Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about the Long Beach Expo - June 6-8 (Thu, Fri, and Sat) ** WHO's GOING? **

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 12, 2019 11:04AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm pondering a one day visit to this show in June. It's been at least 4 or 5 years since I've made this one. Always liked this show.

In your opinion, which would be the best day to attend? I'm not really interested in any of the auctions, talks, etc. I'm more interested in the best bourse situation. I assume it would not be the last day (Saturday), as dealers will likely be bugging out early.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Dave

longbeachexpo.com/

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm usually there on Friday. And the refrain I hear from most of the dealers is: "It was busier yesterday".

So, if you want easy access to tables: Friday.
    If you want to see the "buzz", and get first crack: Thursday.

And, you are right, Saturday is usually a disappointment. By noon, it looks like moving day at any small college. :)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best: Thursday (not counting Set Up Wednesday for dealers)

Next: Friday

Next: Sept.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options

Thanks for the advice. Well...since I couldn't decide, I decided to go both Thurs and Friday. Hoping to see some fresh Barber material!

The show is just a little over 3 weeks away. Next question...WHO'S GOING???

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, best is Thursday but I can’t go until Saturday :( and it’s also pretty quiet on Sat. See everyone there!

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope to see several reports of this usually great coin show.... Check for bullion movement, hot mint sets and other activity that comes to attention....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FredWeinberg said:

+1

I’ll be there Thursday.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will be there at table 448 the entire show.

Usually PCGS sends an invitation to the registry members that includes free early bird admission on Wednesday during set up. Might want to keep an eye out for that if that interests you. Otherwise, Thursday or Friday will be fine. You won't like Saturday.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to go Thursday -- mostly because I'd rather avoid Friday traffic.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a week left until the show... anyone else going to join us?

:smile:

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I will join you mainly to keep an eye on you from table 549.

@illini420 said:
    Just a week left until the show... anyone else going to join us?

:smile:

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there at my usual table 848 - see you all there!

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there... Booth #1040
    LBCC

• Options

I'll be there at my regular table, #633, with a few cases of mint error coins. Looking forward to it!

www.sullivannumismatics.com Dealer in Mint Error Coins.
  • Options

Only 4 days away! Can’t wait!

Dave

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will try to make it Thursday.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    StratStrat Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I'm taking advantage of the PCGS offer for an early pass for registry set members, so I will there Wednesday and Friday as well. See you all at the show!

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

My table # 833 -- I'll have my mint errors and a few
    other interesting items as well.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FredWeinberg said:

POTD :#

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file