Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

These guys could use a grading and authentication service

WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Seinfeld Sues California Classic Car Dealer Over '58 Porsche

Jerry Seinfeld sued a California dealer in classic cars Monday, saying the company has left the comedian stranded in a dispute over whether a 1958 Porsche he sold is authentic.

The suit comes weeks after Seinfeld was sued by a company that says it bought the comedian's Porsche for $1.5 million only to learn it was fake.

In the lawsuit, Seinfeld says he bought the car from European Collectibles for $1.2 million in February 2013. The suit says he relied on the company's certificate of authenticity.

Seinfeld then sold the car in March 2016 to Fica Frio Limited, based in the Channel Islands. Fica Frio, which sued Seinfeld earlier this month, wants to recover the money it spent on the sale and all costs it has incurred.

NBC News Article:
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/Jerry-Seinfeld-Sues-California-Classic-Car-Dealer-Over-58-Porsche-506372211.html

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television

Comments

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Porsche's are really tough to get into a slab -- the spoiler keeps sticking out !

As with other things, misrepresentation or counterfeit status voids any sale except "as is where is."

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 6:21PM

Interesting ...

I have heard about guys turning Fords into late model Edsel convertables (76 produced in 1960), but this is a new one to me.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, I should have such problems. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense to the OP, BUT
    I can think of about 3 million things I care more about than poor Jerry Seinfeld's certification problems. Poor baby.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cameonut said:
    No offense to the OP, BUT
    I can think of about 3 million things I care more about than poor Jerry Seinfeld's certification problems. Poor baby.

The least, he is a college graduate and not a high school dropout like many hollywoodies some people worship.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are fakes in all areas of collecting... from coins, to paintings, to cars, to firearms, to handbags, to shoes and on and on. Where there is profit, there are thieves....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Talk about 1st world problems.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

:s:#:D

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

cute paridise, I like :)

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry should have made sure it came with one of these....................

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seinfield is a big time Porsche collector and European collectables is a big time 356 dealer.good gossip fodder for euro car folks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file