Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay Bucks

Comments

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but what would I have to sell to make it a special offer?

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DiggerJim said:
    Stupid question but do you get Ebay Bucks for selling also?

DiggerJim

Not a stupid question as they have had those promotions in the past but I have not seen one lately.

• Options
    edited February 19, 2019 6:03PM

I learned something new today.

I won an auction last night, received and activated the latest offer this morning, and then I went to pay for the auction afterwards and I got the extra eBay bucks.

So, apparently, the eBay bucks are based on when you pay, not on when you win. So, it pays to delay payment in case a promotion is around the corner.

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@DiggerJim said:
    Stupid question but do you get Ebay Bucks for selling also?

DiggerJim

Not a stupid question as they have had those promotions in the past but I have not seen one lately.

Thanks @JBK

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:

@coinpalice said:
    I think e bay is limiting the amount of promos more then usual. i haven't got one this quarter yet

I did not get this newest one. :(

How do you pronounce your username?
    Coin pa lease
    Coin pa lice
    Coin pal ice
    Coin palace
    Coin police 🚔
    ?
    ;)

I did get the last 2 including this one. at 400 and working at 500

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

I won an auction last night, received and activated the latest offer this morning, and then I went to pay for the auction afterwards and I got the extra eBay bucks.

So, apparently, the eBay bucks are based on when you pay, not on when you win. So, it pays to delay payment in case a promotion is around the corner.

I've thought that before too, but it turned out to not be the case. While paying for an auction I won before it started, it SAID I was earning the extra bucks, but when I later went to my ebay buck page to confirm, it had only given me the normal amount. Here's hoping you got lucky though!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blackhorse360 said:
    I wish you could earn more than $500.00 in ebay bucks at a time

Open an account for your wife.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options

just bought a pre 33 graded gold with a mintage of 25,000. I bought it immediately after it was listed, sometimes it's about being at the right place at the right time

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

I had something similar except that I was sent an offer that I activated the night before and then bought something. Didn't get the bucks. Called them and said that I had activated to soon for the next day promotion.

• Options

Interesting feedback on the next day eBay bucks issue. The calculator at checkout shows the promotion amount but I will have to see if I actually got that.

• Options
    vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I got 8%, up to $100 per item, total of up to $500 for 2/14 & 2/15/2019. I got 4 $20 common MS63 St. Gaudens in PCGS plastic. The $100 per coin bought the cost to less than $100 over melt.

The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vplite said:
    I got 8%, up to $100 per item, total of up to $500 for 2/14 & 2/15/2019. I got 4 $20 common MS63 St. Gaudens in PCGS plastic. The $100 per coin bought the cost to less than $100 over melt.

With respect, that is too much for common 63 Gaudens. You can do better than that on price.

• Options

e bucks promo going on right now until February 26th 11:59 pm pt. 25 dollars minimum spend. 10 percent e bucks using the app, 6 percent online

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    e bucks promo going on right now until February 26th 11:59 pm pt. 25 dollars minimum spend. 10 percent e bucks using the app, 6 percent online

yup. Got it on both my accounts.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019 9:40AM

Figures...I must have prompted the push last night with my recent (not coin related) purchase.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it as well this time. Any solid pre-33 deals you all are seeing?

I bought a cleaned $10 indian for $718 from Apmex but not sure that was the best available deal they were just running low and I didn't have time to explore more.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrrrgh, I paid for a Sunday night win that would have qualified about ten minutes before getting the alert.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

10% in app :)

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best price I see on gold is the 1 oz Comm Arts medals, $20 under melt from Ampex. They also have Roosters and Sov's for just under melt. $10 Libs (cleaned) just under melt. Since gold's up over $100 since fall, prices now aren't as tempting.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    EdtheloraxEdthelorax Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

I did not get the promotion again for 2nd time in a row. I talked to ebay customer service, they said that the promotions should go to all customers. i explained how my settings were wrong before but an ebay rep. fixed my settings for me and I got the next one. I didn't get the last one so this time i contacted them. She said my settings were good and that she could not see where they had sent me the promo. She put a ticket in to IT to check for problems and gave me a 25$ coupon!

If anyone did not get a promo offer, I would check your settings, if they are set to allow offers and specials, contact Ebay.

Thank You guys for alerting me of the promo, otherwise I would have never known.

http://www.silverstocker.com
    Anyone can PM me Any Time about Any thing.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

bonus buck promos do not go out to all eligible members each time they are offered.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭

We received the bucks today for my wife's account. we weren't included in the past 2-3 offerings.

In my account which is much busier, I haven't received an e-bucks offering this year.

Perhaps I received too many offerings to buy and sell in the past quarter?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just called eBay and they confirmed all my settings were fine, but they said I was not "invited" to participate. I asked if there is a criteria like sell a lot or buy a lot, or is it they just don't like me, and he said the promos are sent out "randomly".

Since I never win lotteries either, I guess it is just not my lucky day, or year for that matter. Random discrimination?

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got this one, just cant find anything worth buying. :o

• Options

@Goldminers said:

I just called eBay and they confirmed all my settings were fine, but they said I was not "invited" to participate. I asked if there is a criteria like sell a lot or buy a lot, or is it they just don't like me, and he said the promos are sent out "randomly".

Since I never win lotteries either, I guess it is just not my lucky day, or year for that matter. Random discrimination?

Not random at all. I have 4 accounts. One always gets them, one never gets them, and the other two are hit or miss. There is definitely some algorithm to who gets them, they just don't want to tell you that. My theory is that they don't send them often to accounts that are really active. My main buying and selling accounts hardly ever get them. My other accounts that sit inactive other than during promo offers get them a lot.

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m seeing 6% Bucks upon checkout using the app instead of 10%. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019 6:42AM

Once again but this time is glorious TWO PERCENT!? And likely will be the only offer for the month as it ends 3-31.

• Options
    blackhorse360blackhorse360 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@Goldminers said:

Not random at all. I have 4 accounts. One always gets them, one never gets them, and the other two are hit or miss. There is definitely some algorithm to who gets them, they just don't want to tell you that. My theory is that they don't send them often to accounts that are really active. My main buying and selling accounts hardly ever get them. My other accounts that sit inactive other than during promo offers get them a lot.

May I ask how do you set up 4 accounts? I really would like to know because of the eBay bucks benefits. Do you link all 4 to the same PayPal account? How do you keep ebay from catching that? Thanks

• Options

@blackhorse360 said:

@jwitten said:

@Goldminers said:

May I ask how do you set up 4 accounts? I really would like to know because of the eBay bucks benefits. Do you link all 4 to the same PayPal account? How do you keep ebay from catching that? Thanks

All four use the same paypal account, phone numbers, etc. Not sure why they don't catch it. They probably just don't care, as it is still bringing them tons of revenue.

• Options
    blackhorse360blackhorse360 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@blackhorse360 said:

@jwitten said:

@Goldminers said:

All four use the same paypal account, phone numbers, etc. Not sure why they don't catch it. They probably just don't care, as it is still bringing them tons of revenue.

Good Point!

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like some accounts received the 2% while others got 10%.

• Options

I got the 10 percent, and already found a few things i'm going to bid on. if I don't win I found some buy it now or best offers that I will offers on

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 10% for today/tomorrow, going to check my watch list to see if I want anything.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2019 10:16AM

That 2% is a joke!

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not get that 10% but I got that 2%

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I listed some reasonably priced proof platinum eagles eligible for the bucks offer if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/1madman/m.html?_trksid=p3692

• Options

A barely used account got 2%, and my main buying account got 10%! That's a first.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    A barely used account got 2%, and my main buying account got 10%! That's a first.

I always get the max on all accounts. This time, one account got the 2%, nothing on the others.

• Options

8% on web, 10% in app up now for at least some of us. Probably last of the quarter.

• Options

looks like the 15 percent e bucks promo will not be in March this year like it was last year

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone copy and paste the link to the "Activate Now" url to see if people who didnt get the offer can still activate it by way of the link

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

If you are using the bonus buck offer today, you might want to check the amount credited. I bought 4 identical lots from Apmex and 3 of them showed the correct price and correct eBay Bucks, but the 4th lot had a different price in eBay bucks than on the invoice and they owe me $6.70.

They don't know how or why but she said it may be a system problem. So, unless they just hate me, it could probably happen to anyone.

• Options

Not eligible as I got the 2% the whole month...

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 8% on my computer and 10% on the eBay APP.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone copy and paste the link to the "Activate Now" url to see if people who didnt get the offer can still activate it by way of the link> @Akbeez said:

Thanks but it did not work out

THIS OFFER CAN'T BE ACTIVATED
    You are not qualified for this offer.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used it yesterday on some sovs.

• Options

eBay bucks 8% at the app.

• Options

Back, 10% in app