Home Sports Talk
Options

OBJ to the Browns

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cleveland is on the verge of being legit

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Giants regretted throwing all that money at him. He's an exceptional talent but a complete head case and often injured. Will be interesting to look back at this deal a few years from now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayfield,Kareem Hunt,OBJ,Landry & Chubb will make for a pretty entertaining offense.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

I think they actually are at this point, like Tim said he does come with some baggage but if he fits in and is motivated being with Landry ( another big mouth ) they could both feed off each other in a positive way. Giving up a 1st & 3rd round pick is a lot but I like what the Browns are trying to do. I’m officially out of the closet and am rooting for them.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Giants fan, I’m so happy to be rid of T.O. 2.0.

Easily one of the most talented players but just doesn’t get ‘it’ and I don’t he ever will. In two years, no matter what, I’d expect to see him holding out, demanding a trade or asking for more money.

I’d honestly have been happy to get some football equipment and a Big Mac so a 1st, 3rd and Jabril Peppers is an incredible haul to me right now.

I am in awe of Dave Gettleman.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well obviously the Giants have something in mind.

We shall see in the draft if it's anything intelligent.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dorsey is for real, knows what he's doing and has a plan. Cleveland has cap money and draft picks to help him. I believe this reunites OBJ and Jarvis Landry, teammates at LSU I think. one thing the move does is free up the Browns to focus almost exclusively on defense with the draft, although my youngest boy just told me Dorsey may try to sign Justin Houston, released by the KC Chiefs.

good things on the horizon for the Browns and their fans. as for OBJ and his "baggage" it wouldn't be the first time that a change of scenery is what was needed for a player. the same might happen with Brown and the Raiders.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    I think the Giants regretted throwing all that money at him. He's an exceptional talent but a complete head case and often injured. Will be interesting to look back at this deal a few years from now.

I’ve never been so delighted to see such an amazing talent traded the F away. Beckham will lead Cleveland as a winner just like he did in NY.

LOL

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    edited March 12, 2019 6:57PM

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

Giving up a 1st & 3rd round pick is a lot but I like what the Browns are trying to do. I’m officially out of the closet and am rooting for them.

They gave up a rising safety too

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

how long does the honeymoon last. when you talk about these big ego guys, you can't deny the talent, but how will it play out on a young Browns team? Either way, glad to see him out of the NFC East

• Options

Beckham can’t handle stress lol

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slightly off topic. Did anyone else feel like me during last year's draft about Cleveland? They had the 1 and 4? if I remember. I truly thought they should have taken Barkley with 1 and whatever their top QB left at 4 was.

• Options

and I was adamant that they shouldn't pick Baker Mayfield. that's why we do what we do and other's like Dorsey are GM's in the NFL.

• Options

It's not an easy call, but just a gut feeling that in the long run, this deal is going to turn out better for the Giants, if the Giants choose correctly in the upcoming draft.

My guess is that the Giants really like an offensive lineman in that 17 spot that they think no other team will grab before them.

Their other higher pick has to be a quarterback. But they didn't do that in the last draft so who knows?

As far as the Browns, i'm not sure if having a second year QB is going to mesh well with someone like Odell Beckham. Beckham with his silly antics may interfere with the focus of a young QB during the games, and could lead to mistakes.

We shall see.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    It's not an easy call, but just a gut feeling that in the long run, this deal is going to turn out better for the Giants, if the Giants choose correctly in the upcoming draft.

My guess is that the Giants really like an offensive lineman in that 17 spot that they think no other team will grab before them.

Their other higher pick has to be a quarterback. But they didn't do that in the last draft so who knows?

As far as the Browns, i'm not sure if having a second year QB is going to mesh well with someone like Odell Beckham. Beckham with his silly antics may interfere with the focus of a young QB during the games, and could lead to mistakes.

We shall see.

I actually agree with Steve here so I should be doing a double take, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Slightly off topic. Did anyone else feel like me during last year's draft about Cleveland? They had the 1 and 4? if I remember. I truly thought they should have taken Barkley with 1 and whatever their top QB left at 4 was.

I thought they should have taken that DE Chubb to bookend with Garrett then grab whatever QB was available. I thought Allen was the best QB to draft.

• Options

reread my post above, 'nuff said.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beckham is a great talent, but I have grown weary with the narcissistic, conceited attitudes of so many top wide recievers.

I think it is pretty clear Rice was the greatest WR in history. I dont recall this type of attitude from him. did this all start with Keyshon Johnson back in 96?

It has really gotten old.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2019 5:39AM

@craig44 said:
    Beckham is a great talent, but I have grown weary with the narcissistic, conceited attitudes of so many top wide recievers.

I think it is pretty clear Rice was the greatest WR in history. I dont recall this type of attitude from him. did this all start with Keyshon Johnson back in 96?

It has really gotten old.

Your close. This link was from 2011. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/792185-nfl-rankings-the-ten-best-and-biggest-wide-receiver-divas-of-all-time#slide0

• Options

you know, its funny. not long after I posted I was reminded of Andre Rison. He was a piece of work. I dont know how I forgot about Irvin. He was full of it too.

I guess I long for players like Rice, Art Monk Marvin Harrison etc. good grief guys, lets act like we have caught passes before and will do it again.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    you know, its funny. not long after I posted I was reminded of Andre Rison. He was a piece of work. I dont know how I forgot about Irvin. He was full of it too.

I guess I long for players like Rice, Art Monk Marvin Harrison etc. good grief guys, lets act like we have caught passes before and will do it again.

You would never know it but Marvin Harrison was a legit gangbanger lol

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

You would never know it but Marvin Harrison was a legit gangbanger lol

A legit, stone cold killer. Crazy, right? Amazing stories about the Philly suburb he’s got on lockdown.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

is that right? I really had no idea. I just watched him on the field from afar and he seemed so unassuming. the antithesis of T. Owen and Chad Johnson.

care to share any of those stories?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

It started when the salaries got huge . And the exposure on TV. Social media just blows it up even higher. Given enough attention , anyone can become a narcissist

• Options
    edited March 13, 2019 7:08AM

It seems that upper tier OL get paid just as much as WR. I dont see the same narcissism from them. One could say that good Offensive Linemen are more important than good Wide Recievers.

• Options

Craig just google Marvin Harrison, there is a bunch of stuff on him and being “Gangsta” shootings ect

• Options

@craig44 said:
    It seems that upper tier OL get paid just as much as WR. I dont see the same narcissism from them.

true , but glory hounds are drawn to certain positions . Wide receivers QB's. On defense cornerbacks and defensive backs somewhat. Lineman is a herd mentality position

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Craig just google Marvin Harrison, there is a bunch of stuff on him and being “Gangsta” shootings ect

holy cow! I just did that. I consider myself to be pretty current with sports and have been following them for 35 years and I had no Idea at all. I am not sure how this escaped me. The guns and shootings. I just cant believe it. It is amazing someone can have such differing personalities during different parts of their life.

• Options

I also read the story about him attacking the ball boy in New York in 2004 I think it was. the report said the team/ball boy almost filed charges. dont know why they didnt, I sure would have.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:
    It seems that upper tier OL get paid just as much as WR. I dont see the same narcissism from them.

true , but glory hounds are drawn to certain positions . Wide receivers QB's. On defense cornerbacks and defensive backs somewhat. Lineman is a herd mentality position

the hot dog mentality right? Neon deion.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

the hot dog mentality right? Neon deion.

The loner positions get the hot dogs. Big plays by receivers make the news , they seek out that attention

• Options

good point bronco

• Options

ESPN and their highlights back in the day had a lot to do with bringing the Diva out of these athletes.

• Options

what has perverted a certain portion of the NFL and fed the narcissism is the League allowing all the celebrations. in a funny sort of way the fans are partially to blame because we enjoy it somewhat and feed the beast. it can really be traced all the way back to the old AFL, which needed to be a bit more "entertaining" to compete, the eventual merger and then players like Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. he might be called the GodFather of EndZone Celebrations.

it went from that to the current BS with an entire Team sitting in the endzone like they're rowing a boat, really ridiculous crap that has gotten old with me. the fallout of all that is the players mentioned in this thread who so many seem to despise. just remember, we created the Monster.

an old quote attributed to Paul Brown when he admonished a player after he scored a Touchdown, maybe it happened and maybe it's a myth: Next time you score a Touchdown act like you've been there before.

• Options

@keets said:
    what has perverted a certain portion of the NFL and fed the narcissism is the League allowing all the celebrations. in a funny sort of way the fans are partially to blame because we enjoy it somewhat and feed the beast. it can really be traced all the way back to the old AFL, which needed to be a bit more "entertaining" to compete, the eventual merger and then players like Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. he might be called the GodFather of EndZone Celebrations.

it went from that to the current BS with an entire Team sitting in the endzone like they're rowing a boat, really ridiculous crap that has gotten old with me. the fallout of all that is the players mentioned in this thread who so many seem to despise. just remember, we created the Monster.

an old quote attributed to Paul Brown when he admonished a player after he scored a Touchdown, maybe it happened and maybe it's a myth: Next time you score a Touchdown act like you've been there before.

THIS. So tired of the end zone crap.

• Options

@keets said:

I don't mean to insult anyone, but sorry to say you really have to be starved for entertainment if you enjoy these absurdly silly end zone celebrations.

The cheerleaders are there for entertainment and that's fine. The mascot running around is fine.

The players are supposed to be there to play football, not be some carnival-circus act.

If I want to see a carnival or circus act, then I'll go visit the carnival or circus when they are in town.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2019 11:20AM

I blame the NFL for allowing these stupid team picture celebrations in the end zone, they did away with the “Fun Bunch” then allow it again and it ofcourse gets way out of control. If a guy wants to celebrate a TD then fine but the team picture thing is nauseating

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2019 11:38AM

With the Steelers losing Bell and Brown and the Ravens going to a run first offense and the Bengals, well they are the Bengals I think the Browns win their division this year. I haven't seen the latest from Vegas on the Browns win/loss projections. If they draft well I wonder if their over/under will be 9.5?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@perkdog said:
    I blame the NFL for allowing these stupid team picture celebrations in the end zone, they did away with the “Fun Bunch” then allow it again and it ofcourse gets way out of control. If a guy wants to celebrate a TD then fine but the team picture thing is nauseating

Yea, I don't mind at all flipping the football over the goal post, or other players with a quick congrats, and all that jazz, and that's fine.

But the orchestrated crap is irritating, and frankly, other than young children, i can't understand who would like this nonsense. and football isn't a game geared for young children.

Again, no insult intended for those who may enjoy this carnival atmosphere entertainment. I guess it will continue so i'll just have to learn to ignore it.

Kneelers and circus acts in the NFL...my how times have changed. :/

• Options

You snowflakes are still whining about celebrations I see. :D Do you pay the players? If the answer is no then change the channel or go get a beer .

• Options

lots of strawberry dakri drinkers in this here thread

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Are you taking DIME's spelling course?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    You snowflakes are still whining about celebrations I see. :D Do you pay the players? If the answer is no then change the channel or go get a beer .

Next up, the players will perform puppet skits for the cupcakes out there who enjoy that sort of thing. 🤣

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@galaxy27 said:

Are you taking DIME's spelling course?

if it has the name of the best QB in the NFL in it, it must be spelled right

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Yea, and to those who enjoy this silly player skit nonsense, a cherry soda is usually more than they can handle. 🤣

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭

I think we can call them the grumpy, old snowflakes at this point.

Robb

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    I think we can call them the grumpy, old snowflakes at this point.

Robb

Yea, and maybe the players can do a flamingo dance in the end zone to liven things up for the cupcakes who delight in such splendid entertainment. 🤣

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    flamingo dance

Is that the one where everyone stands around on one leg and extends their neck?

• Options

cupcakes n cherry soda.....................d-man did my invite to your party get lost in the mail???

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@stevek said:
    flamingo dance

Is that the one where everyone stands around on one leg and extends their neck?

That's the one...and they bob for fish. 🐠

• Options

@bronco2078 Ok I have been called a lot of things here but never a snowflake 😂