Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1936 satin finish proof on eBay

BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 17, 2019 4:28AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Take a look at this monster 1936 satin finish proof buff right now on eBay. what a monster! (ngc proof-68 plus)

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... what detail... a really beautiful coin.... that will bring an impressive price. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda pretty!

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin deserves the lofty grade. Save a pic of that one for reference on what constitutes a fully struck Buff.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

asking over 15 grand for the one I pictured above.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

For detail compare to a 1916 proof made from sandblasted dies.

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

They (the mint) did not make many like this one WOWZER! What a looker.

• Options
    IndulgerIndulger Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

I like that! Yes....

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! What a coin. If I had that buff, I would not need another. That is perfection.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI - Both Buff’s shown above have CAC’s - the NGC 68+ is offered by Harry Laibstain, and on his website he’s offering it for $13,500 for a check. The second nice one is “only” PR67 (instead of 68+), also w/CAC, but is listed on the Bay at $2,750 with a “Make Offer” option by Tangible Investments.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are actually several listed on the bay right now, with another one graded in a PC PF68 for under 10K...

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave the 68's to the registry players, enjoy a 67 and several thousand spare dollars to use on other stuff.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    Leave the 68's to the registry players, enjoy a 67 and several thousand spare dollars to use on other stuff.

I agree with you. This is a Satin Finish PR-67 CAC. It's the best representation of the Buffalo Nickel design in my collection.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, I like it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    earlycoinsearlycoins Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

It was after I had delved into RogerB’s tome on 1936-42 proofs, that I realized that while 36-7 Buff proofs can be pretty, and shiny - they look like dreck when compared to the real thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file