Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thoughts on two coins

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the condition of these coins. Im not that experienced in coins but the condition of these two seems really good to me. thanks

mike

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

XF40-45
    MS62-63

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Xf and ms63

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

The quarter is XF cleaned. The Morgan looks MS 62 - 63 at best.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

XF45

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on pictures.... XF on the quarter and MD62 on the Morgan... Really obvious ding in the hair... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

XF & AU58.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Quarter has EF sharpness, but the photo makes it look like someone tried to rub the fields, which could end up giving you a "details" grade for cleaning.

The Dollar could be an MS-63 or even a 64. Ms. Liberty's cheek is clean of marks for the most part as is the eagle on the reverse, but there might be something cleaning in the right obverse field, and the piece needs good luster to get the higher grades. It's not showing on the photos, but could just be the way the photos were taken.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I said 62 on the dollar largely because there's something going on with the left field (in front of Ms. Liberty's face). It looks completely different from the right side obverse field. Bill's right about the photo... could be lighting too.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    XF & AU58.

+1.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are all opinions of grade.

My thought is that these are decent, collectible grades but nothing really out of the ordinary.

The quarter may be worth more than the silver dollar but each is probably worth in the $25-$50 range.

Silver dollars were saved in uncirculated condition and this one is not rare or exceptional in this grade. The seated quarters circulated quite a bit and yours is in above average but also not exceptional condition.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file