2019 58th Annual Wilmington Coin Show - this week

Here is information for this years Wilmington Coin Show (I will be setting up as a dealer for the first time so come by and say hello).

Wilmington Coin Show
January 17, 18, 19 2019
10 AM to 6 PM Thursday and Friday
10 AM to 5 PM Saturday

Nur Shrine Temple
198 South DuPont Highway
New Castle, DE 19720

Sponsor is the Wilmington Coin Club, Wilmington, DE

Free youth program on Saturday January 19th between 11AM and 1 PM. Lunch will be provided for the youth attending.

50 dealers (60 tables)
Free admission with registration

Contact - Show Chairman Ken Sammut 610-675-6186 or [email protected]

17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

I wish more kids would join the hobby.

Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001

Comments

  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2019 3:16AM

    I still have my wooden souvenir of the 24th Annual Show. I love the 1985/4 overdate.

    The 1985 Wilmington Coin Show was held in a hotel just off I-95 on Naaman's Road. I was there on this date (January 20) and it was the beginning of one of the worst cold waves of the century. Braved light blowing snow and about 9-degree temperatures to drive to this show. Sad to say for the dealers, it was a quiet morning for attendance, as I recall. For me, all went well - I managed to pick up a key coin I needed for my collection, a 1923-S Standing Liberty Quarter. Paid $400 back then, the dealer was someone who I wasn't familiar with. Just last year I finally submitted this coin for grading and it came back AU-58.

    I guess things could've been worse - the following morning, the temp went down to -14 degrees in Wilmington.


  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Show report please.

  • rickoricko Posts: 64,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Definitely write a show report... include your impressions as a first time dealer.... Good luck with sales... Cheers, RickO

  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    I plan on writing a report and may submit it to The Numismatist or the Numismatic News. I will also write one here.

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019 11:26AM

    Sorry - Duplicate post.

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭

    I am sure it will be twice as nice! :D

  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭

    See ya there

    www.coinsmakecents.com

  • TiborTibor Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭

    @kennytpez
    I hope it goes well for you!! Can't wait for the report. What is the
    focus of your inventory?

  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @COINS MAKE CENTS said:
    See ya there

    Our tables are not that far apart. See you on Thursday morning.

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @Tibor said:
    @kennytpez
    I hope it goes well for you!! Can't wait for the report. What is the
    focus of your inventory?

    High percentage of world coins - several cases, albums, boxes and hundreds of world coin sets. A couple of cases of bullion (my dad's) and a few cases of US coins along with some medals and tokens. On average, about 1400 to 1600 collectors come over the three days. Since it is my first show, I thought I would have a little bit of everything to see what sells. It has taken me well over a hundred hours of show prep. It would be nice to sell a lot but the experience itself is exciting to me.

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019 8:42PM

    @kennytpez said:

    @Tibor said:
    @kennytpez
    I hope it goes well for you!! Can't wait for the report. What is the
    focus of your inventory?

    High percentage of world coins - several cases, albums, boxes and hundreds of world coin sets. A couple of cases of bullion (my dad's) and a few cases of US coins along with some medals and tokens. On average, about 1400 to 1600 collectors come over the three days. Since it is my first show, I thought I would have a little bit of everything to see what sells. It has taken me well over a hundred hours of show prep. It would be nice to sell a lot but the experience itself is exciting to me.

    Sounds Like you have a nice inventory. How many showcases do you have? Just curious cause for your first show it sounds like you have an amazing inventory!

    www.coinsmakecents.com

  • goldengolden Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wishing you the very best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've been going to that show for the last couple of years.
    I'll be going Friday if the roads aren't to bad, if they are I'll go Saturday.

    Positive BST Transactions with:

    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette

    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst,DMWJR,
    lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin
  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @golden said:
    Wishing you the very best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

    Thank you very much!

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @COINS MAKE CENTS said:

    @kennytpez said:

    @Tibor said:
    @kennytpez
    I hope it goes well for you!! Can't wait for the report. What is the
    focus of your inventory?

    High percentage of world coins - several cases, albums, boxes and hundreds of world coin sets. A couple of cases of bullion (my dad's) and a few cases of US coins along with some medals and tokens. On average, about 1400 to 1600 collectors come over the three days. Since it is my first show, I thought I would have a little bit of everything to see what sells. It has taken me well over a hundred hours of show prep. It would be nice to sell a lot but the experience itself is exciting to me.

    Sounds Like you have a nice inventory. How many showcases do you have? Just curious cause for your first show it sounds like you have an amazing inventory!

    9 cases. I have five tables so they are setting up the tables in front of the stage as they could not get five tables together anywhere else on the bourse floor.

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @Twobitcollector said:
    I've been going to that show for the last couple of years.
    I'll be going Friday if the roads aren't to bad, if they are I'll go Saturday.

    Please stop by and say hello!

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭

    @kennytpez said:

    @COINS MAKE CENTS said:

    @kennytpez said:

    @Tibor said:
    @kennytpez
    I hope it goes well for you!! Can't wait for the report. What is the
    focus of your inventory?

    High percentage of world coins - several cases, albums, boxes and hundreds of world coin sets. A couple of cases of bullion (my dad's) and a few cases of US coins along with some medals and tokens. On average, about 1400 to 1600 collectors come over the three days. Since it is my first show, I thought I would have a little bit of everything to see what sells. It has taken me well over a hundred hours of show prep. It would be nice to sell a lot but the experience itself is exciting to me.

    Sounds Like you have a nice inventory. How many showcases do you have? Just curious cause for your first show it sounds like you have an amazing inventory!

    9 cases. I have five tables so they are setting up the tables in front of the stage as they could not get five tables together anywhere else on the bourse floor.

    Wow that's alot of tables very impressive. That's alot of inventory for sure! How many coins does it take to fill 5 tables. That's alot of work! Good luck with it!

    www.coinsmakecents.com

  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019 12:23PM

    @kennytpez said:

    @Twobitcollector said:
    I've been going to that show for the last couple of years.
    I'll be going Friday if the roads aren't to bad, if they are I'll go Saturday.

    Please stop by and say hello!

    Sure what table ? I see you will be in front of the stage.
    I just hope the weather holds up I'm an hour or so away

    Positive BST Transactions with:

    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette

    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst,DMWJR,
    lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin
  • @kennytpez said:

    High percentage of world coins - several cases, albums, boxes and hundreds of world coin sets. A couple of cases of bullion (my dad's) and a few cases of US coins along with some medals and tokens. On average, about 1400 to 1600 collectors come over the three days. Since it is my first show, I thought I would have a little bit of everything to see what sells. It has taken me well over a hundred hours of show prep. It would be nice to sell a lot but the experience itself is exciting to me.

    I'll try to stop by, let me know if you've got any neat chopmarked pieces!

  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @golden said:
    Wishing you the very best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

    Thank you!

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    @ChopmarkedTrades said:

    @kennytpez said:

    High percentage of world coins - several cases, albums, boxes and hundreds of world coin sets. A couple of cases of bullion (my dad's) and a few cases of US coins along with some medals and tokens. On average, about 1400 to 1600 collectors come over the three days. Since it is my first show, I thought I would have a little bit of everything to see what sells. It has taken me well over a hundred hours of show prep. It would be nice to sell a lot but the experience itself is exciting to me.

    I'll try to stop by, let me know if you've got any neat chopmarked pieces!

    Unfortunately, no. I wish I did for my own collection.

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭

    @kennytpez said:

    @golden said:
    Wishing you the very best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

    Thank you very much!

    Good luck this week/weekend. You know where my tables are and if you need anything just give a yell. I will Help you out anyway I can. I remember doing my first show 10 years ago and dealers that were willing to lend a hand or advice made it alot easier for me. So I'm passing the gesture forward if you need anything!

    www.coinsmakecents.com

  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

    Thanks so much. Very kind of you!

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
  • goldengolden Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

    How did it go?

  • kennytpezkennytpez Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019 1:42PM

    It went very well. Even with threat of snow and ice, there were just under 1000 attendees over the three days. Business was good on Thursday, ok on Friday, and great for me on Saturday. I have to study for a few mid-term tests I missed last week but will write more about the show later this week.

    Thanks for asking!

    17 year old YN and ANA District Representative and life member.

    I wish more kids would join the hobby.

    Numismatics with Kenny youtube channel - Please visit & subscribe

    my blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com

    Follow me on my new Twitter page - https://twitter.com/numismatist2001
Sign In or Register to comment.