Genuine- Altered surfaces

Trade $'s
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is severely polished and I'm amazed so few can tell

yup

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is another picture of what might be the same coin, posted to another thread. The coin looks quite different from the pictures in this thread - neither polished nor gemmy.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO, not the same coin.

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

As many have said, the coin does not look right and they are correct. The image has been manipulated digitally. It is not the lighting and it has not been physically altered. The only doctoring done here has been to the pixels that are presented to you. I've been working in Photoshop long enough to spot the tell tale signs of the magic healing brush and cloning tool.

I just came across this post after seeing the one regarding the 1883-CC GSA Morgan Dollar.

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Realone said:

@OriginalDan said:
    It’s real....and it’s spectacular.

Very helpful to the newbies here. Glad you you realize that.

Show me where I’m wrong.

Also...not a Seinfeld fan?

@jtlee321 said:
    As many have said, the coin does not look right and they are correct. The image has been manipulated digitally. It is not the lighting and it has not been physically altered. The only doctoring done here has been to the pixels that are presented to you. I've been working in Photoshop long enough to spot the tell tale signs of the magic healing brush and cloning tool.

I just came across this post after seeing the one regarding the 1883-CC GSA Morgan Dollar.

What would be very interesting is for someone to image a large coin (before) and then alter the image (after).

• zippyzipzippyzip Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 7:07PM

@jtlee321 said:

Utter foolishness. You can't prove at all what you are accusing this new member of doing. Did he also make those other cool holders and coins out of thin air? If you want to see a digitally altered coin, take a look at your avatar. It is a totally juiced joke. Do not throw stones in a glass house and the rules around here say, NO MORE BULLYING NEW MEMBERS.

But if that is not bad enough, take a look at @jtlee321 image from his website. I have never seen a more juiced/altered image in my life.

PS, added, don't you think the "PRO" would have at least removed the hairs on his image before snapping and juicing them?

edited March 19, 2019 7:14PM

@Realone said:

@jtlee321 said:

Thank you for being clear and sincere. Obviously the op is screwing around with he members here for his own nefarious reasons, what else is new.

You were banned in the past for similar unwarranted attacks. You have done nothing but bully this new member right from the start. He has acted like a perfect Gentleman in spite of the attacks here.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Yo. Who is this guy? ^^^

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

@MFeld said:
    Here is another picture of what might be the same coin, posted to another thread. The coin looks quite different from the pictures in this thread - neither polished nor gemmy.

Same coin? You must be kidding? Not sure what your agenda is here but you are also one who has been attacking this member non-stop.

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@jtlee321 said:

What would be very interesting is for someone to image a large coin (before) and then alter the image (after).

I will do just that. I should have some images to post by morning. Assuming this and the other Morgan Dollar thread don't go poof before then. ;)

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 12:03AM

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 4:09AM

@zippyzip said:

@MFeld said:

Same coin? You must be kidding? Not sure what your agenda is here but you are also one who has been attacking this member non-stop.

I have no agenda and I believe I commented on two coins posted by the gentleman. One was the Trade dollar, which based on the other images posted, I stated that I didn’t think it looked at all original. The other was the GSA dollar, about which I opined I thought it would be unfair to the coin to grade it 65. My point was that I thought some posters were grading it too conservatively.

I did not attack the member at all and there was nothing resembling “non-stop” about my comments.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

He is a troll who stole @Insider2 's old avatar after successfully getting insider banned for arguing with him. Very classy of him.

@jwitten said:

@ECHOES said:

He is a troll who stole @Insider2 's old avatar after successfully getting insider banned for arguing with him. Very classy of him.

@HeatherBoyd Heather. Please notice the bullying in this thread of the new member by @jtlee321 @Realone and of course, the comment above. @jtlee321 is also doing the same in another thread. I was under the impression this was no longer allowed here, in very clear terms. Thank You.

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zippyzip
    Grow up - no reason to flag these folks, this is like a sandbox feuds in kindergarten ..running to Heather?
    Seriously?
    This is an ongoing discussion with good rebuttals, the OP posted here, he's supposedly new.
    He needs to know, experts will question him out, and should have not posted if he did not want comments on all spectrum's positive or negative.
    This forum has solid expertise, and is known for that.
    Actually, to really be done with this we need the OP to send this in for grading.

I am very happy to be banned for defending a new member who appears to be polite and a Gentleman, as long as the instigators are taken along for the ride.

@marcmoish said:
    @zippyzip
    Grow up - no reason to flag these folks, this is like a sandbox feuds in kindergarten ..running to Heather?
    Seriously?
    This is an ongoing discussion with good rebuttals, the OP posted here, he's supposedly new.
    He needs to know, experts will question him out, and should have not posted if he did not want comments on all spectrum's positive or negative.
    This forum has solid expertise, and is known for that.
    Actually, to really be done with this we need the OP to send this in for grading.

All out attack based on foolishness. NO ONE can be positive a coin is what it is without holding it. NO ONE. They need to stop the bullying. Who are you to tell the member what he needs to do with his coins?

@jwitten said:

@ECHOES said:

I believe you were banned but let back in after promising to behave. This is an uncalled for personal attack on me, and is not based on fact. @HeatherBoyd

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    @jtlee321
    Impressive rebuttal
    👍

You were also warned about bullying when you started an entire thread about new members. Here you are still stirring the pot. @HeatherBoyd

Oh Lordy. I'm not even going to be drawn into the mud slinging, and I hope no one else is. I've actually been messaging the OP about a few of his coins. I think people have the right to be inquisitive about some of his postings. He is a tough cookie to read so far. I think there is very good proof that some of the pictures have been doctored. By him? Not necessarily. I've noticed some of his pictures have different styles, which I take to mean he did not take all the pictures.

Let me ask a question? If I were to block a member, then nothing she posts will appear in a thread I read. But all the other members will still see her comments. Can the person I block still see my posts in the thread?

Next, if several very active members happen to do the same thing I did and block her posts, no one of any consequence will see her posts in a thread, correct?

That does not seem fair. :( If even fifty very active members were to block one member that member would be virtually ostracized.

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OwenSeymour said:
    That is severely polished and I'm amazed so few can tell

this

Interesting that Pedro was banned. Were they one in the same?

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda creepy reading this knowing three of them is the same guy. :D

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is great to read ZippyZip's comments above after first reading that he was banned for being part of a trolling operation.

My favorite comment was when he said he'd be glad to get banned if he could take down other members with him. (That is exactly what another member ID did last year with the "disagree" wars).

No problem for him to get himself banned - he had other alts ready to go. :D

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PedroP said:
    Gracias, hacen 1877-S prueba?

Adios, amigo! :D

(What's Spanish for troll?)

• dmwestdmwest Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    (What's Spanish for troll?)

el Troll?

Don't quote me on that.

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zippyzip said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    @jtlee321
    Impressive rebuttal
    👍

You were also warned about bullying when you started an entire thread about new members. Here you are still stirring the pot.

;)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pedro: él era un gran troll!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file