Home U.S. Coin Forum

Congratulations to Charmy - CSNS "Lifetime Achievement award"

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 30, 2019 9:19AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Charmy was the first recipient of the CSNS "Q.David Bowers Lifetime Achievement Award."

In March, the Central States Numismatic Society announced the creation of the Q. David Bowers Award in recognition of lifetime achievement by a numismatic professional.

This award is designed to recognize the unselfish devotion, scholarly contributions, and investments of time and resources made by a numismatic professional to the hobby.

“The professional side of the hobby is often asked to fund many of the benefits the collector side of the hobby enjoys,” said Mitch Ernst, CSNS President.

Charmy was totally surprised at the awards meeting at the CSNS show. To get her there, Mitch (#CoinHusker) told her someone she knew was getting the award (she assumed it was me) and she should show up to show support. She was slightly late to the 8:00 meeting and walked in just as they announced her name! I was told a few weeks ago and put an announcement in the latest issue of "Longacre's Ledger", the Fly-In club publication. Charmy helps editing the journal so the announcement had to be put in at the last minute. It was mailed last week and could have easily landed in her mailbox before she left for the show. The surprise would have been over. A few Chicago-area members could also have gotten their copy and mentioned it to her, but nobody did.

In addition to helping with the Longacre's Ledger, Charmy is the current President of WIN, Women in Numismatics. Anyone can join. Just go to womeninnumismatics.com

I did get an award too. The "Sower" award, created by Mitch to recognize people who sow the seed for future numismatics. In 2005, when the Wisconsin Extra Leaf quarters were coming out in Tucson banks. Mitch's son, Sam (#notlogical) posted here that he was hoping to find one since his grandmother lives in Tucson. I posted that they were mostly all found and that I would give him a set if he wrote an article for a national numismatic organization. He did and it won the top award at the CSNS. Both Sam, Mitch and their family have become very good friends since then. Thanks Mitch.

And congratulations, Charmy. You are a great contributor to the hobby.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file