NEW DIME DESIGNS BEGIN FOR 2020

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Ten new designs will replace the traditional Roosevelt Dime beginning next year." according to CoinDreck Magazine. "Ten dimes will be released every two months with rotating obverse and reverse designs honoring rivers and waterways throughout the United States. Each side will feature a babbling brook, a riverbank, or waterfall." "We asked mint director David Wyder why ten? His response? Well, it is a dime." The new program will last for ten years for a total of 600 new dime designs.

Comments

  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This post is exactly 2 weeks too late.

    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 7/2013- 1983 No-S Proof Set
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is this true or a joke? Just wondering because its hard to believe.


    Later, Paul.
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cmerlo1 said:
    This post is exactly 2 weeks too late.

    I agree, but on the heels of the new quarter designs proposal...I couldn't help it.

    @Stooge said:
    Is this true or a joke? Just wondering because its hard to believe.

    Just parody Bob. (PM me too, I owe you a coin!)

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Would be awesome if it were true.


    Later, Paul.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BillJones said:

    @Stooge said:
    Would be awesome if it were true.

    Do you have an insatiable desire for new coins, even when they are nothing but collector trash? After a while “The Red Book” will have to either as big as an old time New York City phone book or leave out more of what constitutes a U.S. coin, which it has already started to do. Enough is enough will of this foolishness which more than a few of us don’t want. The U.S. Mint System should not become a replacement for the Franklin Mint.

    Bill, I can take it or leave it.
    I collect Roosevelt dimes. I don't have any of the new W quarters, nor do I want them. I'm not chasing any of the new quarters, nor have I chased the nickels and cents from a few yrs. ago. I could care less, but I do collect dimes. I've been wanting the dime to be redesigned for over 10yrs now and spoke directly to both Illinois Senators a couple of yrs ago in person and begged them to introduce a bill to redesign the dime. They won't do it. I'm happy to collect my 2 specimens a yr, but if there were going to be several new designs, it would bolster the collecting bug back into the dime. You know the dime right? The denomination that no one really cares about.

    BTW, the entire dead President theme should be thrown away and bring back anything else to our coins, including the higher relief. Now wouldn't that be nice.


    Later, Paul.
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Man, you got me...

    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019 4:18PM

    @Stooge said:

    @BillJones said:

    @Stooge said:
    Would be awesome if it were true.

    Do you have an insatiable desire for new coins, even when they are nothing but collector trash? After a while “The Red Book” will have to either as big as an old time New York City phone book or leave out more of what constitutes a U.S. coin, which it has already started to do. Enough is enough will of this foolishness which more than a few of us don’t want. The U.S. Mint System should not become a replacement for the Franklin Mint.

    Bill, I can take it or leave it.
    I collect Roosevelt dimes. I don't have any of the new W quarters, nor do I want them. I'm not chasing any of the new quarters, nor have I chased the nickels and cents from a few yrs. ago. I could care less, but I do collect dimes. I've been wanting the dime to be redesigned for over 10yrs now and spoke directly to both Illinois Senators a couple of yrs ago in person and begged them to introduce a bill to redesign the dime. They won't do it. I'm happy to collect my 2 specimens a yr, but if there were going to be several new designs, it would bolster the collecting bug back into the dime. You know the dime right? The denomination that no one really cares about.

    BTW, the entire dead President theme should be thrown away and bring back anything else to our coins, including the higher relief. Now wouldn't that be nice.

    I agree that changing the design is overdue after 73 years, but changing it every couple of months is ridiculous. The new quarter program has been a dud. Few care about it. We don’t need another program like that, especially when it’s laced with PC.

    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible.
  • ErrorsOnCoinsErrorsOnCoins Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019 4:17PM

    I personally LIKE all the new different designs on the quarters.

    Plus some are extremely RARE .....

  • You lost me with ALL CAPS.

  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Some_of_it said:
    You lost me with ALL CAPS.

    Darn, I wondered if I shouldn't have used all caps.

  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I read CoinDreck all the time. They typically cover everything in my collection.

    On the other hand, I've come to the decision that CoinDreck would make a great CU Username. If I ever need an alt...

  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @BackroadJunkie said:
    I read CoinDreck all the time. They typically cover everything in my collection.

    On the other hand, I've come to the decision that CoinDreck would make a great CU Username. If I ever need an alt...

    I'll be watching for you CoinDreck!!!!!!

  • rickoricko Posts: 65,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This should have been posted on April 1.... And though the mint is looking for ways to boost collector interest, I do not think this will be one of the projects.... :D Cheers, RickO

  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wish they would put something out there that I would like to collect

  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    This should have been posted on April 1..

    I know ricko, I'm late....what can I say? I only thought of it after reading about a third round of quarter designs and of course the Innobucks that will change every few months too. I can't keep track of all the new designs..... I used to think new designs were basically for commemoratives, not regular issued coinage.

Sign In or Register to comment.