My buying has significantly gone down now that the CT sales tax of 6.35% has been added to every ebay transaction as I'm sure others have as well. That is no fault of eBay, but I'm sure it is hurting their sales.

The impact of the out-of-state sales tax collection on many hobby areas, not just coins, if probably considerable. I know I now decline to make many purchases due to the sales tax. The item isn't purchased in-state, it just isn't purchased at all.
    Increasingly I ask myself, "do I really need this" and the answer is often no.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would seem to suggest a stronger likelihood of a StubHub spinoff

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Boosibri said:
    It would seem to suggest a stronger likelihood of a StubHub spinoff

The article did say they were going to be selling assets. It appears that he step down before he was pushed down.
    " both Devin and the Board believe a new CEO is best for the Company at this time."

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking he realizes he is over his head in the CEO seat. It is one thing to lead the technical part of the business, but a whole new world when you get to manage all the other parts of the monster. And if there are serious issues in the other departments, he may not be capable or willing to take them on.

Good for him. Glad he got out.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with a couple of the posters here about I am really questioning my desire to have a particular coin based on being taxed. It has definitely curbed my impulsivity’s.
    It’s a win-win.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too much tax not enough bonus bucks. Tried to buy an eagle tonight listed under jewelry category and they wanted 6%. WTF? This is the commonwealth FFS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

This is what I do.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@privatecoin said:

Or he needs to move his assets offshore before Bernie's 8% wealth tax applies.

Or he's worried the communist Russians have taken control of merica lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file