Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019W Palladium Reverse Proof (19EK), On sale now, $2,437.50 .

Comments

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

Anyone collecting this issue for the pleasure?

I'll be keeping one. Got to keep the subset of precious metal Reverse Proofs complete.

The upcoming palladium coin ( 19EK) makes it a total of 11 individually issued unique Reverse Proof coins since 2006.

We've had 5 ASEs, a 1oz gold eagle, a half oz platinum eagle, a 1oz Buffalo, a Kennedy half, an FDR dime, and now a 1oz palladium eagle. (Last year's RP Proof Set included 7 more silver)

They're a pleasure to see displayed as a group.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your style. There is a very known beauty to the reverse proof.
    Especially considering you’re stable of steeds.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    VpdVpd Posts: 47 ✭✭

@rip_f said:

@MilesWaits said:

Anyone collecting this issue for the pleasure?

I'll be keeping one. Got to keep the subset of precious metal Reverse Proofs complete.

The upcoming palladium coin ( 19EK) makes it a total of 11 individually issued unique Reverse Proof coins since 2006.

We've had 5 ASEs, a 1oz gold eagle, a half oz platinum eagle, a 1oz Buffalo, a Kennedy half, an FDR dime, and now a 1oz palladium eagle. (Last year's RP Proof Set included 7 more silver)

They're a pleasure to see displayed as a group.

Would like to see them in a group photo please.

• Options

At least one dealer thinks a profit can be made on the Palladium’s.

https://goldenstatecollectables.com/search?q=palladium&type=product

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 1:49PM

How many will be shipped before the FS Label expires in 30 days after release.....10,000...more or less? What do you think?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vpd said:

Gotta let some people dream

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

For those that don’t believe in the legs regarding this issue, look on eBay or elsewhere for current pricing on the 2018 and 2017.
    Granted, spot is way up and that is the unknown. Too bad they aren’t made in Platinum.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vpd said:

Show me an offer to buy. I'll sell you a pcgs 70 for 4 or 5 grand also. That's not a statement of belief, it's an attempt to get a rip. If anything, it's a statement that he DOESN'T believe in the coin which is why he's confident he can meet the presales promise.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    For those that don’t believe in the legs regarding this issue, look on eBay or elsewhere for current pricing on the 2018 and 2017.
    Granted, spot is way up and that is the unknown. Too bad they aren’t made in Platinum.

They are above issue but below the post-release price despite a $500 increase in palladium.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Used to have all the above. Only have all the ASE reverse proof issues, the dime and Kennedy now.

• Options

Rip_f

Thanks for sharing the photo. Very nice. I think I also have them all except the FDR dime. Maybe I should get the MOM set from 2015....

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

70s aren’t that elusive
    If you immediately scan your coin recd from the USM and return anything that appears to be a blemish, frost break, rim issue you will be probably 7/10 times right on the “70”
    IMO another factor is quick submission; once that faucet turns off; forget it

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the increased price and increased mintage, I just don't see a potential for flipping these, unfortunately. The previous ones were a huge blessing from the mint for flippers.

• Options
    edited August 29, 2019 7:52AM

@jwitten said:
    With the increased price and increased mintage, I just don't see a potential for flipping these, unfortunately. The previous ones were a huge blessing from the mint for flippers.

I agree. But we'll soon know. If NO ONE has a wholesale bid out there early next week, there is no flip potential.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys that plan on purchasing the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium on Launch Day…

Sure did Not get any help Today with the AM and PM Palladium fixes.

Looking Like $1,887.50

Good Luck with that Price and a Stated Mintage of 30,000…

• Options

@jwitten said:

Everything went Right for a Flip of the 2017 Bullion and for a Flip of the 2018 Palladium Proof. Not setting up for a Flip of the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium with a price of $1,887.50 and a Stated Mintage of 30,000...

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

Totally agree ^

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

You guys that plan on purchasing the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium on Launch Day…

Sure did Not get any help Today with the AM and PM Palladium fixes.

Looking Like $1,887.50

Good Luck with that Price and a Stated Mintage of 30,000…

Well, people buying these are not doing it to make money. So, maybe it will cost $50 more, but they want to own it so....

Buy what you like! Always! No matter what anyone else thinks of it.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll buy one. If they commit to melt down half of them...

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    edited August 29, 2019 9:03AM

Hey, there is a dude (or not) over on the BST trying to sell his sealed 2018 Palladium proof with a post count of 2!
    Spend a little bit more than the 2019 Reverse and really roll the dice.

• Options

Spot Palladium made a Large jump this morning.

Pricing for the 2019 Reverse Proof could get interesting...

• Options

Not out of the question that pricing could be $1,937.50.

Even with a Current Ask price of $1,550.00 it would be hard to get a two level U.S. Mint price Increase...

Thursday's AM fix was $1,485.00 and Thursday's PM fix was $1,483.00. That helps keeping Palladium from hitting the $1,550.00 to $1,600.00 pricing level...

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Palladium and gold both about the same price this morning. Palladium up $70, rhodium up $325 to $4,700...

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we get a "Green New Deal" next year, palladium should drop like the rock it's extracted from. Let's all hold our breath!!!

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

@Kliao said:
    I’ll buy one. If they commit to melt down half of them...

They won't commit to doing it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up melting half of them...or more!

• Options

@cagcrisp said:
    Not out of the question that pricing could be $1,937.50.

Even with a Current Ask price of $1,550.00 it would be hard to get a two level U.S. Mint price Increase...

Thursday's AM fix was $1,485.00 and Thursday's PM fix was $1,483.00. That helps keeping Palladium from hitting the $1,550.00 to $1,600.00 pricing level...

I don't think it much matters at this point. If you were going to buy this coin at $1500, you will buy it at $1800 or $1900 or even $2000. It is sunk money, likely to never appreciate. You are buying it because you like the coin.

• Options

The United States Mint has changed Launch Day to September 12...

• Options

By changing the date to September 12th, 2019, that puts a Possible price of $1,987.50 on the table. After Today's AM and PM fix it was hard road to get to $1,987.50 on September 5th...

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

If US Mint only sells about 6,000 coins then this will be a big hit.

• Options

@Rarity said:

Based on the comments from this board, I would expect the total sales of this year’s coin to be less than the 15,000 of previous years making it the new low leader.

• Options

@Rarity said:

Look at the price and mintage of platinum proofs before you say that. Take a really close look at the 1st Spouses gold coins and mintages. A lot of the 1st spouse gold coins have mintages around 3,000 and they just sell as bullion with virtually no premium.

If the Mint only sells 6,000 coins total, this thing will drop to melt + $100 in a hurry. Selling only 6,000 means there are less than 6,000 hardcore collectors of them.

It's not the mintage number, it's the mintage relative to demand. Low sales mean lack of popularity.

I've got an Aussie 1/10 oz platinum coin with a mintage of 350. Yes THREE HUNDRED FIFTY. I can't get $250 for it. There are apparently less than 350 collectors for it.

• Options

@Vpd said:

@Rarity said:

Based on the comments from this board, I would expect the total sales of this year’s coin to be less than the 15,000 of previous years making it the new low leader.

The thud you hear is the resale value of the 2019 coin. Low sales never translate to high prices. Sometimes even sell outs don't translate to high prices.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Rarity said:

Look at the price and mintage of platinum proofs before you say that. Take a really close look at the 1st Spouses gold coins and mintages. A lot of the 1st spouse gold coins have mintages around 3,000 and they just sell as bullion with virtually no premium.

If the Mint only sells 6,000 coins total, this thing will drop to melt + $100 in a hurry. Selling only 6,000 means there are less than 6,000 hardcore collectors of them.

It's not the mintage number, it's the mintage relative to demand. Low sales mean lack of popularity.

I've got an Aussie 1/10 oz platinum coin with a mintage of 350. Yes THREE HUNDRED FIFTY. I can't get $250 for it. There are apparently less than 350 collectors for it.

I think he was saying it tongue in cheek (I may be wrong though). If this only sold 6,000, I would be a buyer on the after market for sure. The previous coins are trading well above issue/spot with a mintage of 15,000, so I think this will easily sell at least that many. In other words, I think the only way this coin IS a huge hit is if for some miracle it sells less than 15,000 from the mint.

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Rarity said:

I don't know about others but to me, platinum coins are not attractive looking at all.

On the contrary, the palladium design is nicer, obverse and reverse, and I think it will maintain a decent premium if 2019 is the only Reverse proof with current design.

With palladium spot price in the $1500s, I will be reluctant to spend close to $2000 to acquire the coin.

• Options

As others are aware, this one will be fun to watch from the sidelines.
    I will wait until I can get my PCGS first strike 70 at a price I feel comfortable.
    I don’t feel rushed. I don’t feel frantic. Let others fret.
    Hypothesize away, team!

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rarity said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Rarity said:

I don't know about others but to me, platinum coins are not attractive looking at all.

The only two pieces of platinum I own are the 2015-2016 APE sisters, and they are indeed two gorgeous works of art.

Other than those two, no plat or palladium in my collection. I gotta draw the line, someplace. So this coin will be an amusing event from the sidelines...

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

The Mint just postponed release of the RP Palladium Eagle until the 12th.
    (According to the product schedule)
    Is the Pd spot too volatile right now?

• Options

@rip_f said:

I doubt that's the reason. They probably already own the planchets and have struck or are striking the coins. I would guess some kind of production problem

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@rip_f said:

I doubt that's the reason. They probably already own the planchets and have struck or are striking the coins. I would guess some kind of production problem

The Mint leases the Palladium. The Mint takes physical possession of the palladium to manufacture the coins. The Mint purchases the palladium from the lessor the same day the coins are sold...

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@rip_f said:

The Mint leases the Palladium. The Mint takes physical possession of the palladium to manufacture the coins. The Mint purchases the palladium from the lessor the same day the coins are sold...

Now this is interesting. Do you have a link?

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

these coins will more then likely go on back order after the first 5,000 get sold. it would foolish for the mint to make more then that without a buyer

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely not a sellout. Good luck flippers. If you collect RP coins, you have to buy this one. If you have the first two, you're gonna want this one. If the price goes too high, buyers will back off. If there isn't much interest, could the mint just stop production or are they committed to a ceiling of 30,000? I want one, but just one. And it better not have any marks on it!!

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 5:49PM

If some one/dealer wants me to buy one for them let me know! I don’t mind pimping me out! :) Daddy’s gotta eat and Izzy wants a new bone! ;)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@cagcrisp said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@rip_f said:

Now this is interesting. Do you have a link?

From 2018 Annual Report:
    “The Mint leases platinum and palladium to avoid the effects of fluctuating metal costs as a result of the changes in market prices. The Mint leases platinum for a fee of 1.2 percent of the asset’s value and leases palladium for fees that range between four and 10 percent. The Mint takes physical possession of the metal to manufacture the bullion coins. Upon sale to the customer, the Mint purchases the metal from the lessor on the same day for the same market price. “

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

This ...would be the ultra rare label-

• Options

I took the day off for this coin. Dang it.

• Options

@smartdriver said:
    I took the day off for this coin. Dang it.

Really? The chance of a sellout is pretty much zero.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Did Palladium really jump to $1520? It was in the $1450-1500 range last week. I am seeing other spot prices higher than that.

That's makes it a $1,937.50 coin. $1987,50 if it jumps again. That's going to be a tough sell...

Maybe it's a good thing the Mint delayed release a week, to let the metals settle down... (All the metals are on the rise. When was the last time we saw $20 silver?)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file