• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t freaking wait!!!! 👍🍻🏈

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

They need netting.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've bought two of these already, I am ready for a great season from the Chiefs.

• Options

Darin that is a cool shirt bud!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hallelujah!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:
    until the fun begins

I wish there was a "HATE" button. That jerk ex-cardinal cost us that SB for sure.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Staubach is coming out of retirement? Guess it has been a while since I watched the NFL!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not even sure why they are playing the NFL season? We all know and all the players know that the Eagles will be the Super Bowl champs.

But I guess just like Secretariat and the Belmont Stakes, they still had to run the race.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

it would be nice to see a 18 game format with only 2 pre season games in the next few years

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:
    until the fun begins

When Pro football was fun to watch.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
  • Options

Oh Dime is the best during NFL Season!! 😂👍🏈

• Options

@1970s said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@1970s said:
    until the fun begins

I wish there was a "HATE" button. That jerk ex-cardinal cost us that SB for sure.

This sports forum just wouldn't be the sports forum without these classic posts by dimeman.
    For some reason I need to come on here and listen to him say someone or something sucks. This place just doesn't feel like home without it.

I could have made that catch stinking drunk!

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

it was a wounded duck throw, I think he would of caught it if it was a spiral

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    it was a wounded duck throw, I think he would of caught it if it was a spiral

Any receiver worth his salt would make that catch 1000 out of 1000 times.

• Options
    edited July 25, 2019 1:27PM

If anybody ever needs me, I can usually be found perched in the corner of the forum like a spider, from 5:30a.m. until 10:30 p.m. Even when I'm at work, I'm logged in. I usually enjoy "cracking wise" at least once a day. I don't know why I am mentioning this, I guess I'm just bored.

ETA: I usually have a nap from 6:30a.m. to 9:30 a.m. due to the constant glare of a computer screen.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    If anybody ever needs me, I can usually be found perched in the corner of the forum like a spider, from 5:30a.m. until 10:30 p.m. Even when I'm at work, I'm logged in. I usually enjoy "cracking wise" at least once a day. I don't know why I am mentioning this, I guess I'm just bored.

ETA: I usually have a nap from 6:30a.m. to 9:30 a.m. due to the constant glare of a computer screen.

Buddy you have been a great addition to Sports Talk, glad you started being active! I got my phone on me pretty much all day, I can use it at work anytime I want which is a nice change of pace from not being allowed to have it in my previous job for 20 years 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Buddy you have been a great addition to Sports Talk, glad you started being active! I got my phone on me pretty much all day, I can use it at work anytime I want which is a nice change of pace from not being allowed to have it in my previous job for 20 years 🤷‍♂️

Thank you for the kind words, I will definately be posting in the sports talk section. I find the topics here to be fascinating, and the people who post here are very smart and passionate. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome.

• Options

@1970s said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Thank you for the kind words, I will definately be posting in the sports talk section. I find the topics here to be fascinating, and the people who post here are very smart and passionate. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome.

Actually, I like it behind the ears.😂

• Options

😂😂😂

• Options

:o

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I'm not even sure why they are playing the NFL season? We all know and all the players know that the Eagles will be the Super Bowl champs.

But I guess just like Secretariat and the Belmont Stakes, they still had to run the race.

Spoken like a true-believing fan, but seriously, how many weeks will it be before Wentz goes down for the season? With Foles gone, the Eagles will have to go with Elmer Fudd at quarterback. Don't look for too many "wabbits" once he takes over. The Eagless weren't all that good with Wentz in there last year. It will probably be a good year for the cow punchers.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

The Cowboys will win the division if they get Zeke back...

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

C’mon, Paul - you know I had to ;)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    edited August 2, 2019 6:22AM

Understandable Tim 😂😂😂. I actually never saw that before, pretty good stuff 🍻

• Options

It will be interesting to see what how the Saints do this season, after last years non-call debacle. I will also be interested in watching the Browns and Baker Mayfield. Baker is pretty intense on the field. That kind of attitude rubs off on the players around him, and I look for the Browns to make the playoffs this season.

• Options

I'll predict the Super Bowl when i see who is the opponent the Eagles will play. The Chiefs do worry me just a little bit.

As far as the NFC, can you say Eagles knife slicing thru warm butter?

The NFL committee is considering spotting the other NFC teams around 14 to 21 points for each game against the Eagles, in order to give these outmatched NFC teams a chance to possible win a few games.

• Options

@1970s said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

Truth is that Tom Brady is like MJ. Both are widely regarded as THE REASON why the Bulls and Patriots have all their rings (as far as players are concerned, not coaches)

Yogi Berra was just a very good player on great teams, but no where near the status of an MJ or Tom Brady.

Yogi takes a serious back seat to both MJ and Brady.

Sorry Yogi. It's over.

Everyone knows that silly. Tim was tongue in cheek I’m thinking...😂

• Options

@1970s
    @perkdog

Yogi Berra is an icon of sport, a 3 time MVP, Hall of Famer and someone who everyone who follows sport still knows who he is almost 50 years after he played his last game. He is quite literally one of the most recognizable names of the 20th century. He’s first or second in just about everything in World Series history.

Did they ever base a cartoon bear on MJ or Tom Brady? Do either of those guys have any lasting quotes that your MOTHER would know? (Caps emphasizing a lady who may not follow sport, not anything offensive).

Ask anyone walking down the street if they’ve heard of those three guys and you won’t get a ‘no’ on any.

PS - You’re completely off on Brady; I don’t know a SINGLE Patriots fan out there who would fail to credit the role and contributions of Bill Bellichek. Not one. Paul, you can correct me if I’m wrong.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1970s said:

@perkdog said:

@1970s said:

Truth is that Tom Brady is like MJ. Both are widely regarded as THE REASON why the Bulls and Patriots have all their rings (as far as players are concerned, not coaches)

Yogi Berra was just a very good player on great teams, but no where near the status of an MJ or Tom Brady.

Sorry Yogi. It's over.

Well. Based on his response, I don't think his tongue was in cheek.

That’s my response to the disrespect shown Yogi!

The photo itself was posted because it is just a running gag with Paul...

• Options

Everybody knows that it was Bill Belichick who was the major factor in the Patriots recent magnificent run of success. Although without question, Tom Brady of course was an important factor.

• Options

@1970s said:

@perkdog said:

@1970s said:

Sorry Yogi. It's over.

Well. Based on his response, I don't think his tongue was in cheek.

Right on track with the getting defensive about MY tongue in cheek comment. It’s a 100% accurate statement that ALL Yankee fans have 50/50 split of cocky and defensive. #cocky/defensive/Yankee fan

• Options

Without Brady the pats don’t win 6 Super Bowls, without Brady they don’t go to 9 Super Bowls. 100% FACT and it’s not even remotely debatable

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s
    @perkdog

Yogi Berra is an icon of sport, a 3 time MVP, Hall of Famer and someone who everyone who follows sport still knows who he is almost 50 years after he played his last game. He is quite literally one of the most recognizable names of the 20th century. He’s first or second in just about everything in World Series history.

Did they ever base a cartoon bear on MJ or Tom Brady? Do either of those guys have any lasting quotes that your MOTHER would know? (Caps emphasizing a lady who may not follow sport, not anything offensive).

Ask anyone walking down the street if they’ve heard of those three guys and you won’t get a ‘no’ on any.

PS - You’re completely off on Brady; I don’t know a SINGLE Patriots fan out there who would fail to credit the role and contributions of Bill Bellichek. Not one. Paul, you can correct me if I’m wrong.

Its funny you mentioned mothers. When we were kids in the early 70's, my brothers' and I would ask my
    mother if she had ever heard of a certain athlete. Because she knew nothing at all about sports, if she had
    heard of the athlete, he was as famous as a person could get in our world view.
    I remember we did ask if she had heard of Yogi Berra. Yes she had, and that makes him as famous as the
    president of the US. LOL. Yogi transcended the world of sports, else my mother would not have known who he was.

• Options
    edited August 2, 2019 9:56AM

@1970s
    @perkdog

Ok let’s talk “Icon” you can ask every single human being in the world right now and more of them know Tom Brady than Yogi Berra. That’s another FACT that’s not even remotely debatable

• Options

@perkdog said:

@1970s
    @perkdog

Ok let’s talk “Icon” you can ask every single human being in the world right now and more of them know Tom Brady than Yogi Berra. That’s another FACT that’s not even remotely debatable

I completely agree about that FACT, Paul. Don’t know how I come off as cocky - at all. We’re not talking about Thurman Munson, Elston Howard, Bill Dickey, etc.

It’s Yogi Berra - one of the nicest, most gentle, philanthropic men to ever walk the planet. His personality was ENORMOUS. Not to mention a truly great player. Universally revered and admired as a winner, a Good Samaritan and a tremendous representative of the sport of baseball.

Yogi Bear

Mr. YooHoo

‘It ain’t over til it’s over!’ or ‘It gets late early around here’

I never once put down Brady OR MJ at any time in this thread.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Without Brady the pats don’t win 6 Super Bowls, without Brady they don’t go to 9 Super Bowls. 100% FACT and it’s not even remotely debatable

And without Bill?

How about just this: how many novice head coaches would stick with Tom Brady over Drew Bledsoe to launch their careers?

Their greatness will be forever intertwined.

• Options

@perkdog said:

You Patriots fans still don't get it about Belichick. Without Belichick, the chances are basically 100% that the Patriots never draft Brady to begin with. Even if there was an infinitesimal chance that the Patriots did draft Brady, chances are that another head coach would have cut him during the pre-season or certainly Brady would have likely never developed into a super star.

That's just for starters. Belichick superbly surrounds Brady every season with players who are motivated and hungry to win a championship. Smart players as well who can be coached up. And it's extremely rare that Belichick gets outcoached in a game as Doug Pederson did to him two Super Bowls ago.

Those are the facts and it amazes me that hard headed Patriots fans to this day, they overall dislike Belichick the GOAT so much that they can't acknowledge the obvious.

The Patriots are a slight favorite to win the upcoming Super Bowl, and it isn't because they have a QB who will be 42 years old when the season begins. Yes, Brady is an important part of the reason for the Patriots being a favorite, but it is mainly because of Bill Belichick.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

You Patriots fans still don't get it about Belichick. Without Belichick, the chances are basically 100% that the Patriots never draft Brady to begin with. Even if there was an infinitesimal chance that the Patriots did draft Brady, chances are that another head coach would have cut him during the pre-season or certainly Brady would have likely never developed into a super star.

That's just for starters. Belichick superbly surrounds Brady every season with players who are motivated and hungry to win a championship. Smart players as well who can be coached up. And it's extremely rare that Belichick gets outcoached in a game as Doug Pederson did to him two Super Bowls ago.

Those are the facts and it amazes me that hard headed Patriots fans to this day, they overall dislike Belichick the GOAT so much that they can't acknowledge the obvious.

The Patriots are a slight favorite to win the upcoming Super Bowl, and it isn't because they have a QB who will be 42 years old when the season begins. Yes, Brady is an important part of the reason for the Patriots being a favorite, but it is mainly because of Bill Belichick.

Steve you keep dodging the simple FACT that Brady is throwing the footballs and making decisions on the field, regardless of that Belichick has no choice but to put Brady in when Bledsoe got hurt, heck when Bledsoe got healthy he put him back in lol. Josh McDaniels deserves almost as much credit as Belichick, and will you stop with the surrounding him with guys that “Want to play” and motivated, that might not have anything to do with Bill and everything to do with wanting to play with Brady! Either way your an Eagles guy, when it comes to knowing all about the Pats your a side dish that nobody ordered.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@1970s
    @perkdog

I completely agree about that FACT, Paul. Don’t know how I come off as cocky - at all. We’re not talking about Thurman Munson, Elston Howard, Bill Dickey, etc.

It’s Yogi Berra - one of the nicest, most gentle, philanthropic men to ever walk the planet. His personality was ENORMOUS. Not to mention a truly great player. Universally revered and admired as a winner, a Good Samaritan and a tremendous representative of the sport of baseball.

Yogi Bear

Mr. YooHoo

‘It ain’t over til it’s over!’ or ‘It gets late early around here’

I never once put down Brady OR MJ at any time in this thread.

I didn’t say you were being cocky here, I’m generalizing that with all Yankee fans but never mind that Tim, please point out where I ever said anything negative about Poor little ‘ole Yogi? The guy was everything you said and more, everyone loved him and rightfully so.

• Options

For the record, I too believe the player is significantly more important than the coach.

However, I think you did need both to do ALL that winning.

• Options

And to get back to the thread, as a Giants fan, I’d hate to be starting another season in a hole. For many reasons. And yet, already there’s some problems arising.

It sounds like Shepherd could/will be fine (though lost time and reps still hurt) but losing Golden Tate for 4 weeks and Corey Coleman for the season is just brutal. Still, with a revamped line and Saquon Barkley I’m optimistic that we will still be able to muster some points.

Defensively, they’re young and unproven. There is some existing talent on the roster and the drafted players are anybody’s guess. I’m hopeful that some of the guys I like last year - Lorenzo Carter, BJ Hill - can get better.

We’re not going to be some juggernaut at all but I am hopeful that the Giants will win a few of these close games they lost last year and make the season interesting. Either way, it will be fun to watch Eli Manning finish his Giant career (as I think that’s the case short of a Super Bowl win) and if the season begins terribly we’ll find out about the new kid.

I think Dallas, Bills, Bucs, Skins are the first four games.

Should be fun...

Go Giants

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Steve you keep dodging the simple FACT that Brady is throwing the footballs and making decisions on the field, regardless of that Belichick has no choice but to put Brady in when Bledsoe got hurt, heck when Bledsoe got healthy he put him back in lol. Josh McDaniels deserves almost as much credit as Belichick, and will you stop with the surrounding him with guys that “Want to play” and motivated, that might not have anything to do with Bill and everything to do with wanting to play with Brady! Either way your an Eagles guy, when it comes to knowing all about the Pats your a side dish that nobody ordered.

<<< your a side dish that nobody ordered. >>>

The Belichick and Brady partnership is one of the greatest stories in football history, and I'll friggin' comment about it any time I want, whether you like it or not. B)