Home U.S. Coin Forum

Authentic 1937 3 legged buffal nickel?

Authentic 1937 3 legged buffal nickel?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 6:19PM

It's a real counterfeit.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, and did I mention that your other coins are fakes as well?

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake. :/

And as AUandAG stated the half is fake too.

How many other coins do you have? Where have you been getting them?

• Actually the others are real i copper electroplated them

@AUandAG said:

@AUandAG said:

@AUandAG said:

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 6:32PM
  • davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours is a fake - the following is a link to die markers on both sides that should be seen on authentic

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1007887/frequently-seen-die-markers-on-authentic-1937-d-3-leggers

• I hope you judged the Buffalo nickel being fake better than you did the actual real ones

@pawnpower said:
    I hope you judged the Buffalo nickel being fake better than you did the actual real ones

So far everybody can see it's a fake. We are not the ones asking the question or showing off our cheap knock-off counterfeit.
    Is there a real question here?

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Chinese counterfeit.

• Your an idiot, the question was clearly stated...is the buffalo nickel real or fake I need help, sorry I hurt your pride, but your added input was false, nevertheless the other coins were not the ones in question

" the other coins were not the ones in question "

Why would you include altered coins that could easily be confused with fakes in your photo with a fake buffalo?

It could seem like you are not looking for productive answers.
    The fact that you would come here and call anyone an idiot proves you have the IQ of a goldfish.

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    " the other coins were not the ones in question "

Why would you include altered coins that could easily be confused with fakes in your photo with a fake buffalo?

It could seem like you are not looking for productive answers.
    The fact that you would come here and call anyone an idiot proves you have the IQ of a goldfish.

Because they do not know how to crop a picture or image the coin in question to take up most of the field? It could be much better having a fuzzy moon shot so they can call everyone fools?

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is fake, hope you have a return option.

Collector, occasional seller

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pawnpower said:
    I hope you judged the Buffalo nickel being fake better than you did the actual real ones

It's been altered. The leg has been removed. Nothing more to say.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

@BuffaloIronTail said:

@pawnpower said:

Pete

From small pic, it looks to me like die struck. Just a plain old poor fake.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pawnpower said:
    Your an idiot, the question was clearly stated...is the buffalo nickel real or fake I need help, sorry I hurt your pride, but your added input was false, nevertheless the other coins were not the ones in question

Actually, the "poll" was mostly confusing. The first answer was a question. The second answer was a call for help.

Welcome to the boards!

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:

@pawnpower said:

Pete

From small pic, it looks to me like die struck. Just a plain old poor fake.

I agree. It looks like a counterfeit, not a genuine coin with a leg that’s been removed.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Struck counterfeit from China.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Pedro! Bienvenido de nuevo amigo.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

counterfeit, looks like some of that Alibaba key date counterfeits

I had a guy come into the shop about a year ago with a whole handful of key date coins he bought at half price. When I told him he was fake he went flying back down to sc to get his money back, low and behold the guy was long gone

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

This forum has really went downhill. The new posters as of late have been nothing but garbage.
    What a shame...

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a fake Buff...seems a shame when new posters become belligerent after requesting and receiving expert input. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    Definitely a fake Buff...seems a shame when new posters become belligerent after requesting and receiving expert input. Cheers, RickO

It is a shame. However, in this thread, it appears that the OP was also told that a different genuine coin was counterfeit and that his countertfeit three legged nickel had a leg removed - thus implying that the coin was genuine. So while comments from older posters were well intentioned, I can somewhat understand the OP’s less than wonderful attitude. More than one poster to this thread has been rude.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the above poster. The point of the forum is to teach new members and us old guys too. If a coin that's posted is fake it's more educational to explain why and provide reference material to learn by as davewesen did above. All the name calling and personal attacks discourage participation by new collectors.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • @ifthevamzarockin said:
    The OP started a poll that has no answer. First answer is a question the second option is also somewhat of a question and asking for help. Almost like a question that has no answer just for a chance to be combative. Then they post other coins that are altered and have the appearance of a non genuine coin along with an easy to spot counterfeit. Seems like another chance to add confusion, draw less than productive comments & be combative. Folks responded without attacking the poster but rather pointing out what they were seeing. The OP comes back with what could be considered a snide remark of "I hope you judged the Buffalo nickel being fake better than you did the actual real ones" and then follows up with "Your an idiot". It seems the OP was the first one calling names and being combative & rude. Where is the OP's responsibility in keeping things on track & friendly? Couldn't the OP simply said "thanks for the comments" and left it at that? The OP derailed his own thread and somehow it is everyone else that is getting blamed for the problem. I don't think that a new member that starts name calling within their first few post on the site are looking for productive answers, that seems a little more like trolling to me. The OP was not here to learn anything, they know what they have.

Just my 2 cents.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/people-look-like-their-dogs-study_n_5838278
    Too bad they don't get there Intelligence as well, I might have as well went to a pet shop and asked the dog to help out, with your shitty attitude im going to see if i can size you up....Id say your late 40's, living at home with mom oooh about 300lbs or more playing with your coin collection that worth 50 bucks or so...making you the forum expert,when your not studying your coins your online playing call of duty or world of Warcraft stuffing your face with Cheetos and hot pockets... how did i do, nailed it right. Dont strain yourself and try to come back with something you believe is witty, I will be getting the hell of this forum cant deal with assholes like you

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! :D

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

RE:
    "Amputation of bison legs is not recommended by the American Bison Association."

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real or fake..Please help

Fake👎

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@ricko said:

It is a shame. However, in this thread, it appears that the OP was also told that a different genuine coin was counterfeit and that his countertfeit three legged nickel had a leg removed - thus implying that the coin was genuine. So while comments from older posters were well intentioned, I can somewhat understand the OP’s less than wonderful attitude. More than one poster to this thread has been rude.

Yes. Sadly true.

Some of our ill-mannered regulars cannot simply ignore posts or refrain from commenting.

• LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the same person that keeps showing up with different names just to cause commotion?

Sometimes two different accounts so he/she/it can agree with themself and prove everyone else is sub-par?

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    A Chinese counterfeit.

Or a guy with a dremel tool. The image is so small how can a guy tell?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 11:55AM

An authenticator I know likes to answer the "Is it real or fake question" in this way: Yes, the piece is real; however, it is not a genuine coin.

See the second post in the thread. He is not the person but his post reminded me of this answer.

@crazyhounddog said:

@koynekwest said:
    A Chinese counterfeit.

Or a guy with a dremel tool. The image is so small how can a guy tell?

The detail and surface texture look wrong and there look to be some raised areas under the buffalo.

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be Heather's golf day.

• kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

The picture isn't that bad.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 1:24PM

Life is too short.
    Be careful of the door on exiting.

@pawnpower said:
    Your an idiot, the question was clearly stated...is the buffalo nickel real or fake I need help, sorry I hurt your pride, but your added input was false, nevertheless the other coins were not the ones in question

Too bad they don't get there Intelligence as well, I might have as well went to a pet shop and asked the dog to help out, with your shitty attitude im going to see if i can size you up....Id say your late 40's, living at home with mom oooh about 300lbs or more playing with your coin collection that worth 50 bucks or so...making you the forum expert,when your not studying your coins your online playing call of duty or world of Warcraft stuffing your face with Cheetos and hot pockets... how did i do, nailed it right. Dont strain yourself and try to come back with something you believe is witty, I will be getting the hell of this forum cant deal with assholes like you

 Flag

 Quote ·  Agree  Like  2LOL

• BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake all the way!

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! The new forum member "pawnpower" only lasted 7 posts before he was banned. Is this a new record?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's unanimous, according to the poll results so far, 100% of forum members have voted this coin is truly B) Real or Fake.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file