Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is it common for cuds to appear on both sides of the same coin?

MiBellitaMiBellita Posts: 45 ✭✭
edited June 19, 2019 10:11PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I think I found a quarter with cuds on both sides but I'm not 100% sure. I would appreciate any info!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Post some pictures.

    And I’d say it is uncommon for obverse and reverse cuds on the same coin

  • MiBellitaMiBellita Posts: 45 ✭✭

    @Barndog said:
    Post some pictures.

    And I’d say it is uncommon for obverse and reverse cuds on the same coin

    I'm pretty sure they are cuds, but I'm still new at this so I may be wrong!


  • MiBellitaMiBellita Posts: 45 ✭✭

    Did i say state quarter Haha opps

  • MiBellitaMiBellita Posts: 45 ✭✭

    @ifthevamzarockin said:
    Looks like die chips. Cuds are around the rim area. ;)

    Darn it I forgot about those and I JUST posted something with die chips the other day! 😅 I believe I may mix those two up too often.. still learning!
    So I'm guessing it is common for die chips to be on both sides though?

  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 11:03PM

    I don't think I would call it common but nothing that would command a big premium.

    Edit to add: Chips are common on one side or the other.

  • MiBellitaMiBellita Posts: 45 ✭✭

    @ifthevamzarockin Good to know! Thank you! Gonna put this one in with my others for future reference 😄

  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MiBellita said:
    Did i say state quarter Haha opps

    ATB quarters.

    Cuds: http://www.error-ref.com/cuds/

  • rickoricko Posts: 75,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Die chips are not uncommon, but rarely command a premium... sometimes location or size can add value. Cheers, RickO

  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MiBellita said:

    @Barndog said:
    Post some pictures.

    And I’d say it is uncommon for obverse and reverse cuds on the same coin

    I'm pretty sure they are cuds, but I'm still new at this so I may be wrong!


    not cuds, die chips.

    cuds MUST include the rim

    Frank

    BHNC #203

  • FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As said, these are die chips, not cuds.

    Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV.
    Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 42 +-Year PNG Member, and an ICTA Board Member.A full time coin dealer since 1972.
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This is a cud. Between T and E there is a small die chip.
    Lance.

  • MiBellitaMiBellita Posts: 45 ✭✭

    @lkeigwin said:
    This is a cud. Between T and E there is a small die chip.
    Lance.

    Very good example! Thank you!

  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    Die chips are not uncommon, but rarely command a premium... sometimes location or size can add value. Cheers, RickO

    +1

Sign In or Register to comment.