Home Precious Metals

2019 Perth Mint 2 oz silver Crocodile

MrMonkeySwag96MrMonkeySwag96 Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
edited May 6, 2019 5:27PM in Precious Metals

Provident Metals is distributing a 2 oz Crocodile coin from the Perth Mint. I assume other big bullion dealers like APMEX and JM Bullion will also follow suit. These coins are currently on presale for $35. Personally I think the design is pretty cool. What are your opinions on these coins?

https://www.providentmetals.com/2019-australia-2-oz-silver-next-generation-crocodile.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PeIOh0bc6s

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice design, but does not appear to be a very popular series. Provident still has over 1,450 of the 2018 design available.

https://www.providentmetals.com/2018-australia-2-oz-silver-next-generation-koala.html

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting... I do not recall seeing crocodiles portrayed on coins before.... Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool coins!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Ag Crocks look cool. Baby crock on back of mama. APMEX has the 2019 as unavailable right now.

The 2014 looks okay and it’s one oz.

—————-

This is neat and 10 oz.

2019, $10, Silver dragon and phoenix

Diameter: 75.6 mm
    Mintage of 888

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

go down the perth mint rabbit hole and you won't come back unscathed .

• MrMonkeySwag96MrMonkeySwag96 Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    go down the perth mint rabbit hole and you won't come back unscathed .

I feel ya on that. When I started collecting, I was buying Perth Mint proofs. I believe Perth Mint produce the highest quality proof coins. The mirrored fields and frosted devices are impeccable. Later on, I quit collecting Perth proofs because I learned "limited mintage" NCLT aren't as rare as I thought. I'm much more interested in vintage US coins because of my love of history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyfeoKRP6GI

edited May 8, 2019 2:45AM

@Hemispherical said:
    The Ag Crocks look cool. Baby crock on back of mama. APMEX has the 2019 as unavailable right now.

The 2014 looks okay and it’s one oz.

—————-

This is neat and 10 oz.

2019, $10, Silver dragon and phoenix

Diameter: 75.6 mm
    Mintage of 888

I own the 2017 1 oz Dragon & Phoenix. There is a die variety attributed for those coins. Many stackers and non-collectors were pumping them as "error coins."

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2019 7:38PM

Got me a silver croc roll from Provident, mate!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
    edited May 8, 2019 10:54PM

@ricko said:
    Interesting... I do not recall seeing crocodiles portrayed on coins before.... Cheers, RickO

The Perth Mint and Royal Australian Mint produced many coins depicting crocodiles.

For example, the Royal Australian Mint released a high relief coin in 2016:

In 2014, Perth Mint offered Crocodile bullion coins in 1 oz silver and 1/4 oz gold

Last year Provident Metals was selling silver rounds depicting the crocodile god Sobek as part of their "Egyptian Deities" series:

Those are great looking coins... Thanks @MrMonkeySwag96... Cheers, RickO

@MrMonkeySwag96 said:

@ricko said:

The Perth Mint and Royal Australian Mint produced many coins depicting crocodiles.

In 2014, Perth Mint offered Crocodile bullion coins in 1 oz silver and 1/4 oz gold

Last year Provident Metals was selling silver rounds depicting the crocodile god Sobek as part of their "Egyptian Deities" series:

that dude is for sure hitting the gym. You don't get jacked like that watching slaves drag stone blocks up a ramp

edited May 9, 2019 4:30AM

@bronco2078 said:

@MrMonkeySwag96 said:

@ricko said:

that dude is for sure hitting the gym. You don't get jacked like that watching slaves drag stone blocks up a ramp

Sobek was a god of war, which explains his ripped physique. Sobek was the patron of the city of Crocodilopolis. The Temple of Sobek was located in Crocodilopolis. The Temple of Sobek was home to sacred crocodiles. The sacred crocodiles were treated like royalty. The priests fed the sacred crocodiles whatever they wanted. The sacred crocodiles were adorned with gold jewelry. When the crocodiles died, they were mummified.

A mummified crocodile is a good crocodile.... ;) Cheers, RickO

@MrMonkeySwag96 said:

The priests fed the sacred crocodiles whatever they wanted.

What if the sacred crocodiles wanted to dine on priest?

Think of all the ills of the world that could be cured by feeding all the priests to crocodiles. :D

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

So where’s the gold? All them Kings and Queens thought of themselves as godz, were mummified, and then planted in their geometrically shaped earthen everlasting place, until-it’s-found-and-robbed, with gold.

What does crock gold look like? :D

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool stuff. I never have seen that either until now