Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old news...happened several years ago

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

very

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

I remember the news, but that's an interesting little article updating the current situation ... Thanks for posting!

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Major theft.... Amazing that they could get away with it.... Not sure how the trial came out.... Someone here likely knows the result. As I recall, the gold was not recovered.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Bump dying to know...

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Major theft.... Amazing that they could get away with it.... Not sure how the trial came out.... Someone here likely knows the result. As I recall, the gold was not recovered.....Cheers, RickO

The article appears to be very recent (June 28, 2019) so the trial is probably still ongoing.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

The Aussies poured one that isn't going to be quite so easy to steal! 2,200 lbs (one metric tonne). Saw this on the Kitco website today.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2019-07-03/World-s-Largest-Gold-Coin-On-Display-At-NYSE-For-One-Day-Only.html

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

BTW, how demoralizing would this be if you had as your goal to collect every Kangaroo denomination minted in 2012?

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options

Is there a discount if you buy a roll?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

how much over spot?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Australian ‘coin’ was poured, but I had the impression that the Big Maple was struck. Can anyone comment on this?

(It would require one heck of a press!)

Higashiyama
  • Options

@Mesquite said:
    BTW, how demoralizing would this be if you had as your goal to collect every Kangaroo denomination minted in 2012?

Or a 21st Century Australian type set? I wonder if there's a space for it in the albums.