Home Precious Metals

Next Allegories offering by the Germania Mint

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scheduled for release in September...( Note: Germania & Britannia sold out )

Germania & Columbia

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressive design.... I do not think the actual coin will have that 3D detail ... will look forward to actual coin pictures..... Cheers, RickO

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019 11:22AM

@ricko said:
    Very impressive design.... I do not think the actual coin will have that 3D detail ... will look forward to actual coin pictures..... Cheers, RickO

Since I have not received my Britannia / Germania order, ( 1st series) it's hard to tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqZIrnXYM08

@OPA .... Very nice..... Big hunk of silver. Cheers, RickO

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

That is one classy coin!

COOKIES!

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need to have a hobo make the coin "hard R" rated for some of us old coots.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

@Baley said:
    Need to have a hobo make the coin "hard R" rated for some of us old coots.

She's covered up more then your Avatar ;)

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

I’m normally not into these as I find the premiums to be too high. However, I’ll try and pick up a 5oz if it’s not too outrageous. Thanks for letting me know about these.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

@bestmr said:
    I’m normally not into these as I find the premiums to be too high. However, I’ll try and pick up a 5oz if it’s not too outrageous. Thanks for letting me know about these.

Expect to pay around $300 for the 5 oz (mintage 500).....2 oz around $105 (mintage 2500)......1 oz $30 - $40 range.(mintage 25,000) I'm a 1 & 2 oz guy.

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2019 7:34PM

@OPA said I'm a 1 & 2 oz guy.

That's cool but I'm going straight for the 5 oz'r. I love my ladies big & thick!

COOKIES!

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

I went to their website and noticed that they’re all the same diameter. I was hoping that the 5oz would be larger to enjoy the artwork more. I might as well just get the 1oz.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

I may go for the 2oz., normally stick to ASE's, but these have really nice detail and design. Cheers, RickO

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I crazy or is the decimal point in the wrong place?

edited August 19, 2019 9:12AM

@thisistheshow....I do believe you are correct... I assume that is and artists rendering though and not the real coin.
    Cheers, RickO
    Oops.... the video shows the same thing....Perhaps a European designation? Cheers, RickO

It's considered the silver rating...most likely pure silver.

Pure silver is the same you’ll usually find associated with .9999 silver, and as you can probably guess, this is silver that has a rating of 99.99%.

However, the only country that I could locate that uses 999.9 for pure silver is Ukraine. I suspect the Germania Mint may be located in the Ukraine....not Poland and most certainly not Germany

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2019-UKRAINE-ARCHANGEL-MICHAEL-1-Oz-999-9-Pure-Silver-Investment-coin-UAH-/123632968840

• MrMonkeySwag96MrMonkeySwag96 Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019 10:08PM

I'm not a fan of the reverse design of the Germania rounds. The reverse design is contradictory to history. The reverse depicts a double headed eagle holding thunderbolts.

Both the double headed eagle and thunderbolts are Roman symbols. The thunderbolt was the weapon of Jupiter, the chief Roman god. Legionary shields had thunderbolt designs. The double headed eagle was the symbol of the Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire during the 14th century.

I don't like the concept of a double headed eagle grasping thunderbolts because its anachronistic. The thunderbolt symbol was used during the pagan, ancient Roman Empire. In contrast the double headed eagle was adopted by the Christian, medieval Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire. Thus the double headed eagle holding thunderbolts was not a symbol used in history. I like historical accuracy in my coin designs.