Home Precious Metals
Options

Kudos to Provident Metals

astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been trading with Provident Metals for a while and have always been impressed by their quality and service. That is, well, until recently. Uncharacteristically, a few orders of 90% I placed came back either a tiny bit short, contained clad coinage, or ... heaven forbid ... contained Canadian coins. :o

It was nothing to cause too much worry, but still it was slightly irritating and just plain wrong. I contacted the folks at Provident Metals by responding to the shipping notices, but did not get a response. I then reached out to customer service and got a prompt response (apparently nobody was monitoring the other email). The polite response I received was apologetic and told me they would send out replacements in the next couple of days. Three days later, the replacements arrived in my mailbox. That's great customer service!

Thanks Provident Metals!

Numismatist Ordinaire
See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad they made you whole, but proactive quality control would limit the need for reactive customer service.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Similar experience with APMEX.

Received an ASE with some unnecessary peripheral toning in a stack I bought (was building a few birthday/year presents). Called. Received RMA sent it back and received replacement. Quick and easy.

Agree with @derryb, but I am glad that there is great customer service if there is an issue. And good to hear that Provident is the same @astrorat.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had many excellent purchases at Provident with in the last couple of years for silver, gold and Palladium. Top-notch customer service and speed of delivery.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

great now they are going to get swelled heads and start slacking off :(

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019 7:36PM

@MilesWaits said:
    I have had many excellent purchases at Provident with in the last couple of years for silver, gold and Palladium. Top-notch customer service and speed of delivery.

Likewise...but I stopped using them, along with APMEX & JMbullion, when they started assessing State sales tax. I use sellers, for the most part, that do not charge me a sales tax. (when buying PM related items, 6% makes a difference)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@MilesWaits said:

Likewise...but I stopped using them, along with APMEX & JMbullion, when they started assessing State sales tax. I use sellers, for the most part, that do not charge me a sales tax. (when buying PM related items, 6% makes a difference)

I went into a new coin store the other day and bought 2 coins and the owner charged me tax and wrote an actual receipt even though I paid cash. What is this world coming too lately?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@OPA said:

@MilesWaits said:

I went into a new coin store the other day and bought 2 coins and the owner charged me tax and wrote an actual receipt even though I paid cash. What is this world coming too lately?

TIme to move? ;)

Or get the law changed for your State when it comes to PM.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay, great news to hear !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is good to post positive customer service experiences here.... helps others to select suppliers with known good service... Of course, the opposite is also true - and helpful as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

good info to have and a good story to