Comments

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

@lawnmowerman said:
    Favrefan1971
    Pandrews

I miss Perry, Matt.

I remember he was posting some political stuff on someone's FB a long time ago.

On winpitcher - he contacts me from time to time - he still pitches and wins - so he's pretty much my hero. I believe he's pretty much out of the hobby so no longer wants to post "from the sidelines" - I guess?

WinPitcher was a pain in the ass....had many battles with him and I won them all....chaz

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019 2:33AM

Someone beat me to it, but I was going to mention:

Storm888 - very knowledgeable on a wide range of topics, knew the legalese of ebay and other entities, posts were always nicely written

Rube - war veteran, dealt in militaria, friendly

Saberman (formerly Hoopster, formerly SkinPinch) - knew a lot about sabermetrics and player analysis

Nice to see Tennessebanker. I did brief business with him regarding a Mattingly rookie card many years ago. I still have that card (Yes, it did rise in value about 3 fold since that time).

Does anyone know what happened to the three guys I mentioned. I think Storm888 was also part of Matt's CardBoardTalk forum website some years back as well. I know that the website is no longer operational.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019 3:01AM

I definitely miss Stown, Barry was hilarious! How about “TNTonPMS” Anthony? I think his name was? The funniest guys ever to come undone here we’re Plifter and Teknobailey. Not sure if anyone remembers those guys but their fallout was epic! Then there was MICHIGAN who always reported stories and never really got into the commentary. And my old football card friend Ryan “BigDaddyBowman”

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I definitely miss Stown, Barry was hilarious I thought. How about “TNTonPMS” Anthony? I think his name was? The funniest guys ever to come undone here we’re Plifter and Teknobailey. Not sure if anyone remembers those guys but their fallout was epic!....................

Not remember them? How could anyone forget?

• Options

Nick you did the best photo shop of Plifter 😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

He was a competitive power lifter or something (hence the ID plifter) and posted that picture himself Paul, I just saved it. Sadly for him there's no photo shopping there.

Now if you want to talk about photo shopping hall of fame, this one of Matt and Bill is a top candidate. I wish i could remember who did the photo shopping. Maybe Doran (HeritageAddict) or Jeff (barfvader).

• Options

That is a classic! I don’t remember that for some reason, the Plifter photo I was talking about was actually not a photo shop, you just added some commentary to it, something about him crying about his Ruth card 😂

• Options

@perkdog said:
    That is a classic! I don’t remember that for some reason, the Plifter photo I was talking about was actually not a photo shop, you just added some commentary to it, something about him crying about his Ruth card 😂

Yes, I did edit out the commentary. I'm trying to be a kinder and gentler Nick. :)

• Options

Got it! 😂

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@perkdog said:

He was a competitive power lifter or something (hence the ID plifter) and posted that picture himself Paul, I just saved it. Sadly for him there's no photo shopping there.

Now if you want to talk about photo shopping hall of fame, this one of Matt and Bill is a top candidate.

I can't believe I forgot about this one lmao. I think it was Doran that did it.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish some of these people would come back and liven things up a little. Sometimes this place could use a Saturday night special. A little doosy.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I wish some of these people would come back and liven things up a little. Sometimes this place could use a Saturday night special. A little doosy.

Well Lawnmowerman and nam being back is a step in the right direction 👍

• Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@perkdog said:

Now if you want to talk about photo shopping hall of fame, this one of Matt and Bill is a top candidate. I wish i could remember who did the photo shopping. Maybe Doran (HeritageAddict) or Jeff (barfvader).

LOL!!!

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

What a sweet picture.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

EagleEyeKid said:
    What a sweet picture.

You know I'm sexy af

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

EagleEyeKid said:
    What a sweet picture.

You know I'm sexy af

No, just the af.

• Options

@lawnmowerman said:

EagleEyeKid said:
    What a sweet picture.

You know I'm sexy af

Especially with a hospital mask on. I know I have that one here somewhere too. lol