Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If this 1921-S WLH were in a P or N holder, I’d buy it ASAP, your thoughts?

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's a looker alright.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I basically like it but the color is off.....dip residue? PVC?

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't buy it based solely on the photos, regardless.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks cleaned.

(Kidding! (sort of)….see other thread). ;)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019 5:24PM

Even if the images were good, there would be no way to answer the question in a sensible fashion without knowing the grade and price of the coin (“in a P or N holder”).

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU coin, but clean and very few bag marks. What kind of holder is it in?

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d buy it ASAP too, or just about any other legitimately rare coin, if the price is right.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I could evaluate it 'in hand', I may buy it.....pictures, as we know, can be deceptive.... and slabs are not necessary...The coin is the objective.... Learn before you buy.... and avoid premiums when you can. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like to many dips.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

The opportunity is to buy before it’s in a holder.

• Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge "AU coin, but clean and very few bag marks. What kind of holder is it in?"

It sits in an ICG holder AU50. Seller offers a 30 day return policy. I have no affiliation to this coin or the seller.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are ok with the price keep it. Nice coin conservatively graded.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything concerning the purchase depends upon the price. The coin looks dull and dipped out. Maybe it has some sort of residue on it that can be safely removed, but the picture is not confirming that or even making that the primary possibility. Impaired luster looks more likely, which might be a "details grade."

If I were looking at this, where would I begin. I’d look at the EF price and consider the matter from there.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file