When will silver hit $20 / oz?

topstuftopstuf Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

When do you think silver will make it to $20 ?

When will silver hit $20 / oz? 59 votes

This year
5% 3 votes
Within 2 years
30% 18 votes
3 years
25% 15 votes
5-7 years
23% 14 votes
10-20 years
6% 4 votes
20+
5% 3 votes
Nope.
3% 2 votes

Comments

  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Unfortunately, the majority with these type of inquiries, are seldom correct.

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I voted 5-7 yrs, but it'll probably happen after I'm dead !!! ;)

    Timbuk3
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭

    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    did the dollar collapse at the all time high?

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • rte592rte592 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

    Let's see
    Calculating 2+4 more years with the current government....then depending on civil unrest= xx $$.
    YMMV.
    Buy what you like when you like :)

  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 3:33PM

    When confidence in the banking system and its controllers declines. Precious metal prices reflect confidence in the monetary system. Re: 2009.

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:
    When confidence in the banking system and its controllers declines. Precious metal prices reflect confidence in the monetary system. Re: 2009.

    Are you saying it won't happen in our lifetime? ;)

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 6:38PM

    @OPA said:

    @derryb said:
    When confidence in the banking system and its controllers declines. Precious metal prices reflect confidence in the monetary system. Re: 2009.

    Are you saying it won't happen in our lifetime? ;)

    I'm telling you when it will happen. If you die tomorrow, then yes, it will not happen in your lifetime.

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

    If these kinds of polls are mostly wrong, then maybe the correct answer is in 7+ years. Silver will reach $20/oz based on inflation alone sometime in the not distant future. To reach $50/oz might be within a generation, though.

    DeutscherGeist

    "Where the mind leads, the body will follow" --Don Mattingly

    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

    Collect:
    Mattingly/Yankees
    80's/90's Baseball Stars
    Non-Sports: Superman, Garbage Pail Kids

    BST: Tennessebanker
  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 6:57PM

    @DeutscherGeist said:
    If these kinds of polls are mostly wrong, then maybe the correct answer is in 7+ years. Silver will reach $20/oz based on inflation alone sometime in the not distant future. To reach $50/oz might be within a generation, though.

    Yet in under two years silver went from less than $15 to $48. While PMs offer protection from inflation it will have nothing to do with new highs just as it didn't in 2011. Two years of digesting the realization of a banking system on life support drove silver up. Excellent PR work (fake news) to re-establish temporary confidence drove it back down.

    The FED just slammed on the brakes and reversed course and said no more rate hikes this year. Tells me that even they are losing confidence. So, yes, I'm backing up the truck.

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭

    Good point derryb. Fake news will prevent silver and gold from rising in the future, too, to at least some extent.
    It would not shock me if silver rises in two years, but I just can't bet the house on it either.

    DeutscherGeist

    "Where the mind leads, the body will follow" --Don Mattingly

    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

    Collect:
    Mattingly/Yankees
    80's/90's Baseball Stars
    Non-Sports: Superman, Garbage Pail Kids

    BST: Tennessebanker
  • rickoricko Posts: 65,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I would say 5-7 years... leaning more to the 7 years.... Cheers, RickO

  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    I would say 5-7 years... leaning more to the 7 years.... Cheers, RickO

    7 years would mean only 4% per year. And would be zero return over 10 years


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Let's play, "an ounce of silver or a share of HALO?" for the next 10 years. Disclaimer: have many both

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 22,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

    front in loaded votes in a PM forum. not so surprising.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 1:13PM

    @Baley said:
    Let's play, "an ounce of silver or a share of HALO?" for the next 10 years. Disclaimer: have many both

    They've been running about neck and neck over the last 5 years. Do we hope, or pray, the next 5 will be the same or different?


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

    With ....silver.. it will always be different. >:)

  • BaleyBaley Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cohodk said:

    @Baley said:
    Let's play, "an ounce of silver or a share of HALO?" for the next 10 years. Disclaimer: have many both

    They've been running about neck and neck over the last 5 years. Do we hope, or pray, the next 5 will be the same or different?

    Two horses in a race of 20.
    Imagine if you could cash bets during the race at the track like you can in the financial markets.

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Baley said:

    @cohodk said:

    @Baley said:
    Let's play, "an ounce of silver or a share of HALO?" for the next 10 years. Disclaimer: have many both

    They've been running about neck and neck over the last 5 years. Do we hope, or pray, the next 5 will be the same or different?

    Two horses in a race of 20.
    Imagine if you could cash bets during the race at the track like you can in the financial markets.

    Hmmm....not only having the cake and eating it, but paired with a nice 40 year tawny.


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 481 ✭✭✭

    Within 2 years

  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 40,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My crystal ball is on consignment.

  • MeshMesh Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    what if the the interest rates are lowered and QE continues

  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Mesh said:

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    what if the the interest rates are lowered and QE continues

    This would be the result of a loss of monetary confidence. PMs would respond positively.

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @Mesh said:

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    what if the the interest rates are lowered and QE continues

    This would be the result of a loss of monetary confidence. PMs would respond positively.

    Another question: The Fed's balance sheet was close to $5T when they announced a reversal (selling) a couple years ago. How much did they sell? Where does it stand now? $4T?

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 22,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Feds balance sheet is on the fed res site.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2019 6:04PM

    @VanHalen said:

    @derryb said:

    @Mesh said:

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    what if the the interest rates are lowered and QE continues

    This would be the result of a loss of monetary confidence. PMs would respond positively.

    Another question: The Fed's balance sheet was close to $5T when they announced a reversal (selling) a couple years ago. How much did they sell? Where does it stand now? $4T?

    FED will have to continue buying US debt if previous buyers continue to avoid it. I think we will find that FED balance sheet is irrelevant. It is a black hole that grows on paper to offset the creation of new money. Its one side of the make believe ledger that is used to create real, new money. The FED balance sheet is nothing more than a ledger entry to account for the printing of new money to fund government debt. In the long run it will have the same result as a third world country that simply prints as needed without any concern for keeping the books "balanced." The FED's attempt to reduce it's balance sheet is an effort to delay the day of reckoning. FED balance sheet works like the coolant expansion tank in your car. When the tank fails to return water back to the engine as it cools, then the engine eventually suffers.

    FED balance sheet

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 19,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

    $20 isn't that far of a reach. I'm saying less than 2 years. The world's not very stable right now. Martin Armstrong's blog has some interesting stuff on "rogue waves".

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 18,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

    id say maybe 3 years. ones guess is just as good as another

  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @VanHalen said:

    @derryb said:

    @Mesh said:

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    what if the the interest rates are lowered and QE continues

    This would be the result of a loss of monetary confidence. PMs would respond positively.

    Another question: The Fed's balance sheet was close to $5T when they announced a reversal (selling) a couple years ago. How much did they sell? Where does it stand now? $4T?

    FED will have to continue buying US debt if previous buyers continue to avoid it. I think we will find that FED balance sheet is irrelevant. It is a black hole that grows on paper to offset the creation of new money. Its one side of the make believe ledger that is used to create real, new money. The FED balance sheet is nothing more than a ledger entry to account for the printing of new money to fund government debt. In the long run it will have the same result as a third world country that simply prints as needed without any concern for keeping the books "balanced." The FED's attempt to reduce it's balance sheet is an effort to delay the day of reckoning. FED balance sheet works like the coolant expansion tank in your car. If the tank leaks and fails to return water back to the engine as it cools, then the engine eventually suffers.

    FED balance sheet

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • derrybderryb Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @VanHalen said:

    @derryb said:

    @Mesh said:

    @coinpalice said:
    the only way silver prices will hit the all time high again would be a dollar collapse. probably not in this lifetime. 20/ounce, several years

    what if the the interest rates are lowered and QE continues

    This would be the result of a loss of monetary confidence. PMs would respond positively.

    Another question: The Fed's balance sheet was close to $5T when they announced a reversal (selling) a couple years ago. How much did they sell? Where does it stand now? $4T?

    FED will have to continue buying US debt if previous buyers continue to avoid it. I think we will find that FED balance sheet is irrelevant. It is a black hole that grows on paper to offset the creation of new money. Its one side of the make believe ledger that is used to create real, new money. The FED balance sheet is nothing more than a ledger entry to account for the printing of new money to fund government debt. In the long run it will have the same result as a third world country that simply prints as needed without any concern for keeping the books "balanced." The FED's attempt to reduce it's balance sheet is an effort to delay the day of reckoning. FED balance sheet works like the coolant expansion tank in your car. If the tank leaks and fails to return water back to the engine as it cools, then the engine eventually suffers.

    FED balance sheet

    When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals.

  • ARCOARCO Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭

    Later than sooner.

Sign In or Register to comment.