Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Panama-Pacific

santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t start many threads but I had to show off this new arrival. Please post your Panama-Pacifics!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet!

They are on my short list to acquire.

Undervalued me thinks.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@santinidollar said:
    I don’t start many threads but I had to show off this new arrival. Please post your Panama-Pacifics!

One of my favorite U.S. series: both the silver and gold PanPac coins

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wish I had one to post.... Perhaps soon... I, of course, have always liked the $50 octagonal slug... But I like all gold... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019 3:01AM

Beautiful gold, same quality as the regular coin issues of the early 20th century, the pinnacle of our coin designs

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoledandCreative - I like that you have these. I don't like what was done to them. In your hands they won't endure any further abuse.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. Doesn't work at all. If you send it to me I'll be happy to dispose of it properly.

( it's a jaw dropping beauty )

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my Certificate of Attendance:

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one on the way to me from heritage... hope to post it in a dew days!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

10 to 1 it's got toning.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@jwitten said:

10 to 1 it's got toning.

How'd you guess??? Just arrived!

• Options
    KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

Wow some beautiful coins there. I have a deep admiration for Panama as my great grandfather moved his family from NJ to panama to help build the canal which is where my father grew up.

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally, commems do nothing for me. The Pan-Pacs are a notable exception. Ever since I saw a photo of the $50 slug as a kid, I've been intrigued by the entire series. Don't own any yet but "yet" is the key word...

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KeithMS70 said:
    Wow some beautiful coins there. I have a deep admiration for Panama as my great grandfather moved his family from NJ to panama to help build the canal which is where my father grew up.

Did you great-grandfather happen to get one of these medals and hangers? It was awarded to the workers who put in two or more years. These awards are hard to find. According the last Steve Tannenbaum, family members tend to hold on to them.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill I hunted for a Panama service medal when I was collecting Lincolniana - since VDB designed it and it led ultimately to our Lincoln cent. Never did find one. Beautiful and very significant.

• Options

@billjones I’ll have to ask my dad and uncle. I’ll keep you posted

• Options

I just got off the phone with my dad. It was actually my great great dad father that moved the family down there although my great grandfather did work on the canal as well. He’s going to call my uncle later to see if he has one.

• Options

It’s a beautiful medal. Thanks so much for sharing. I’ll keep you guys undated later today

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@Bullsitter said:

@jwitten said:

10 to 1 it's got toning.

How'd you guess??? Just arrived!

That is a nice one!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file