Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Some eye candy of varying degrees from an econ order which graded today

clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 29, 2019 3:56PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Econ times are doing well! I had an economy submission go "in process" on 4/15 and grades posted today. Despite being graded on Monday, I do not feel like I got "monday grades". (all 9 of my 9 coins graded)

Per usual I bought them all raw.
This was a bit of a shock as I did not know it was toned when I bid on it, and 24 also happens to be one of 2 holes in my buffalo date run. This graded 63 as I expected the spots to keep it out of a 64 holder. The luster is very nice. 1924 is a tougher philly buffalo and especially with color. Now to find that 1921!

This was too cheap not to buy. MS66

My first graded barber and only one in MS I've ever owned. I think I'll keep it for the type set.

and here are some toned morgans but everybody has seen those before.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.

Comments

• Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

beau·ti·ful
    /ˈbyo͞odəfəl/
    adjective
    pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically.
    "beautiful poetry"
    synonyms: attractive, pretty, handsome, good-looking, nice-looking, pleasing, alluring, prepossessing, as pretty as a picture; More
    of a very high standard; excellent.
    "she spoke in beautiful English"

• Options
    ad4400ad4400 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgan’s are most certainly not my series but I love those looks. My preference on the buffaloes is the 1936 which has a great combination of strike in color. The barber looks most worthy of it type set keeper as well. Congrats!

• Options
    edited April 29, 2019 4:16PM

@ad4400 said:
    Morgan’s are most certainly not my series but I love those looks. My preference on the buffaloes is the 1936 which has a great combination of strike in color. The barber looks most worthy of it type set keeper as well. Congrats!

I'd much rather have a 1924 that looks more like the 36-S, but the 24 with color don't seem to surface very often, at least in my fishing hole.

Thanks @FullHorn !

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Nice finds! Are those your images or TVs? Asking because I also got econ grades today, and I’m eager to see the images to figure out which examples I got Monday results on (two of mine bagged as cleaned). ;)

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great finds as usual!

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options

@planetsteve said:
    Nice finds! Are those your images or TVs? Asking because I also got econ grades today, and I’m eager to see the images to figure out which examples I got Monday results on (two of mine bagged as cleaned). ;)

These are called "coinfacts" images and are normally up before trueviews.
    If you put this link into your browser and change out the cert numbers to match yours, you should be able to see your photos assuming you got gold shield holders.
    http://images.pcgs.com/CoinFacts/37029645_large.jpg

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks so much for that tip! It doesn't yet work for me... while I went the gold shield route, I think the cert numbers I have are not yet live. They're not yet clickable in the order details, either.

Anyway. Your results are inspiring. :)

• Options

@planetsteve said:
    Thanks so much for that tip! It doesn't yet work for me... while I went the gold shield route, I think the cert numbers I have are not yet live. They're not yet clickable in the order details, either.

Anyway. Your results are inspiring. :)

Mine aren't live yet either, but the CF images work so keep checking.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear you got good grading results.. that '36 Buff is nice too.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real nice newps all have great eye appeal!!

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

You certainly know how to fish that hole and it's certainly not all fished out yet. ;)

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like them all. You do have an eye for beauty 👍🏻👍🏻

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

love the 36 s buffalo

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of Morgans but those two are pretty!

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not really a Buffalo collector. But, seeing that 36-S is making me want to be one!!! That's the kind of toning I love! Wish I had some like that! I also like your Morgans. Is the 1896's blue really that soft and light in hand, or is it darker? I'd love to have one like that one!

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    edited April 30, 2019 11:49AM

@Eric_Babula said:
    I'm not really a Buffalo collector. But, seeing that 36-S is making me want to be one!!! That's the kind of toning I love! Wish I had some like that! I also like your Morgans. Is the 1896's blue really that soft and light in hand, or is it darker? I'd love to have one like that one!

Hi Eric,
    The 1896 trueview is pretty spot on, I'd say. It is mostly light blue.

The "buffalo date run" thread will not help you stave off your newfound feelings for buffalo nickels!
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1018380/buffalo-pics-date-run-counting-down-1938-1913#latest

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins and good eye! All look pretty darn nice. It's a little frustrating since I have 3 packages-2 Regular and 1 Express that were marked "In Process" on 4/17 and not one has been graded. Grrr.

Tom

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@clarkbar04 said:

@Eric_Babula said:

Hi Eric,
    The 1896 trueview is pretty spot on, I'd say. It is mostly light blue.

The "buffalo date run" thread will not help you stave off your newfound feelings for buffalo nickels!
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1018380/buffalo-pics-date-run-counting-down-1938-1913#latest

I don't know you yet, but......You b@strd!!! Now look what you've done! I'm going to have to get me some Buffs like these!!!

I do love the Blue Morgan, too!

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

The usual good eye, and the blue Morgan sweeter than most B)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file