Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Official “I found this at a yard sale/flea market/pawn store” thread.

13»

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MaineJim.... The design aside, that is a pretty amazing find at a town dump. Great find indeed. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did get a common date Peace Dollar at the flea market last month for $20. Nothing earth scattering, but it looks uncirculated and couldn't beat the price.
    Usually, any coins I've encountered are marked 2x retail, so it was nice to score a bargain

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this up at my local antique shop, I did sell it yesterday to help me buy a proof seated library quarter but I was happy with it while I had it

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn! $10 for 6? I'd be scoping that pawn shop several times a week as they obviously know nothing about coins! That's pretty much cull price and if it was $10 a piece that's XF money!

@Snaps said:
    I found six of these Jefferson nickels at a pawn shop raw. $10 out the door. I sent 5 to be graded. Gave the person that tipped me off to the pawn shop one of the MS63 coins. And also sold a MS62 on eBay. I kept the three highest grades and another raw one for the 7070 album.

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the queen of the prom - I'll give you that but I don't think I'll toss it back at just over four pounds of sterling silver! The date stamp on the majority of the sterling is E which list out in the pattern pages as 1872 so that is not so bad. I see some sites list this pattern as starting in 1870. There was also a bunch of silver plate flatware that was decent in a utilitarian way. I pulled a few that would be useful and stuck the rest in the I'll do something with it someday box...

Jim

@amwldcoin said:
    I can see why they tossed it! That's some butt ugly flatware! Maybe they were errors and released before the pattern was added!

@MaineJim said:
    I've hit a few yard sales and had some nice finds but the best find came from my town dump as usual. Saw a random box sitting next to our area where people dump decent wood scraps. I picked up a couple nice pieces of pressure treated decking to fix a couple boards on my deck when I spied this box in the corner entrance. For some strange reason it was in the wood scrap area and I almost ignored it but when I looked inside it had a bunch of flatware. I expected plated but first piece I picked up was sterling. Got about 1800 grams from the lot. The things people just toss away...

Jim

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Estate sale find Saturday for 1/2 off the $6 tag. It’s signed too but I’m not 100% sure of which author. Gale?

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the little things. 12 packs of slide protector sheets at a thrift store today for $1 a pack.
    2x2s fit perfectly.

• Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got all three for $64...

Ceramic tile

Two prints...

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I would bump this thread with a few items I found in a junk box of numismatic pieces. I traded $10 worth of gun cleaning cloths for the box. It had mostly heavily corroded notgelds in it, but also contained a few interesting trinkets.

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file