Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How did I do? 1932S Washington

rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought this 1932S Washie from a local B&M. Dealer had it an EF40. I did not look too close, just was in a mood to buy some coins B) . Paid $125, how did i do? I apologize for the poor quality pictures and thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the scratch across Washington's hair on the cellophane? Other than that, I cannot tell much from those pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better pictures would help.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2019 8:00AM

Everything depends upon the mint mark. If it has not been glued on the coin, you are okay. Unfortunately it’s hard to tell from photos.

I think that it’s in the right place, and the coin is attractive.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, I believe in this case your images are suppressing board participation. They really aren't good enough to get a handle on not only the wear pattern, but also the fabric of the surfaces and the mintmark. It might be a good coin or it might not.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone for your input, I will work on the pics, had a feeling they were not good enough, why I apologized up front, hehe

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it at around $200.00.
    You done did good for the price paid.

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice looking coin! I think you did well!

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

Mm is very hard to see

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

for the pictures, best to take the coin out of the 2x2, so the cellophane doesn't reflect

Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file