Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

This is new

Just noticed this on the Orders page ...

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's sure perty............what has changed in the process?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool! Just another thing I need to be OCD about checking! :D

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    It's sure perty............what has changed in the process?

I don't think the process has changed, just providing more info on where the cards are at in the process.

• esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Here is how the next step reads (looks like I am close!)

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.

TFW your order has been logged for over a month and you're still here ...

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s what it looks like when you called on Monday (business day 52) about your 25 day sub. So I need to call again? :/

Kevin

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Transparency works

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@esquiresports said:

Did elementary school in NYC and every Friday we had "assembly."

We had to wear a white shirt and sing songs designed to instill patriotism.

Best part of Friday?

At 3pm school was out and I could go get a pack of Topps at the candy store near the school.

Mike
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

@esquiresports said:

Did elementary school in NYC and every Friday we had "assembly."

We had to wear a white shirt and sing songs designed to instill patriotism.

Best part of Friday?

At 3pm school was out and I could go get a pack of Topps at the candy store near the school.

Mike, me too!

White shirt and red tie for boys, dresses for the girls.

Assembly was the best - we had theatre, movies (usually nature), concerts, sing alongs - you never knew what it would be!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

This on the heels of the discovery that the Dominos pizza tracker is inaccurate has me suspicious, hmmm

But seriously this is great. I think little things like this definitely help when turnaround times get tough.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Another step in the right direction!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

They should sell ads for those pages. Stock would triple. :)

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

What is the QA Check (1 & 2)? Does it only check that the card is properly encapsulated? or do they review the card vs. the grade to verify it got the appropriate grade?

edited June 28, 2019 11:07AM

QA1 - Grade
    QA2 - Label and holder

ETA: If you hover over the steps on a PC it gives the further details on each step.

• spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

They also said after the National they will add a third step for the owner to review the label before shipment

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 11:00AM

I do like this. Should call for a lot less phone calls asking whats going on.

Customer service representatives life span just went up!

• esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

Next up will be discussions of how long people were/are stuck at the various steps.

When I hear I am at step "label and seal," in my mind that's a day or two... until I realize there is probably a stack of thousands of cards in front of me waiting for the same thing.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@esquiresports said:
    Next up will be discussions of how long people were/are stuck at the various steps.

When I hear I am at step "label and seal," in my mind that's a day or two... until I realize there is probably a stack of thousands of cards in front of me waiting for the same thing.

You bring up a good point here. It would be interesting if they gave a count of the number of items they currently have at each step and where your item was in the queue. I would hope they have that sort of metric internally visible to the employees. Measurement and information like that go a long way in streamlining productivity in any sort of production process which is basically what this is.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

@esquiresports said:

Already started the day they rolled it out in the Submission Times thread :D
    Does anyone know once it hits grading status how long it may be until grades are online ?

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019 7:07AM

For me, all the rest of the progress meter stuff may look nice but doesn't really excite me much compared with the big one coming up soon (from Sloan's recent email). This is the line item that is years overdue and I am so relieved to finally have it in place:

Label Error Reporting – this feature will go live on Monday, August 5, right after the National. Customers will be given the opportunity to review labeling to ensure the accuracy of the information. If an error exists, collectors can report the issue directly through our website, allowing for correction before the order ships.

• Just another GIMMICK to keep your focus on WHAT REALLY MATTERS= the turnaround time!!!!!!

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)