Home U.S. Coin Forum

Stinkin' Badges

BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who, if anyone, has the PROMOTE Badge? How does one go about getting one?

Ricko.........................you need one too.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

we don't need any stinkin badges >:)

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think "they" decided it was a great idea but then decided it was too self-serving. We all would get one: "PCGS is Number 1!

I heard the kids in Nam would run up and say GI #1 :) , and add 000000000 :(:p under their breath.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you promote PCGS on other social media to get one, or something like that.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a few badges that have been mentioned that seem to be scarce... I have no idea how badges are awarded...just seems to happen....Cheers, RickO

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have one but I'm not sure if I should care. ;):D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't you heard? Either everyone gets a badge or nobody does, there are no losers that way. Play the game but don't keep score, you might offend someone.

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    There are a few badges that have been mentioned that seem to be scarce... I have no idea how badges are awarded...just seems to happen....Cheers, RickO

You made your badges happen by being yourself. Since loosing my coveted "disagrees," there is only one I want. :)

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    Who, if anyone, has the PROMOTE Badge? How does one go about getting one?

Ricko.........................you need one too.

Pete

Even Heather doesn't have one so you're in good company. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting for my reward for earning all my badges. How long am I going to have to wait? ;)

All glory is fleeting.
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291Fifth In reply to your following quoted posted question, to quote the famous “Kingfish” George Stevens of Amos & Andy fame , when referring to Sapphire’s Mother’s looks,

“If all the womens in Texas is as ugly as Sapphire's mother, then the Lone Ranger's gonna be alone for a long, long time.”

@291fifth said:
    I'm still waiting for my reward for earning all my badges. How long am I going to have to wait? ;)

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

I just hope they do not start handing out badges like they do trophy's at games in schools. not that it mattersqwith me im just saying. fwiw

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I want a pcgs jacket with all my badges and my name on it.
    I like leather😉

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    we don't need any stinkin badges >:)

Gotta to love that 70's classic Blazzing Saddles .

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dug up a 1936 Radio Orphan Annie decoder badge. I'll find it and post it shortly. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• batumibatumi Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

The check is in the mail!

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 1:32PM

Is this "Game of Badges"?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 4:05PM

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like one! :D

Finally found it! Did you drink Ovaltine?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 5:09PM

@Namvet69 said:
    Finally found it! Did you drink Ovaltine?

A bit of history on the decoder:

“The basic origin of "decoders" on Old-Time Radio was the Wander Company, makers of Ovaltine. It started with their radio program, Little Orphan Annie, in 1934. The sponsor started a fan club, Radio Orphan Annie's Secret Society. It had a membership pin and a member's handbook. Inside the handbook was a very simple ciphering scheme that any child could learn to decipher and encipher messages: each letter's position in the alphabet was given a number double its numerical position (i.e., A=2, B=4, C=6, ..., Y=50, Z=52, and &=54). “

http://www.mwotrc.com/rr2005_08/decoders.htm

edited May 20, 2019 6:14PM

What in the Wild Wild West is Going On Around Here? 😂🤣👍

[Web Link] 👉 https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/75f4c090-f029-4b11-af1e-1a340a6370ac

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

Thanks @Hemispherical you're the best.

edited May 20, 2019 6:59PM

@Hemispherical & @NamVet69
    There appears to be some PVC Contamination between 5 & 6 O’Clock on the obverse, which may cause that Badge not to certify for a Numeric Grade due to Environmental Damage! 🤣

Stuart

• cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file