Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

James Harden Contenders undervalued?

Why is the playoff contenders auto psa 10 James Harden not a $1,000 plus card? There are only 28 and he is out of his mind right now not to mention what he has done the last couple of years

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall him legit quitting in a Conference Finals game 6 a few years back and then pouting through the game 7, refusing to even shoot at times

Great talent, bit of a clown, though.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Some people love him obviously but “bit of a clown” like Wheaties said is the overwhelming sentiment I feel. I could never PC him and I am sure many others feel similar.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    Why is the playoff contenders auto psa 10 James Harden not a $1,000 plus card? There are only 28 and he is out of his mind right now not to mention what he has done the last couple of years

You must have one or more of those 28.

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Until he wins a title he’ll never truly blow up.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

He has not won jack yet and plays no D. He is not MJ.

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I agree with all that has been said but it just surprises me that a card like this even with those things said lags so far behind others

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Great talent, one dimensional, and no championships. Would jump considerably if they beat the Warriors in the playoffs. He is playing well w/o 2 valuable teammates.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

His step back is a travel, he falls down 15 times a game, pushes off with his right arm on drives, and doesn't play defense. All ignored by refs in bird box glasses.

If Curry could do this without a whistle he would score 60 a game.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

Well I sure understand now how the collecting world thinks of him. Interesting

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

I watched the Hou/GS game. He was spectacular in overtime, but I wanted to reach through the TV and rip his beard off after hitting that shot. Very talented, but can't stand him.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've stayed focused on the Ring of Champions - Lebron, Curry and Durant. I think I have one Harden card.

• Options

Those are great to have but I was coming at it from a value stand point. It seems the Harden has a good amount of room to increase in the near future but again if the collecting world just does not like him then maybe not. If Curry and Durant won the title again this year what kind of bump do their cards get?

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd - Just realized I have 3 Harden's - Contenders Auto, Exquisite Auto and Topps Gold all in PSA 10. I kinda doubt I will buy more unless he starts winning championships.

• Options

I picked up a Contenders psa 10 a year or so ago and just picked up a second strictly because I feel he is under valued. But maybe he is valued exactly where he should be!! At least for now

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Because a low grade 1986 Fleer Jordan is a better buy?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options

Maybe it is at that