Home Precious Metals

Gold $1650 first or Silver $21 or neither by the end of the month.

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

your guess.

I'm taking neither.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 8:38AM

I would say neither although September was all ready predicted to be a strong month with the forth central bank agreement ending on the 26th, with the added tariffs and uncertainty metals ended up in a better postion then expected. If China and the USA reach an agreement and the Feds raise interest rates we will see a pull back. If the opposite happens and with all the unknown surprises popping up silver could have a chance no way for gold.

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

silver will be close $20.28

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there are no major occurrences, political, financial or black swan.... Then silver could hit $20+... I doubt gold will hit $1650. My record on predictions is not good at all... :'( Almost as bad as the experts..... :D Cheers, RickO

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold might hit 1,600 by the end of the month, not 1,650 though, silver should be over 20. we don't want it to go up that fast anyway, we want a healthy gold bull run

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

With this amount of volatility and such a quick rise, anything is possible at this point. Could go up, could go down. Fun times. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 9:54AM

Who knows? This I know, the faster the metals rise, the faster they will fall. The time to buy was no one was talking about gold and silver.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold, easy....

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

I thought gold would go down a little today, it's actually starting to break out a bit, up 6.20 now

@ARCO said:
    Who knows? This I know, the faster the metals rise, the faster they will fall. The time to buy was no one was talking about gold and silver.

You are so right it is so funny to watch the people flock to the coin stores right now like they are missing something when they are missing nothing.

• 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

Will continue to rise through election

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

might be a good time to dump some if the price goes up that far and buy more later when it comes back down

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I feel silver will breach 20 before it collapses down to 18 or below... then hold there till some real economic meltdown... then 30+. Within 2 years. I am holding.

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

Just a random guess, but I’ll guess silver hits $21 by end of month.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold $1650 before silver $21, but don't expect it to happen within the month. The way things have been going, anything is possible.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 3:32PM

Much volatility after prolonged doldrums. Those of us predicting a strong surge in response to unsettled international events have at long last been proven right! :p;)

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since predictions do not cost anything I'll vote silver.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think bigger.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Lol...

keceph `anah
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the end of the month?

Take it easy.....it'll get there soon enough.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2019 7:41AM

We will be lucky if it stays above $1500 & silver above $18.00.
    Good news on the "home front" is bad news for PM speculators

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Mike59Mike59 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

im glad the PM are down today (even though I love them) and are still buying . Time to base and backfill then I think we go higher. Central bank of China and Russia buying Tonnes of Gold. I think we go much higher. End of year prediction is $1750 Gold and $21 silver. Quicker if President keeps calling Fed Reserve chair and other countries the enemy.

MIKE B.

edited September 5, 2019 12:38PM

This bump is just that a bump and will reset Armstrong had this rally on his blog a month ago he stated for this to mean anything gold would have to break 1575 and silver to break 20.50 if it did not hit these numbers it will correct very hard. He also is talking about a very nice dollar rally coming up that at first will be very bad for metals. I think the best thing to do is be patient, wise and emotion free when a little move comes, but there is still a lot more of September so enjoy the fun.

edited September 5, 2019 11:13AM

Seems metals lately have been tied to external events - primarily the China-US trade spat. Anyone notice that China hinted at talks in October, the futures market shot up and gold and silver are selling off from the news. If the China trade war ends, so will the rise and much of the gains of the metals most likely.

the ADP national employment report for August showed a rise of 195,000 jobs, which was significantly higher than the forecast of 140,000. that was the main reason for the sell off. the talks in October will more then likely never happen

@coinpalice said:
    the ADP national employment report for August showed a rise of 195,000 jobs, which was significantly higher than the forecast of 140,000. that was the main reason for the sell off. the talks in October will more then likely never happen

Good news is bad for gold :)

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in the silver for the long haul. No worries here.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

yeah, I know. it was in overbought territory yesterday. now it is in oversold territory which means PM'S go up tomorrow ;)

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many up days in a row. Almost forgot what the ole smackdown felt like. Ouch. Banksters and paper puppets still in control.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I just bought my first ever bullion (gold) coin today, it will likely pullback now.
    Fortunately it was a wee bit under spot so I have some cushion lol!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

@crazyhounddog said:

Does Longevity Run in Your Family? B)

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Does Longevity Run in Your Family? B)

Lol, for all intensive purposes an investment in physical silver will make zero change in anyone’s financial status (that’s excluding maybe a zero point percentile if that, the only ones getting rich on physical silver are those who use it as a component in some wizardry or those who make and sell jewelry, same for gold... you can now disregard everything you have ever heard or paid for for precious metals investment advice...

keceph `anah

@johnny9434 said:
    might be a good time to dump some if the price goes up that far and buy more later when it comes back down

10 4.

@OPA said:
    We will be lucky if it stays above $1500 & silver above $18.00.
    Good news on the "home front" is bad news for PM speculators

I'll revise my original post to:
    $1450 and $17

I'm glad I took some profits when I had the chance.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

I'm glad I took some profits when I had the chance.

glad I took a flip when I got a second chance.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Looks like the steam is coming out of the metal's recent price balloon. More tears for late buyers.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

the trade war seemed to be running it for a while.

perhaps feelings about the economy played a part or is playing a part now.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Intents and purposes. FYI.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

As one who has experience in hedging currency and commodity I will say neither

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

@ARCO said:
    Looks like the steam is coming out of the metal's recent price balloon. More tears for late buyers.

The "steam" might be resurrected, by the drone attack on the Saudi oil fields, come Monday...We shall see.

@OPA said:

@ARCO said:

The "steam" might be resurrected, by the drone attack on the Saudi oil fields, come Monday...We shall see.

Definitely. However, if gold prices are dependent on major crisis's, that is a very shaky foundation.

edited September 15, 2019 3:34PM

@ARCO said:

@OPA said:

@ARCO said:

Definitely. However, if gold prices are dependent on major crisis's, that is a very shaky foundation.

Gold, throughout history, has always been a "safe heaven" during uncertain times. That's been the main propelling force. Knowing when to get out and in, is the secret of success in the very speculative PM market.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like short term ceiling of $1500 for gold and $18 for silver.

Could be hovering around these levels for ???????????

• I'll say 1520 Gold. 18.60 Silver. I think if it cab break through 19 we will be in for a good ride.

• can

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea, and I admit it.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

gold is starting to break out again

edited September 21, 2019 11:24AM

these threads are entertaining it goes up $5 it is on the move, goes down $5 and it is over enjoy the wave with some popcorn

It seems, that the five of us who predicted neither, get to keep their crystal balls. The rest...time to face reality & toss that piece of junk. ;)